[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>4chan is not a hugbox, the point of this site it that it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1454008929591.jpg (66 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1454008929591.jpg
66 KB, 530x600
>4chan is not a hugbox, the point of this site it that it has a heterogeneous community with varying opinions and backgrounds, unlike most forums where everybody is the same, and posts are heavily moderated. If you want a safe space go to tumblr!
>ban normalfags though, they trigger me
>>
File: 1453918854460.png (135 KB, 349x323) Image search: [Google]
1453918854460.png
135 KB, 349x323
una vela
>>
>>517895
Such sweet irony
>>
File: 1375916425780.jpg (173 KB, 519x384) Image search: [Google]
1375916425780.jpg
173 KB, 519x384
>>517902
I heard people taste sweet irony just before they have a stroke.
>>
>>517895
I WANT NORMALSHITS TO GO
>>
Delete /qa/.
>>
>>517912
No that's just blood
>>
Sorry Anon, ideologies aren't absolutely perfect. There's some people that simply shouldn't be allowed to have their way.

/co/ was all like "/co/ is love, love and tolerance, hugs and kisses for everyone," and you can see how well that went for them.
>>
>>517895

This is about /co/ isn't it? After six years I unfortunately left the board due to their faggotry. The mods are cunts and the posters are full of women and faggots. What happened in 2012 that turned that place into full tumblr?
>>
>>517895
The problem with normalfags is they're relatively homogeneous. I don't want to outright ban normalfags. I just want to be able to insult them, and I don't want them to be a dominating presence. The real cause of hugboxism is how fractured the site is into sub boards. You simply find a home that will bubble you from the other boards, and you find a board that mostly agrees with you.
>>
Strawman. 4chan was supposed to be a hugbox for people with nerdy hobbies. Normalfags are like shitskin immigrants ruining our culture.
>>
File: tumblr_o0lx3kWF9z1tm163xo1_1280.jpg (600 KB, 1280x1529) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0lx3kWF9z1tm163xo1_1280.jpg
600 KB, 1280x1529
>>519324

>Normalfags are like shitskin immigrants ruining our culture

Kek. Say that shit on /co/ and they would have your head on a pike while the mod defends their liberal ideologies. They are the only board that unironically supports Bernie and defends Assigned Male.
>>
>>519342
I identify as trans-dead, you should refer to me in the past tense in all your dealings with me or else you are verbally raping me.
>>
>>519425
I was sorry.
>>
>>519446
You are forgiven
>>
>>519324
The fuck it was, the hugbox is the definitive normalfag behavior. Most of the people who came to 4chan were ex-SA browsers, people who saw the bullshit habits of hugboxing first-hand from there and other backwater forums, then came here and all said to each other "You see that shit? Let's all agree to never become that." That's the entire point of why we had the hazing process in the first place, any faggot that walked in had to prove that he was worth his weight in salt.
>>
>>519324

4chan, while originally for nerdy topics, had a huge amount of "normies." Hence why the user base back then pushed for the creation of new boards such as

>/sp/
>/o/
>/p/
>/soc/
>/adv/
>/fa/
>/g/
>/k/
and later
>/diy/
>/biz/
>/asp/
>/out/
>/wsg/

Stop pretending 4chan is some bastion for the disenfranchised. I'm 28 with a career in banking and I openly show pics and webms from 4chan to friends and co-workers on my phone. No one gives a shit.
>>
Much of it relates to post quality and the desire to preserve the last vestiges of the older internet in this age of social media web 2.0 garbage.
>>
>>519521
That's true, but two boards can have two extremely different userbases.
Some banking bro sharing 4chan pics on his smartphone would be regarded as concentrated cancer on the boards I enjoy.
But it could be normal on /fa/ or /biz/ or whatever. I won't pretend to know what they're like because I don't interact with them.
>>
>>519521
>/g/
>not nerdy
>normie
Opinion discarded
>>
>>519596
Besides some freetards, /g/ is mostly populated with consumerism and /v/ideo cards discussion. According to /g/, watches and pens are technology, there are desktop and chinese shopping generals. I would hardly call people in web dev "nerds", in daily programming threads not many are good nor hardcore programmers.
So yeah, /g/ is not really nerdy, not in technology field.

Also, /g/ was better in times of /l/.
>>
And who the fuck said that? Yes, we're a hivemind and no, 4chan isn't about free speech.
>>
>>519223
adventure time happened
>>
File: 1354868612213.png (245 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1354868612213.png
245 KB, 500x333
>>519802
I don't understand how that show became so popular. Flapjack was a great show and predates it by years on the same channel.
>>
>>519805
The combination of Disney making bank on tween sitcoms, Nick following suit and pushing cartoons to the side, CN pushing non-cartoon shows to compete, American television in general seeing declining numbers, and the rising youth being huge weeaboos and nostalgiafags at the same time (cartoons aren't mature enough, digital animation is disgusting, CG is the cancer killing animation, you know the song and routine).

Everyone was too busy crying over the "Dark Ages" of cartoons to give any due credit to what did come out. They didn't give a shit about cartoons, they just wanted that one eternal shining beacon to "break the mold" and define an entire generation. Adventure Time's overt silliness designated it to that role, it caught on with the shitty posers that wanted to stand out, and the rest is history.
>>
>>519779
You claimed /g/ was created to cater to normals, not that normals infested it like every other board.
>>
>>519825
I wish Adventure Time hadn't gotten so popular, because it's not a bad show, just overrated.
>>519805
Flapjack is Adventure Time before Adventure Time, and is great.
>>
>>519873
It wasn't me, different anon. But you are right there.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.