[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are VPNs banned? I agree with banning of TOR and understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: stevieborder.jpg (41 KB, 656x656) Image search: [Google]
stevieborder.jpg
41 KB, 656x656
Why are VPNs banned? I agree with banning of TOR and understand banning ban evaders but why are normal functioning members of 4chan forbidden from using VPN by law?
Many core rules of 4chan need to be revised. This is one of them
>>
Well like, the thing is, man, like, you can't really like, trust people? And like, things that people do are like things that are being done by people when they want to do things, and by letting them do those things then other people can do things too, you know what i'm saying?
>>
>>516648
Easter?
Even with a growing database of banned VPNs, there will always be people willing to pay to spam the shit out of this site. Hell we can be glad most people are not using their free mobile proxy even more than they do.
>>
>>516648
tor isnt banned, nor should it be.
>>
>>516800
>>>/global/rules/14
>>
>>516648
They ban people based on IPs. They don't want people to be able to circumvent bans. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>516648
Because a lot of people use VPN's to spam, post CP/other illegal shit, and easily circumvent bans. It's the same reason why so many proxies and Tor nodes are banned. People abuse them.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.