[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/film/ appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
I love /film/
>>
>Delete /film/
>Make QUESTS

FUCK

YOU

Give me /film/ back
>>
>>511000
I didn't know what you meant till right now.
WHAT THE FUCK REEEEE
>>
BRING BACK /film/
>>
Why the fuck did they nuke /film/?
>>
>>511000
>>511017
>>511028
>>511208
Maybe you can go on a quest to go fuck yourselves instead.
>>
>>511212
come up with that one all by yourself?
>>
/film/ will be back. Hiro will never accept this humiliating defeat!
This was just Batman vs Bane, the first fight. Batman (/film/) just wasn't ready yet. He'll return when he's ready to fight.
>>
>>511263
I hope it'll be back but I'm afraid the backlash is what killed it for good.
>>
/kino/ when?
>>
>>511253
No, my wife's DM told it to me
>>
what did you guys like most about /film/ when it was up?
>>
File: 1458963805677.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458963805677.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>>511297
Kino?
>>
>>511466
Don't ask.
>>
>>511462
I was starting to have a good Sean Connery movie thread
>>
What do you think the conversation was like? Broken English and all?

Hiro was like "why is this happening!? they said they wanted this?!"
And someone is trying to explain to him what a toilet this place is, in the nicest way imaginable. I wonder if he had a little buyer's remorse in that instant, in those 12 hours /film/ existed.
>>
File: 1458967975968.jpg (565 KB, 1161x1665) Image search: [Google]
1458967975968.jpg
565 KB, 1161x1665
>>511467
Why?
>>
>>511208
Did you see it? It looked 10x worse than /tv/. If you dream of a patrician board free of capeshit and forced meme spam, what we saw was the polar opposite of that.

There would need to be a specific ban on capeshit/star wars to make it any different from /tv/'s usual shittery, and that wasn't what it was.
>>
>>511477
I think he's talking about the "kino --> cinema --> film --> movie --> flick" meme
>>
>>511483
Does /tv/ even know about Kino no Tabi?
>>
>>511482
it was anti-/film/ spam from butthurt /tv/ shitposters. That was inevitable. The board needed more time to develop.
>>
>>511496
Yeah. They would've gotten it out of their system in like a week and then we could e seen how /film/ did.
>>
>>511497
A month for a board trial would have been enough. Only 2 hours is outrageous.
>>
>>511470
wait was your thread deleted before the board was shut down for "maintenance"?
>>
>>510965
hirocuuk where /film?
>>
>>511505
I honestly don't know, I fell asleep and woke up and it was pruned and the board was gone.

According to this >>510726 the board was only live for about 2 hours, but lingered frozen for several after that.
>>
>>511508
Do you think they'll bring /film/ back?
>>
File: :tv:.png (697 KB, 1265x675) Image search: [Google]
:tv:.png
697 KB, 1265x675
>>511509
I really really hope so.
>>
>>511496
/tv/'s shittiest parts are film-based. Those people would just be there on /film/ instead. Various moviefags haven't shitted up /tv/ all these years because their subject is lumped in with television, they do that just to be shitty faggots and meme kids. /film/ looked like a distilled version of those same habits and doubtless would have stayed that way.
>>
>>511509
Someone pointed out here >>510821 that the back end parts of the board are still there. Personally I wouldn't mind a /film/ board but I'm also one of the people who thinks Hiro should make a lot of new boards, which seems to be an unpopular minority opinion.
>>
>>511520
I personally don't think the rules of /tv/ should change. Let them do what they want there. I know /film/ wouldn't be perfect in anyway but it would be a lot better than what we have now.
>>
>>511521
Nah, it's actually only a vocal minority complaining about the new boards. Most of us are pretty happy about them. What those whiners forget is that this site's traffic is HUGE. So huge that it would take literally hundreds of boards for the community to be splintered significantly.
>>
>>511482
You're acting like this has never happened when a new board gets made
/his/ went from full /pol/ HOLOHOAX NIGGER HITLER shitposting to a board that is now pretty on topic without much moderation
>>
>>512957
Yeah I don't get how anyone can think the birth of a board is in any way representative of how it would look in a few months, unless they're desperately grasping for reasons why it shouldn't exist or they're just new to 4chan.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.