[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Suggestions from other sites on how to improve 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11
File: fix4chan.jpg (92 KB, 1906x282) Image search: [Google]
fix4chan.jpg
92 KB, 1906x282
ITT: Suggestions from other sites on how to improve 4chan
>>
Ah yes, the exact reason why NeoGAF is a piece of shit site. I really do not miss the people who refuse to use 4chan.

THE ANTHONY CUMIA SHOW
>>
>>514543
>NeoGAF

into the trash it goes and shit all over it
>>
>>514543
>lets change an anonymous image board to a traditional forum
>lets do it to improve its quality despite the fact that history has shown that traditional forums do nothing to improve the quality of anything and infact do the exact opposite the older the forum is
>>
>>514557
>>514568
I never said they had to be good suggestions.
>>
>>514573
To improve implies the suggestion would be good.
>>
File: 1438950024380.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1438950024380.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>514543
>NeoGAF
Why hasn't that awful place been shut down yet?
>>
>>514689
Sony uses it as a designated Shilling forum.
>>
>>514543
okay so tell me OP and please don't be much of a fag as possible on this but is removing anonymity really the best thing to fix 4chan?
>>
>>515563
Oh wait since it's neoGAF we should listen to them! WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
>>
>>515563
>>515566
Judging by the quality of your and most namefags' posts, the answer is no.

Clearly it was posted to point and laugh
>>
>>514543
from [REDACTED]
>allow multiple image posting
>more markup tags
>don't try to infect people with malware
>/leftypol/
>>
>>514543
That looks like a troll to me.
>>
>>515580
Nah, neogaf is just a Progressive hugbox.

The userbase are all 100% retarded.
>>
File: 1460226220124.png (1006 KB, 840x623) Image search: [Google]
1460226220124.png
1006 KB, 840x623
>>515667
>so many threads supporting Hillary
The first and last time I go there.
>>
>>514549
>NeoGAF
>>514557
>>514689
>>515667
How can you guys tell which site that is?
>>
>>515667
What's worser is their moderators. Literally bans anyone that triggers them or someone in the community. They're community will lash out at people who don't share the same hive mind as them just like you see in those recent antifa/anti-trump protesters, they'll group up on you. And just label you as a troll to justify the ban.
>>
NeoGAF is a hugbox, I say this as a far-left commie who actually thinks Feminist theory makes sense.

They're incredibly smug pretentious Liberals. I remember bringing up Hillary Clinton's emails then they started going all "LOL BENGHAZI", "LOL SHE DID NOTHING WRONG", "THE EMAILS WEREN'T EVEN CLASSIFIED! (yes they were btw, they were not only classified, but she had compartmentalized emails as well)

after pages of this, said stop being obtuse morons, how in hell is Clinton taking classified and information that is supposed to be compartmentalized onto a unsecured private server in any way legal?.

"MORON!? NOT TALKING TO YOU ANYMORE"
"WELL GOODBYE"
"BYE BYE!"

banned for being a "BernieBro".

Vidya discussion wise though NeoGAF is better than /v/ considering /v/ is absolute fucking dogshit these days.
>>
>>514543
>non-free email address
Who the fuck pays for email except for corporate sites that need them. Like there's other problems here but that one sticks out.
>>
>515734
This is obvious bait.
>>
>>515743
>Can't even quote correctly

Spotted the neofaggot.
>>
>>515743
Did you just quote your own post?
>>
>>515734
They spam "bye bye" just because someone calls them a moron? This sounds like fucking preschool shit.
>>
>>515580
I've seen similar suggestions here on 4chan.

People with 4chan-passes already have an account tied to an email, btw. I've seen some people suggesting that 4chan-passes should be mandatory.
>>
File: tranny.png (16 KB, 965x186) Image search: [Google]
tranny.png
16 KB, 965x186
>>514543

Of course it's a fucking tranny. Reminder, 90% of "female" SJWs who can't shut up about muh sexism and muh representation in media/online, and try to speak for all women are trannies.
>>
File: 1448607617379.png (63 KB, 1824x416) Image search: [Google]
1448607617379.png
63 KB, 1824x416
>>
>>514543
That is the worst idea I have ever seen.
>>
>>514543
After 10 bans you can't view the site at all for any other ban period past the 10th one.
>>
I've heard people say that 4chan should have user-side filters that let them see only what they want to see and it blocks out the rest.

What a fucking stupid idea. The whole point of coming here is because people actually have to engage you and what you're saying, and they can't dismissively block you because they don't agree or because you said a no-no word. Seriously, what's the point of coming to a site that's built around indulging in different topics and viewpoints, just to seal yourself off in your own little box so nobody can ever call you out on your bullshit logical fallacies.

I'm so glad these people won't ever have a say in 4chan's priorities.
>>
File: sage.png (59 KB, 952x635) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
59 KB, 952x635
>>515896
R8 my filters, brah.
>>
File: neogaf.png (6 KB, 687x145) Image search: [Google]
neogaf.png
6 KB, 687x145
>noegaf
>>
>>515918
P O T T E R Y
>>
>>515896
I dont filter offensive or challenging content, i filter the dogshit in between. There are words, phrases and pictures that when used you can almost guarantee are completely worthless shitposts. Yeah, i might miss out on the one rare post that has mild value, but im also more aware of the posts that aren't meaningless garbage. It doesn't work the way you think it does.
>>
File: neogaf2.jpg (1 MB, 1080x8549) Image search: [Google]
neogaf2.jpg
1 MB, 1080x8549
>
>>
>>515921
"Almost guarantee" is not a guarantee, and you don't need a filter to ignore dogshit in the first place. You've basically admitted that you're fine with giving up principles for convenience.

reddit tumblr anime general pony brony troll tulpa meme minecraft autism pepe boku no pico install gentoo, now we can't even have this conversation because you handed your personal judgment over to a machine, misfires be damned.
>>
>>515720
Hmm, sounds like another place I know.
>>
>>515944
>Hmm
>le failed snark

>>>/reddit/

The mods never get this bad here, and whatever you say, you are anonymous so you don't have to care and people won't even remember you in the next thread you go.
>>
>>515814
>>515817
No,I broke the backlink on purpose.
>>
File: 1437045627112.jpg (175 KB, 1328x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437045627112.jpg
175 KB, 1328x1080
>>515918
>>
@515968
That's not how you're supposed to do that meme famalam.
>>
File: 1462110925051.jpg (23 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1462110925051.jpg
23 KB, 500x351
>>515968
You're terrible at memes
Hot leg can cook an eg
>>
>>516231
Memes are shit anyway.
>>
File: Forty_keks.jpg (16 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
Forty_keks.jpg
16 KB, 292x257
>>515918
>>
>>515942
>over to a machine

That statement is beyond retarded. I suggest you to cease your existence at once.
>>
>>514568
With the catalog, archives and general threads, 4chan is already pretty much just another traditional forum these days.
>>
>>515879
>I wish we could find a list of companies that advertise on 4chan so we can tell them directly
There really aren't any companies that advertise on 4chan besides J-list, and they essentially are 4chan. Closest you have are the occasional ad banner on /v/ for a AAA vidya, but that's about it. The rest are just silly things users like to put up
>>
>>516236
>memes
>shit
Take that back!
>>
>Lol guys look at me! I use this forum which uses profile pictures. Oh, btw i also have a scorecard under it showing how people love/hate me and how many shitposts i have made!

Phpbb / mybb / xenforno / vB forums suck.

The anonymity effect is still in place even behind a username. We at 4chan (and other chans) embrace the anonymity effect. The thing is, other forums have made rules which ban free speech. Hate speech is awful. But it's speech and speech does deserve a voice. Bigots will exist no matter what you do.

My point is, regardless if you force someone to pay to get on 4chan and give that person a permanent tripcode, that person is still going to act with anonymity. The reason is simple; nobody in real life is going to find out what they posted.

We have people in /a/ that love anime. They cannot share there love of anime with anyone due to fear of being made fun of. With 4chan, or any forum, they can talk with people who love anime without being made fun of.

We have people in /lgbt/ who are closeted, but 4chan gives them a platform to stand on.

We have /r9k/ where people with social issues meet up to discuss and cope with there issues. And hopefully have a successful life.

Anonymity does so many good things for people, yet it does so many bad things as well. It's a true double edged sword. Some people use it as a platform for hate, and some use it for a platform for good.

I hope that the person who made that comment looks at this thread and sees this reply. Perhaps someone could point him to my post?

TL;DR
Sometimes anon-chan bad. Sometimes anon-chan good.
>>
>>518240
I'd also like to clarify that /lgbt/, /a/, and /r9k/ have FAR more purposes then those that i outlined. /a/ is a wonderful board for the discussion of anime, as is /lgbt/ for discussion of LGBT issues. /r9k/ is.... A special blend.
>>
>>518240
That is actually a really good post. I agree wholeheartedly with all the points you made, although I must say that I personally love avatars. But if I want to use those I don't have to use a forum. There are any number of things that let me select my own without needing to be a part of a forum to make use of it, such as Steam. True, Steam has forums, but it has other things too. And Steam forums are awful anyway, the community is always the worst of the worst and you can barely even see your avatar.
>>
>>518240
tl;dr you're bigger cancer then me
>>
>>518240
>without being made fun of
This is literally 4chan turning into hugboxes.

I remember back in the day, everyone on 4chan hated everyone else, and called you out on your bullshit and argued with you over absolutely nothing. This idea that such and such has to be tolerated is why cancer exists. This is why /pol/ doesn't have to face reality, has incredibly thin skin and gets triggered the fuck out whenever someone posts something that isn't extreme right wing on another board.

4chan should be a place where you say bullshit anonymously, people snap back at you and mock you anonymously, and you run away with your tail between your legs anonymously. It's all anonymously, and it's only people who cant let go of their ego and post as a real anonymous that want boards that coddle them.

>>518257
It's an awful newfag post.
>>
>>515900
Looks pretty solid. Lucid dreaming is alright though. 7.1/10
>>
>>515900
All those filters for the Japanese name and nothing for the English name? Also what the hell do you have against YGO?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.