[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A call for a slower /vg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1389418798740.png (1 MB, 1280x1719) Image search: [Google]
1389418798740.png
1 MB, 1280x1719
If any of you ever used /vg/ for anything other than the big threads you have probably lived through the death of many generals. Small communities that even though somewhat active get fucking murdered when the big threads like Dota2 or CSGO are constantly renewing themselves because of esports.

It's a pity, sometimes a game get few updates and the general are only active during weekends and so and they can't survive in the current board because /vg/ is full of very active threads that are killing the little guys.

This is thread is a call for a solution.

I won't claim to know what the best change would be. Maybe a specific board for esports games, maybe more thread slots, maybe loop the most popular generals so that they don't constantly need a new thread or maybe even go for the 2ch solution and just make a /vg2/.

I just want something to be done.
>>
If only we had some feature that would allow polite and well intentioned individuals to not bump the thread upon posting as a courtesy to less active threads

and if only that feature was visible to all as a reminder, and so people can more easily keep track of when a bump or a non-bump is needed.
>>
>>517995

6 months ago I made a thread here too suggesting for the sage option to be more prominent, something like a checkbox so people would remember to use it, but seems like they didn't like it.

Either way even if people remembered it /vg/ has far too many active threads for that to be effective.
>>
KILL /vg/

KILL /vp/

FIX /v/

FIX /vr/
>>
eSports threads are too much for /vg/
/asp/ exists, so why not move them there or some shit
>>
Don't care about your post but I just want to thank you for posting an image with Cirno's cute feet. Too bad about Rylai not also being barefoot.
>>
>>518002
This. Well, the first two.
>>
File: 1265655634300.gif (7 KB, 273x537) Image search: [Google]
1265655634300.gif
7 KB, 273x537
>>517993
RIP Wakfu general
Anyway, don't allow a new thread to be made and used before a thread is actually past the bump limit of 750 posts and is on page 10. This is little but has huge implications of people not just living to spam their personal offtopic blog but be aware that they use a whole board full of big and small communities.
Oh and do what /co/ does: Go through the threads every 2 months and look at what threads really don't need a general anymore. /lisg/ is on the bordder bewteen viable discussion and /ksg/2.0 right now for example. Elizabeth general has no place at all anymore, game is fucking old with nothing new in side and hinted at.
As always, the best solutions require actual moderation, workforce and the users not being such edgy contrarians that demand to exist without reason.
Oh and delete fucking /srg/ or at least have courtesy to move it to /pol/int/ where it would be ontopic again.

>>518072
This idea is so retarded it is actually legit. But /asp/ already suffers so much from the gaymen drama faggots.
>>
>>518452

You sound elitist. By your logic we should just axe /mlp/ and let them spread everywhere instead of giving it a place.

I don't browse it but /ksg/ has every right to exist because there are people willing to keep discussing it. Is it good discussion? Probably not. But it is not up to us to make that decision. Point is that they have a place to exist, and many more communities tried to have their own place too but couldn't because /vg/ is too fast. Hell, look at generals like Terraria which is a decently popular game and they have to keep making posts overnight so it won't die. I argue for a solution that would help such generals that have communities but don't often get many posts. Something like /vr/ speed.
>>
But how do you convince all the autists anyway.
>>
>>518996
I am elitist in that I want videogame dicussions on the videogame board. Way too many people are in the boards for everything but videogames.
>>
>>518996
And /mlp/ should be nuked. Range-ban its posters if needed be.
>>
>>519042

Why, because you don't like the content?

What makes you so special that you can judge what can be discussed or not?
>>
It seems strange to me to attempt to rank the worth or merit of general threads against each other.
I'd rather be shot in the foot than shot in the stomach, but ideally I wouldn't be shot at all. You belong in chat rooms or forums and not imageboards.
>>
>>519106

That's quite contradictory of you to say you shouldn't rank their merit yet you are simply grouping them all as shit that shouldn't be on 4chan. If you "don't want to be shot at all" you can simply, you know, not browse them.
>>
Double the size of /vg/'s catalog, but make it so that threads that reach the bump limit still die at page 11. That will help a little bit.
>>
>>519156
This sounds good.
Generals are shit, though.
But they should get their board.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.