[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1461172095161.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461172095161.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>NOTE: These are probably silly so if you don't want to bother reading them, feel free to skip the thread and partake on a more interesting thread.

- Should per-board rules be sticky threads on their relevant boards?

It's not like people will read them anyway but their prominence on the index and catalog will improve their discoverability.

- Should the global rules mention only site-specific activities like reporting posts?

Legal issues would probably be better suited for a Terms of Service page, which 4chan doesn't have.

- Should 4chan have a Privacy Policy?

Currently, privacy-related information is relegated to a section in the FAQ. People expect to find the Privacy Policy directly and a dedicated page could add missing information in order to preserve transparency, like the use of cookies.
>>
>>518853
I think OPs of threads should be allowed to autosage their own threads if they want, for various reasons
>>
>>518863
Even with sage being invisible as it is now?
>>
>>518883
What I mean is autosage in the way that only mods can do now, for times when a thread becomes corrupted or co-opted by shitposters and you feel ashamed to have made it, for just one example of when it could be used.
>>
File: srs business.jpg (53 KB, 450x548) Image search: [Google]
srs business.jpg
53 KB, 450x548
>Terms of Service
>Privacy Policy
There's literally a longcat on the front page, where do you think you are?
>>
>>518903
>>518863
I like this. I'be made threads and after only 20 minutes they were done, but kept going as trolls trolling trolls. And u felt bad. It would be nice to have a sly abort option like that. Since we can't delete threads we make, anymore on most boards.
>>
>>519010
Both the Rules and FAQ pages technically contain information that you would find in those two pages. Making it separate would allow the rules and FAQ to describe the site without legalese stuff, which would be relegated to ToS and privacy.

Even though 4chan is for fun, it still would make sense to have those. After all, isn't it a common thing to have on sites for user-generated content?

A privacy policy here would most likely look like this: https://mixtape.moe/privacy/
>>
>>519032
You can't delete threads?
>>
"We use cookies to track users when they change their IP addresses so that we can identify them and reban them."
>>
>>519595
Ever since it was changed to need a cooldown, I have never been able to delete a thread. Not 5 minutes later, not 20 minutes later. And it doesn't matter which computer or side of the country I am on.

And I hear tale on this board that, on some boards, deleting threads is outright disabled.
>>
>>519915
>And I hear tale on this board that, on some boards, deleting threads is outright disabled.
It's true. /int/ is one of those boards.
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tnjh3dZw4
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.