[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel that gookmoot is adding too many boards? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1455594681549.gif (209 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
1455594681549.gif
209 KB, 450x350
Anyone else feel that gookmoot is adding too many boards?
I remember in one of those many hour long qa's that moot posted to YouTube he said something about never adding boards because then it becomes reddit tier with a page for literally every topic and then userbase gets split and split
Pic unrelate
>>
>>511789
I think that people are just complaining because they're used to moot, who sat around doing nothing for the last two years of his life. He added no boards for years despite more than enough requests to justify them (though he never said what you claim he did. He was just a lazy fuck who didn't care about the site and hadn't cared for years), so to these people, Hiro looks like he's adding a lot. When really he's adding a pretty normal amount of boards for a website like this.
>>
>>511789
Did you ever stop to think that maybe some boards are too crowded?
>>
i really don't understand why people get upset about more boards being made. do you think your shitposts will not be seen by enough people or you'll have to work harder to meet your daily trolling quota?
>>
>>511789
>because then it becomes reddit tier with a page for literally every topic and then userbase gets split and split
I get what you're saying, but we're a long way away from that point, because only Hiro can create new boards.
The reason Reddit has so many branches is because literally anyone can create one.
>>
>>511789
I'm not opposed to adding new boards outright. If 4chan continues to grow we have every reason to add new boards to accommodate the population.

I also think it's better to split boards that have topics when those boards become to cluttered by conflicting things that pertain to that topic (which is what happened to /tg/. A board that was half discussing board, card, and p&p games and the other half doing quests. It was a weird mix.)

My issue is simply that we're calling these "trial boards", right? Meaning that if they don't work out, they're removed after some time. But I don't think hiro has a specific amount of time for the trial to go on in mind, so I don't think there'll ever be a point where the boards will be deleted if they're no longer fit for purpose.
>>
>>511796
I guarantee he did say exactly that
Be my guest and watch the whole 4hr qa on YouTube it is there
>>
>>511789
>qa's that moot posted to YouTube he said something about never adding boards because then it becomes reddit tie
Said my a man who created an origami board, a board for retro video games and a pokemon board.
>>
>>511789
Nope, just you and your phone on airplane mode.
>>
>>511806
>trial boards
That's nothing new.
All of these are "trial boards":
[ 3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x ]
>>
>>511789
Yes.

Of course he's adding too many boards.

He's adding boards based on the incessant whining of retards who bug the mods about it.

Literal trash and stupidity. We don't need a /film/ board.
>>
>>511806
>(which is what happened to /tg/. A board that was half discussing board, card, and p&p games and the other half doing quests. It was a weird mix.)

Quests were 8% of the board. Barely enough to sustain a board on its own.
>>
>>513083
>Entire board has been erupting with complaints about unneeded boards
>It's just you :^)

Fuck off. You're dumber than the people who were claiming that quests were LITERALLY KILLING /tg/ THERE WERE JUST SO MANY OF THEM
>>
>>513107
The only reason you're angry is because it's true.
>>
>>513113
>umad?
Or because it's one of the dumbest claims ever made about 4chan.

The samefag claim and the part about /tg/.
>>
>>511789
Basically mot was trying to tell us to stop being faggots, but we didn't listen. This os the future you chose.
>>
>>513119
It's already happened despite your futile protests. Rage harder. Grasp at more straws. It gets easier to accept as time goes on.
>>
File: 1458320808192.png (457 KB, 481x633) Image search: [Google]
1458320808192.png
457 KB, 481x633
I'm fine with it. I feel like I'll actually use /quest/ because I'm a drawfag and shit.

I'd really like an /l/ and /g/ though. (the other /g/)
>>
moot was a spineless retard who drove this site to shit.

Who fucking cares about what he thinks?
>>
>>513127
If it weren't for him none of this would even be here. You're quite an ungrateful child aren't you
>>
>>513124
>it's already happened

Actually, the board has been removed from the listing on a large swath of the most popular boards.

Looks like the backdown for moderation has already started.
>>
>>513135
No, if it weren't for GOD, none of this would even be here. moot is only one of His many instruments.
>>
File: 1414628023263.jpg (13 KB, 339x281) Image search: [Google]
1414628023263.jpg
13 KB, 339x281
>>513138
What board would you like to see made next?
>>
>>513135
I don't care.

I'm not going to be grateful for him creating 4chan when he spent the majority of the rest of his time ruining it and telling people to ignore things they don't like while deleting entire boards because they made him upset.
>>
>>513061
>watch a 4 hour Q&A just to prove you wrong

Nah brah. I know he didn't say it.
>>
>>513148
If we're talking long-term boards, none.

If we're talking short-term fuck-around boards. I'd like a magical girl board.
>>
>>513149
I still remember Moot throwing a bitchfit on /r9k/ just because he couldn't handle the banter. He linked it across the whole site and everything and then deleted it to cover up his butthurt.
>>
>>513149
But how else would you make angry shitposts about completely trivial issues in order to fill the empty void that is your life?
>>
>>513160
>but you're an autist!
Nice one
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.