[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RWBY General geStting canned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12
File: this just happened.png (19 KB, 1872x147) Image search: [Google]
this just happened.png
19 KB, 1872x147
So I was told to make a thread about this shit here.

/RWBYg/ on /co/ just got banned until the fall.

Which completely ignores that it was a general for RvB, which begins airing in a few weeks, and that RWBY has a Chibi show about to air on May 7th.

And the Mod in question is refusing to clarify the post in the current /co/ general.

Truly the /co/ moderation team are the worst on this site
>>
>>514052
all unaccepted generals belong on /trash/
>>
Told by who? It's extremely unlikely for anyone with authority to comment on this board.

>>514056
This will probably work. Mods don't use it for its intended purpose so do anything you want there.
>>
>>514052
RvB starts airing the after RWBY Chibi starts, actually. So, May 8th.
>>
That is kinda funny. Without context that would actually be a good decision, generals for a show that isn't airing for months really should not be allowed. But then you look at what is actually going on and realize the mod has no fucking clue what he's talking about.
>>
/co/'s mods are a joke. First they corral all discussion of a show into one thread, then get mad when that thread turns into a cliquey general clubhouse, so they put the kibosh on that thread as well.

If they just let the show be discussed naturally like they do with capeshit there wouldn't be any issues. I mean fuck, /co/ is pretty slow these days anyway, what's the harm in letting people discuss shit freely?
>>
>>514089
Part of the issue is that it's also a Rooster Teeth general. And Rooster Teeth uploads new content practically everyday.
>>
>>514052
>/RWBYg/ on /co/ just got banned until the fall
Ok.

>Which completely ignores that it was a general for RvB
Why can't you discuss RvB in its own threads?

>And the Mod in question is refusing to clarify the post in the current /co/ general
Almost no mod has ever done this. You're not special.
>>
>>514052
same thing happened for /got/ on /tv/

it's a good thing
>>
Can't people start threads that you know, aren't generals? You know, with a proper topic and something to reasonable discuss for the lifetime of a thread?
>>
>>514385
You are implying generalfags are smart enough to know how to actually start a normal conversation without resorting to x thread and every other general culture shit. These people came to /qa/ and the first thing they did was made a /co/ moderation general. You think they know how to start a normal conversation?
>>
4chan doesn't need fucking generals, 4chan is not a forum. I'm surprised the RWBY general didn't get banned sooner considering they were literally Katawa Shoujo 2.0 with the off topic posting and fan fiction and the shit about you guys being a RT general too is also hilarious, barely talk about other RT shit.
>>
Nice, they should scoot Naruto threads off /a/ onto /trash/ too. /trash/ was never around during the Naruto ban years but is a good compromise solution that exists now.
>>
>>514385
I made a thread asking if the show was worth watching, and it got deleted. So, no.
>>
>>514052
I never liked that show t b h
shit animation and story
glad the mods are clearing up /co/
>>
>>515160
>Milkless cereal

Hi, Pyrrha.
>>
>>514052
I wish this handling of generals was custom on the entire site.
>>
>>516145
Feel the bern
>>
General threads really aren't needed. Just start a thread when you want to talk about something on-topic, and when it dies wait for someone else to start a thread you want to post in or about that subject. If a show is currently airing or has warranted discussion threads will crop up, problem solved
>>
>>516211
We tried that and they still got modded.
>>
>>516176
On the to do list.
>>
File: 1436626103860.jpg (27 KB, 1018x145) Image search: [Google]
1436626103860.jpg
27 KB, 1018x145
>>514052
thems the rules now fuck off general fag
>>
>>516836
Except we have content coming in less than a week.
>>
File: Bethesda Animation.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda Animation.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>Unironically liking this shit
>>
>>516799
>didn't get the joke
>>
>>516968
The animation is an abomination ffs
>>
>>514094
Yeah, I'm puzzled by this. If RWBY gets removed from the title are the mods really going to start deleting Rooster Teeth generals? Has anyone tried this?
>>
>>516836
Oh wow, so the mod literally posted the same thing as they did there. Meaning they didn't actually read the thread, they just suddenly went "alright, time to remove RWBY from /co/."
>>
Oh, you know why they want RWBY off /co/? Because it's an anime. You're meant to post it on /a/. Haven't you noticed how people are always complaining about how the mods let RWBY on /a/? Funny, they delete the hell out of RWBY on /co/ but it's a-ok on /a/.
>>
>>514052
Why the fuck can't mods do this with all the generals on /a/?

>Truly the /co/ moderation team are the worst on this site
Bullshit. That is exactly what the mod should have done, short of banning generals, period (which all mods ought do).
>>
>>517049
I would agree if not for the fact that they are selectively doing this for the RWBY general. That's fucking dumb. Do it for ALL generals or don't do it at all.
>>
>>517051
Removing one cancerous growth is better than not removing any cancerous growths.
>>
File: 1365958590756.png (56 KB, 327x285) Image search: [Google]
1365958590756.png
56 KB, 327x285
>>514385
If these morons were capable of coming up with an original topic or question, and had something to say other than their own feelings and shitty opinions, they wouldn't have general threads in the first place.
>>
And before you say "eww but /a/'s community sucks", I've been to the RWBY generals on both boards. It's the exact same people. All you have to do is move, the environment's not changed at all. The only thing that's different is the letter at the top of the board. And why is that such a problem?
>>
>>517052
No, it's not, because if you don't remove it all, you're still going to fucking die at the exact same rate. Do you have any fucking clue how cancer actually works?
>>
>>517081
Probably not.
>>
>>517041
RWBY is not Anime or Manga, fuck off.
>>
File: My Greatest Achievement.png (7 KB, 1097x71) Image search: [Google]
My Greatest Achievement.png
7 KB, 1097x71
>>518050
Correct.
>>
>>514385
This is their substitute for social interaction and having friends

They can't moderate their behavior because there is a huge void in their lives which they are attempting to remedy with pathological posting.
>>
>>519131
Rude.
>>
File: 1321689614734.png (42 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1321689614734.png
42 KB, 500x281
>>519131
>They can't moderate their behavior because there is a huge void in their lives which they are attempting to remedy with pathological posting.
shit dude
>>
>>514052
Its about fucking time. RWBY generals are more /v/ than /co/ any way. When you toddlers aren't talking about your crappy show, youre talking about Lets Play and other Rooster Teeth game shit.
>>517023
>has anyone tried this
Why would mods allow them? Rooster Teeth is not /co/ related at all, and the threads would be promptly removed.
>>
>>521509
As someone into Lets Play and Rooster Teeth game shit, as well as RvB, I don't go there because they don't talk about it much at all. It's mostly just RWBY shit.

RvB and RWBY are both a weird subset of western animation that has generally been allowed. It sounds like the RWBY folks are trying to piggy-back off of RvB since it's the same parent company, which is really weird considering no other general does that.
>>
>>516957
Except you don't need a whole general to discuss the first episode of that chibby shit or RVB which you guys don't even talk about that much as this anon puts it >>521517

Just discuss the first episode til the thread 404's and wait til the next one is out to make a thread about it.
>>
>>514052
Why did you reply to him three separate times?
Maybe that's normal in general threads but on imageboards you should say it once.
>>
This thread is going to be really lively tomorrow when all the RWBY chibi threads are deleted.
>>
>>522731
You were wrong.
>>
Guess no one wanted to complain about the deleted RvB thread.
>>
>>514385
Like >>514388 and >>517060 said, generalfags prefer to be spoonfed

>>515149
>Lowkey rec thread got deleted
Good riddance, judge by yourself, faggot
>>
>>524785
No, you.
>>
>>526389
Yes, you.
>>
>>527321
Are you talking to yourself?
>>
Man, it's a shame this whole letter fiasco didn't happen before we were banned. Would have kept the general alive for however long it took RT to give us a response, at least.
>>
>>514270
Mods should be lynched tbqh
>>
>>514458
>>514385
Generals are an objectively good thing for boards.

"Muh board culture" is not an argument
>>
>>517041
Pretty much. /rwby/ goes on /a/
>>
>>521509
>cartoon is /v/

i don't even know what the fuck you mean by this
>>
>>514056
Pretty much every thread belongs on trash
>>
>>529550
It's not an anime.
>>
>>529551
>specifically say the generals are more at home on /v/
>doesn't understand
Then you are obviously a worthless retard.
>>
>>529550
I wish I still had the cap of the mod saying RWBY is /co/.
>>
File: 041f1850a3c04abe56355e2d1d22ca17.jpg (906 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
041f1850a3c04abe56355e2d1d22ca17.jpg
906 KB, 1500x1500
I just want to post pictures of Weiss
>>
File: Weiss Schnee Covers.jpg (271 KB, 1280x1075) Image search: [Google]
Weiss Schnee Covers.jpg
271 KB, 1280x1075
>>530643
Weiss is neiss.
>>
>>514052
The way /RWBYg/ devolved during the first hiatus was atrocious. It was basically just tripfags erping and posting /soc/ bullshit constantly.

There was literally no reason for having it during that time and mods banning smutposters was the best thing ever to happen to that general.

Take the Chibi shit to /trash/
>>
>>530943
It's already there.
>>
>>530635
You mean the cap that doesn't exist.
>>
>>532174
It does though.
>>
>>532195
Nice proof. (This is sarcasm if you can't tell.)
>>
>>532196
>Denying that something made in Texas is /co/
>>
>>533195
Nice proof. (This is sarcasm if you can't tell.)
>>
>>514089
they did this for the steven universe Gen everytime it went on hiatus, I see no reason for this to change
>>514270
This too, they're complining cause all they do is waifu post and didnt see that this is exactly what they did to /sug/
>>
>>533202

Gravity Falls general too. In fact it happened/happens for pretty much every general on /co/. Ironically, nobody seems to pick up on this and every time another general gets put into hiatus they think they're being singled out.
>>
>>533230
Whatever you say.
>>
>>533202
>I see no reason for this to change

because it's fucking stupid?
>>
>>534327
Its not stupid, you can still have treads, just not generals, becuase the generals do breed cancer with no new topics
>>
>>534939
Anon says after RWBY Chibi and Shanegate.
>>
>>535847
Chibi is fucking dumb is doesnt add anything to discuss in a general., so no. They have a thread on /trash/ if they want to talk about that shit anyway
>>
>>534327
generals are fucking stupid
>>
>>536077
Better to keep it contained though.
>>
File: RWBY is co.png (3 KB, 399x65) Image search: [Google]
RWBY is co.png
3 KB, 399x65
>>532196
>>533196

Found it!
>>
File: RWBY is a.png (3 KB, 399x65) Image search: [Google]
RWBY is a.png
3 KB, 399x65
>>537898
Nice edit, bro.
>>
File: RWBY is co material.png (8 KB, 1014x80) Image search: [Google]
RWBY is co material.png
8 KB, 1014x80
>>537944
Nice try.
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/52243969/#52260778
>>
>>537951
>you are the owner of the desustorage archives and faked this just so you could say you are right
*shakes head sadly*
>>
>>537955
Jesus Christ. No.
>>
>>517081
>Do you have any fucking clue how cancer actually works?
I do, in fact this is exactly the purpose of chemotherapy. I suggest you look up how cancer cells function and while you're at it, fuck off and don't come back to till you understand why general threads are antithetical to 4chan.
>>
File: 1373048708292.jpg (78 KB, 378x512) Image search: [Google]
1373048708292.jpg
78 KB, 378x512
>>537968
I love playing the long game.
>>
>>514458
/v/ became a shithole the day /vg/ was made.

it was the worst decision ever.
>>
>>538328
The only thing that changed for /v/ was threads that weren't lol general, dota general, starcraft general, jrpg general, wrpg general, minecraft general, pc general, Nintendo general, Sony general, game that just released general, emulation general, and of course, katawa shoujo general.

/v/ went from one kind of shit to another. The difference was that for a month, you could make s thread about a lesser known game and not 404 in minutes
>>
>>538415
The moral of the story is that /v/ is terrible.
>>
>>529549
Yeah instead 'muh forum culture' is a legit argument. It's not double standard if it's something you like, isn't it? There's obviously nothing wrong with forcing the format of a different type of site as long as it's for something you personally like after all, only YOUR views matter. Everyone else should bend to your rules!
>>
>>540076
Exactly!
>>
>>540764
That was sarcasm.
>>
>>541708
I am aware.
>>
The general was used for shitposting and circlejerking. It was homestuck-tier cancer and made it impossible for anyone to actually discuss the show when seasons actually came around. RT was never anything but an excuse to keep the circlejerk alive between seasons and you retards didn't even hide it. Even worse, you picked fights on /a/ and /v/, making it a problem not just contained to /co/.

Did you actually think that you could do what you want based on technicality, and the mods wouldn't get tired of your shit? Eat shit.
>>
>>542819
Whatever you say, Anon.
>>
>>544007
Just ignore them.
>>
>>542819
Alright, fair enough. But with that being the case, why didn't the mods just say that directly instead of reposting an edited version of one of their other posts? It makes it look like they don't give a fuck about the site at all even though it would be so easy for them to say "We know what you're doing and we're not allowing it. Fuck off." Are they maybe just scared of being too committal?
>>
>>514052
>Truly the /co/ moderation team are the worst on this site
thats not /tv/, the mods who actively allow blacked and cuckold spam for days on end, but instantly delete threads about an actress because someone posted an image of her feet and an anti foot fag mog got triggered so hard he banned all threads related to the actress for all time, this repeated for enough times, that now you can't talk about almost anything, baneposting stays up for hours.
>>
How about you faggots watch real Anime?
>>
>>544960
Because anime is terrible.
>>
>>545781
>he says unironically watching fake anime with gradeschool tier writing
>>
>>546081
Still better than SAO.
>>
>>547075
True.
>>
>>547075
You mean the show the people writing RWBY enjoy?
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.