[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/qst/ Did we really need a whole new board for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1452737149858.jpg (15 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
1452737149858.jpg
15 KB, 318x318
>/qst/

Did we really need a whole new board for this?
>>
>>514852
Yes.

I bet someone will make a post saying no before this one because someone on this board is really mad about this.
>>
>>514852
did we really need a whole new thread for this?
>>
>>514855
The irony here is amusing.
>>
>>514852
The general agreement from questers is 'no', though a minority find the idea appealing.
>>
>>514852
If you don't like it then all you have to do is not go there.
>>
>>514852
No. It is a completely pointless idea and a waste of everybody's time.
>>
Yes. 2/3 of /tg/ was just questing threads at certain points, and they are arguably not topical to that board. They also existed on other boards.
Creating /qst/, to me, was a good idea because consistently popular "board cultire" posts that exist site wide should be rewarded with their own boards. This comes with the added benefit of freeing up space on the original board for more topical threads.
>>
>>514852
>>514852
FUCKING YES

/tg/ IS SAVED

PRAISE BE MOOTWO
>>
>>514898
Certain points that literally no one can point to because they don't exist.
Quests have consistently been less than 10% of the board. Recently they're barely even 8% by the numbers. Peak hours give 15 quest threads, including those dead and falling off page 10.
It frees up less than a dozen threads on /tg/.
>>
>>514901
Less than a dozen threads on average.*
There were literally 5 quest threads when the announcement and subsequent opening of /qst/ went up.
>>
Oh god yes.

There was a point where filtering 'quest' from OP subject lines would leave you with 2-3 generals on the /tg/ frontpage.

Years overdue.
>>
>>514923
I've been browsing /tg/ for several years and have never seen this. I'm not saying it was never this bad, but it definitely no longer is. Basically, people are trying to fix a problem that no longer exists.
>>
>>514863
the majority of people who say no have never used /tg/, that's for sure
>>
>>514902
There were/are quest threads on other boards besides /tg/.
>>
File: Knight_of_flowers_smug.jpg (60 KB, 582x681) Image search: [Google]
Knight_of_flowers_smug.jpg
60 KB, 582x681
>>514923
>frontpage
>>
>>516336
You mean all the people that were in the /tg/ proposal thread weren't from /tg/? How curious.
>>
>>514852
Yeah, it organises it to make it easier for people who enjoy them to fobd quests they like, as well as having it's own archive so you don't have to trawl through years of posts to find the thread and also means less clutter for tg and to a lesser extent v and tv. There's been some 10/10 quests on it so far so it's pretty positive all around, I don't get what the issue could be
>>
>>516320
You are lying then
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.