[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anime not allowed on /tv/ any more? Or was it just an overzealous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 708x78) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9 KB, 708x78
Is anime not allowed on /tv/ any more?

Or was it just an overzealous janny?
>>
>>516563
If you're off topic shitposting with anime then it isn't allowed on any board besides the relevant weeb legacy boards.
>>
There's a whole damn board dedicated just to anime, please use it. Or are you scared of the /a/utists?
>>
>>516568

/tv/ has plenty of anime threads and they certainly are not shitposting compared to what goes on that board.

But can you point in the rules where it says that a medium of film/television isn't allowed?
>>
>>516574

Anime threads are allowed on the hobby/topic boards, why should /tv/ be any different?
>>
>>516579
No they are not, it's off-topic. Anime pics is another matter.
>>
>>516563
LINK THE FUCKING THREAD, YOU STUPID SHITPOSTING WHORE.
>>
>>516581

They certainly are.

Same way books and tv/movies threads related to [insert board] are allowed. Media related to that topic is allowed.

This shit happens all time.

>>516583

I'm not OP,

>>>/tv/68974154
>>
>>516563
Anime is sometimes allowed. I think it depends on if the janitor/mod happens to see it, and if OP looks like he's being earnest or not. For the most part it's fine to discuss the most basic level anime in /tv/ like DBZ and NGE.
>>
>>516600
*depends on which janny/mod sees it, I mean
>>
I'm from /a/ and don't mind that at all. We don't talk about Western TV on /a/ and making a thread about it there would get deleted pretty fast, so it's quite rational that the same holds true for /tv/ with anime.
>>
>>516609

But that's because /a/ is anime & manga focused, it is not, for all intensive purposes, the catch-all media board like /tv/.

Frankly I don't think /a/ should have any input on how the day-to day-site is run, you lot are utterly disconnected from everything that happens to the rest of us.
>>
>>516609
It's like you're expecting /a/ and /tv/ to have the same userbase or something.
>>
>>516609
Exactly.

>>516612
You're forgetting that there's a board dedicated to anime on this site. That's where anime discussions belong.
>>
>>516612
Well if anime is allowed on /tv/ because it also is television, just a specialized niche of it, then are cartoons also technically /tv/?
>>
File: 1461082000439.png (311 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1461082000439.png
311 KB, 450x500
>>516568
>legacy boards
>>
>>516612
>Frankly I don't think /a/ should have any input on how the day-to day-site is run, you lot are utterly disconnected from everything that happens to the rest of us.
Then leave.
>>
>>516624
>That's where anime discussions belong.

The site wide moderation reflects differently to your opinion.

You are claiming that board related media is not allowed.

>>516629

That they are and /tv/ also has cartoons threads, hell, it even had a "saturday morning cartoon" general for an extremely short while.
>>
>>516634

I'm not wrong though, you are mollycoddled by the moderation staff.

And that's fine, but don't expect for people to take you seriously when you talk about site wide issues.

You are not even really representative of /a/, because you crossboard here.
>>
>>516629
>>516634
So lets delete /a/ then, there's no point in having an anime board if people don't want to discuss anime there.

Also, pokemon belongs on /vp/, not allowed on /a/. It's the same principle. Pokemon discussions belong on the pokemon-board.
>>
>>516657
What?
>>
>>516657
Damn, I quoted the wrong posts.
>>
>>516657

Just because people want to discuss media related to their topic on their own board, does not mean we need to remove the media boards.

I'm saying quite the opposite, I'm saying that media-topic content will always be cross-posted when two boards share common ground.

/a/ doesn't kick out anime or manga that has its basis in visual novels (powerpoint video games), so there's no reason why it should kick out pokemon because that also derives from a video game.

I've never understood this mindset of "well we have x board, but people sometimes post about x when in y, therefore we shouldn't have x".
>>
>>516701
>so there's no reason why it should kick out pokemon because that also derives from a video game.
That's not what I meant. Pokemon shouldn't be allowed on /a/ and the reason for that is that there's a pokemon-board.
If we had a K-on board then K-on wouldn't be allowed on /a/.
If you create a board for topic x then that means that topic x will be off-topic on all other boards.
>>
>>516720

But why? If they talk about the anime that's acceptable no? This is exactly it is enforced on the other boards. You are allowed to post about x hobby through y medium.

K-On is a poor example, the franchises are vastly different in both legacy and population.

And x won't be off-topic, because as I keep saying, the moderation considers them on-topic and doesn't delete threads or hand out bans.

The reason I created this thread was to point out that a janny out there doesn't get the status quo.
>>
>>516720

Here's an example in progress.

>>>/tv/68971786
>>
>>516727
>the moderation considers them on-topic
Says fucking who?

>The reason I created this thread was to point out that a janny out there doesn't get the status quo.
He's following the rules.

>>516756
lol
>>
>>516612
Specific topics go on their respective specific boards, and the catch-all broader board takes the topics that are not included in the specific board.

Cars go on the cars board. Transportation that aren't cars goes on the transportation board. This is always how it has worked.

The exception for you is if you're talking about non-anime media directly related to anime, such as a live action adaption.
>>
File: 1443737236371.jpg (131 KB, 496x1371) Image search: [Google]
1443737236371.jpg
131 KB, 496x1371
Fuck off /v/
>>
>>516563
There are a shit ton of topics that could be deleted on /tv/, but no one bothers to report it

Now, people report anime shit, so it gets deleted

Literally, and unironically, nothing personnel kid
>>
>>516946
>personnel
>>
>>516806

Do I really have to keep repeating myself.

That's what the issues is.

It isn't stated, but typically people do not get their threads deleted or banned for creating topic related media threads.

Which means that the mods deem them to be on topic.

>>516815

The difference between /o/ and transport is that it is directly stated what kind of transport is allowed on those two boards.

This is not the same for topic-related media for other boards.
>>
for some reason this asshole talking about fucking dogs is /tv/ related.

>>>/tv/69014107

must be invisibros bf
>>
I don't know why so many people struggle with the idea that some topics overlap with several boards.

>>516609
Anime is a subset of television and animation, that's why anime is on-topic on /tv/ but not all television and animation is on-topic on /a/.
>>
>>516965
Yeah, what the fuck? Who spells that wrong? Fucking idiots we've got on this site, they don't know shit.
>>
>>516563
finally
>>
>>517371
And now the mods deem them to be off-topic.

>>517727
It's from a copypasta, you fucking newfag. >pssh, nothing personnel kid
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.