[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is /film/ dead then? Is Hiro not gonna go threw with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: film.png (705 KB, 1631x662) Image search: [Google]
film.png
705 KB, 1631x662
So is /film/ dead then? Is Hiro not gonna go threw with it?
>>
>>513347
I hope not. It wasn't a bad idea. He shouldn't have been scared off by the initial shitposting that happens with any new board or by the sperglords and samefags who form complaining brigades.
>>
Yeah it is ded.
>>
Doesn't seem like it is gonna happen now. If it was they would have said something or done something by now. They probably were gonna release it with /qst/ but with all the shitpost, it doesn't seem likely
>>
I've seen the birth of many boards (not just the ones Hiro made) and had never seen something get completely overrun like /film/ did.

The other thing is /film/ wouldn't actually solve the perceived problems of /tv/. People want a place free of capeshit/star wars? You got it, but then you realize that that's all the board is now and because you can't actually replace that vacuum with decent film talk anymore, you're stuck as the GoT/Walking Dead board. Meanwhile the people who want the decent film talk are pushed even closer to the people who shitted up /tv/ on /film/.

If the problem is one of quality standards rather than black-and-white media definitions, it's not an easy thing to fix because there will be backlash for it. For example banning Undertale from /v/, Naruto from /a/, or Steven Universe from /co/ would be appreciated by many people there, but apparently mods just don't want to deal with the fallout from people whining about being arbitrarily singled out. I remember /q/ was full of faggots complaining about the Naruto ban for example.

So to use the "this is just too much of low-quality garbage" rationale to remove capeshit/"kino" spam etc from /tv/ but not have it on film would be that kind of backlash x1000 because it's pretty much all the board is now, and those people already naturally excel at making mods' life hell by default. Imagine how much more they'd spam if they got pissed if they realized they were being contained out of /tv/. /film/ was going to have more problems than a math final.
>>
Hj
>>
>>513347
/film/-tan is just an aborted fetus with a Bane mask.
>>
>>513528
For you
>>
>>513347
No it still exists. But it's hidden from the rubes and only a few select patricians have access.

You have to make a post of worth to be granted the key to /film/
>>
>>513347
That TFA shitposting is on point, fuck that movie .

But "Film and Movies" looks like /tv/ took advantage of Hiro's lack of English skills.

If TV and movies were separated, /film/ would still be inundated by superhero movies and Star Wars which some people don't want to see, and it wouldn't fix anything for the movie side. Also what about television movies or miniseries?
>>
True
>>
>>513347
How long did this last? Was it literally one night?
>>
>>513849
Two hours. I really think it was opened on accident because it had no sticky or anything, and mods didn't notice for a while because honestly the mods on this site aren't THAT active. We'll see if it becomes a real board soon.
>>
>>513752
tv movies go on film
miniseries go on tv
>>
>>513849
>>513853
It was probably by accident. The board had fully existed since they added it to boards.json, but you couldn't post in it because file uploads were fucked ("Error: Upload failed" if you tried to start a thread), when that was fixed someone probably used a script to post the first thread which "started" the board.

Also https://sys.4chan.org/film/imgboard.php is still there so it might not be completely scrapped.
>>
>>513347
It's never going to work because film is a bad medium with no real worth.
>>
How did people even notice that the board was up?
Is it correct to blame all those extensionfags, 4chanX and whatever they're called. Fuck those shitposting autists.
>>
>>513971
i ws dicking on around [s4s] and somebody tried to make a link to >>>/film/1 in a thread, i asked about it and they said the board was open. i got in there before the 30th post
>>
Did anyone archive /film/?
>>
>>513971
people were constantly linking to >>>/film/ since we already knew that it was coming
>>
>>515498
>we already knew that it was coming
How did you know that? People mentioned it on this board, but how did they find out?
>>
>>515490
https://archive.4plebs.org/film/
>>
>>515517
the site URL didn't 404, it was a white page which meant it existed even if it wasn't set up yet

people were constantly linking to film anyways in their demands and one day they saw the hyperlink worked too even though the board wasn't live yet
>>
>>515520
Thanks.
>>
>>513347
I hope they open it back up.
This site really need a central place for all the blacked threads on /tv/, /sp/, and /int/. This might leave /tv/ entirely bare for a while, but I'm sure they will find something to fill in the gap.
>>
>>513925
This. i hope there is still a chance.
>>
>>513347
/tv/ is sadly still alive and kicking
>>
>>513961
Film is a great medium that attracts loads of spastics.
>>
So, realistically, what should /film/ be about?
>>
File: 1433946979837.png (175 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
1433946979837.png
175 KB, 600x614
/tv/ - Television & Film
/cape/ - Capeshit
/cel/ - Celebrities & E-celebs
/kino/ - Cinema

/cel/ as a containment board for celebrity worship/discussion of all kinds, from /tv/ and /mu/ stuff to /v/ and /pol/. /cape/ as a containment board for all capeshit related movies and television series, which would be banned from /co/ and /tv/. /kino/ for hipster memery. /tv/ for whatever the hell it is right now minus celebrities and capeshit. /kino/ might not even be necessary if /tv/ gets rid of all the capeshit, though.
>>
File: 1461889793097.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461889793097.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>517443
>fast forward to 2020
>4chan is now 200 boards
>90% are dead
>>
>>517443
that many boards is unneccesary
/tv/ - Television
/film/ - Film,Kino,Flicks,Movies and other random terminology you want to pretend means anything special
/cel/
>>
>>517445
/kino/ aside, the other three boards I suggested would all individually be faster than the slowest ten boards on this site combined. 4chan has always added new boards for more niche subjects.
>>517464
/cape/ is far more necessary than /film/ is.
>>
>>517474
he could just flat out make /dc/ and /marvel/ then everyone would be happy
>>
>>517478
/cape/ shouldn't literally just be "capeshit", as in superhero comic movies and television series. It should be all comics-derived franchises, so it would include stuff like The Walking Dead as well. And if possible, I'd like to tweak the rules of that board somehow so garbage like Doctor Who and Game of Thrones were kicked off to /cape/ as well. But I'm not really sure how I would word such a rule, and making a rule stating all science fiction/fantasy "nerdy normalfag" franchises should go to /cape/ would mean kicking off stuff like Star Wars and Star Trek as well, and that just feels wrong.
>>
>>517474
>>517484
why don't capeshitters post in /co/?
>>
>>517445
That wouldn't happen to 4chan you ignoramus.
>>
File: 1461939368981.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1461939368981.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>>517499
yeah and 2 years ago no one would have thought this memer would be in charge
>>
https://archive.4plebs.org/film/
>>
>>517504
This guy looks like a fucking gang member in every picture that gets posted of him.
>>
:(
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.