[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do mods still give out "warnings"? don't they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1457634311129.jpg (18 KB, 199x196) Image search: [Google]
1457634311129.jpg
18 KB, 199x196
why do mods still give out "warnings"? don't they know the first thing shitposters do is chuckle at their incompetence and naiveté, click out, and then continue on their reign of terror?
>>
File: 1460031039769.jpg (456 KB, 2092x2092) Image search: [Google]
1460031039769.jpg
456 KB, 2092x2092
>>515174
>>
Because the boards that do are actually good, as opposed to /a/ where mods suddenly decide to ban you because they decided that talking about things is no longer allowed. Then let entire threads go about doing it.

Warnings let people know the boundaries. Shitposters will shitpost, but the majority of people not in /b/ actually want to talk about things and get pissed when they're banned for no reason.
>>
>>515315
This. When I'm not shitposting, if I actually get a warning for something I didn't realize was a problem, I'm fine with backing off.
>>
warnings are completely fine, they're a good way of notifying someone of rulebreakage, but for small actions such as posting in a dubs thread or such that really wouldn't justify banning an individual. ifail to see the issue.
>>
>>515174
I always take a warning as mods saying "hey, knock that shit off." It's like they're mostly ok with what you're doing but they can't really condone it and don't want to ban you for it.
>>
Because the mods are supposed to be fairly light handed and let some things slide if it's not persistent breaking of rules.
Some mods and janitors don't follow that, but that's actually what their guidelines say to do.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.