[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ is an embarrassment to not only 4chan but the music community,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: mu sucks.jpg (345 KB, 1223x671) Image search: [Google]
mu sucks.jpg
345 KB, 1223x671
/mu/ is an embarrassment to not only 4chan but the music community, everybody shitposts, the only thread where people actually explain why they like a certain piece over the other is the classical music general which is not that active, waifu threads all the time (i know places like /tv/ has them as well, but they're mostly ignored.), RYM/Chart threads are less about discussing music and more about using music as a fashion sense (again, /tv/ has this too with Letterboxd, but that site is actually used for reviewing films unlike RYM), the mods do jack shit and probably shitpost themselves too.

Nuke this board and bring it back in a few years, it's the only remedy.
>>
>>515990
Every time a board has been removed and returned it has only gotten worse.
>>
>>515991
If you bring the board back with an emphasis on music education instead of charts/last.fm/RYM then i don't think it would end up even worse than it is now
>>
>music community
>classical
Fuck off, go back to sputnikmusic cuck
>>
>>515990
>general
>general
>general
>general

4chan was once an anonymous ephemeral image board for creative discussion of hobbies free of your average normalfag. The king is dead, long live the king.
>>
>>515990
>but that site is actually used for reviewing films unlike RYM

I'm pretty sure you can review music AND movies on RYM.
>>
File: 1438519423865.jpg (183 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1438519423865.jpg
183 KB, 1280x853
Just deleting boards does not work; they show up fragmented on every other board and shit them up.

The real problem is the community; when you give people anonymity they think it's the magic "I can talk about anything not related to this subject and act retarded all I want with zero consequences" option on the internet. Anywhere that requires a name to discuss is also far worse so it doesn't help to just leave; you're fucked either way and while this sites boards are suffering from rot due to undermanned moderation there's atleast a few good threads up at any time in the sea of excrement.
>>
>>515990
Most people know jackshit about what they're talking about, and the internet encourages them to arrogantly voice their opinion as if it's absolute truth, you can thank all those "everyone's a winner" trophies and cult of mediocrity.
>>
>>515990
>/classical/
>good
lmao it's just pesudo-intellectuals circlejrking each other

Jazz threads are slightly better
>>
File: 1360918718476.jpg (15 KB, 209x202) Image search: [Google]
1360918718476.jpg
15 KB, 209x202
Oh look the cancer that killed /tv/ and turned it into the /b/ tier shit you know now is trying to do the same to /mu/
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.