[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Move rugby "discussion" to /asp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: so_focused.jpg (389 KB, 1000x683) Image search: [Google]
so_focused.jpg
389 KB, 1000x683
Moving /wwe/ and all wrestling threads to /asp/ was a good move, due to it not being a sport and that a bunch of shit posters went away with it.

When will Hiro and the mods take the next logical step and ban rugby from /sp/ and confine them to /asp/?

It's clearly not a mainstream sport, as even in "rugby countries" like England and Australia it's not popular at all.

Since rugby is an alternative sport, it very obviously belongs on the alternative sport board.

Another plus would be that the "community" known as /rug/ - which is filled 100% with underaged shit posting redditors - would no longer be able to shit up /sp/.

What say you, mods? Will you step up and move the alternative sport of rugby to the alternative sports board?
>>
Since hiro is just making boards every 3 seconds because a single person wants it just ask for a /rgby/ board. All you'll have to do is spam threads for a week or so and he'll make you one.
>>
>>509494
I will recreate this thread whenever it 404s until we get a rugby board, or rugby is moved to /asp/.
>>
>>509500
Worked for film so it should only take you a week or two. God speed anon.
>>
>P-P-P-PLEASE NOTICE ME MR BIG STRONG AUSGODS
>IF YOU NOTICE ME I WONT TAKE AWAY YOUR RUGBY XDXD
>>
>>509522
This is exactly the kind of childish shit posting that rugby brings to /sp/.

Banishment to /asp/ can't come soon enough.
>>
Agreed 100% with the OP.

As an American, I can tolerate shit like soccer on the sports board, but I'm getting so sick of seeing non sports like darts, snooker and rugby shitting up /sp/.

Rugby absolutely has to go to /asp/.

/sp/ is for real sports. Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and occasionally Olympics.

Rugby can just fuck off, and take the homo posters with you.
>>
>>509537
>>509537
>>509537
>>
STICKY THIS THREAD!!!
>>
/poog/ on pooicide watch
>>
>9 replies
>1 poster

kek, nice poomunity you've got here
>>
If this thread is indicative of the quality of rugby discussion on /sp/, then I wholeheartedly support rugby being moved to /asp/.
>>
File: 1322917897650.jpg (57 KB, 514x564) Image search: [Google]
1322917897650.jpg
57 KB, 514x564
>>509537
>sissy rugby that only murrifats play
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""real"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""sport""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>509537
Wait how is rugby not a sport exactly? It's literally a sport in all elements
>>
>>509489
>Moving /wwe/ and all wrestling threads to /asp/ was a good move, due to it not being a sport and that a bunch of shit posters went away with it.

So why didnt you leave, and why are you spamming this in /sp/ threads that have nothing to do with it?
>>
>>509610
It's an alternative sport, like lacrosse, golf, surfing etc.

/sp/ is for real, mainstream sports.

Niche shit like skiing, field hockey and rugby goes on /asp/.

It's pretty simple.
>>
>>509623
What about rugby league? That is actually popular in Australia and generally only has threads during the season
>>
>>509630
Doesn't matter if rugby is in a league competition, cup competition, or a world cup.

It's all rugby and all niche. Doesn't matter if the Australian rugby league is popular in that country, the fact is its small worldwide.
>>
walkbro here, completely agree
>>
>>509638
Wat

Union and league are two different games
>>
>Rugby: 101 full members, 18 associate members
>Handegg: 72 full members

Handegg = Literally less relevant that rugby

MOVE HANDEGG TO /ASP/
>>
>>509654
Yeah, and I said it doesn't matter who's running the comp and what format it is (league, cup, or "union" whatever that is).

The fact is rugby is a niche sport and belongs on /asp/.
>>
>>509662
It's clear you've done zero research on any of this, you have literally no idea what you're even saying at this point.
>>
>>509674
Do you even know how to fucking read you dumb kangaroo fucker?

This thread is saying rugby should be moved to /asp/ because it's an alternative sport.

You have not countered this in any way.
>>
>>509639
WalkGod has spoken
>>
>>509677
Reminder:
Handegg is played in ONE country at a professional level.
Rugby is played in MORE THAN ONE country at a professional level.

Handegg belongs in /asp/ according to your logic.
>>
>>509677
And I'm asking you about an entirely different game you fucking retard. The /rug/ threads are about Rugby union and I'm talking about Rugby league, a far more popular sport.

The fact you don't know the difference makes your completely unqualified to make any decisions for the board at all.
>>
Wow this seems like the most retarded argument ever
>>
>>509683
That one country is the single biggest, wealthiest, most important and most powerful country in the world.

Our leagues are watched all over the world. This coupled with the fact 4chan is an American website, is enough to warrant /sp/ being a dedicated American sport board.

I don't care if some goat herders in Fiji and Wales (where?) get paid a pittance to play rugby.

The fact is rugby is NOT a popular sport, is NOT played in any relevant countries, and SHOULD be banished to /asp/ along with all the other niche alternative sports.
>>
>>509685
AND I'M TELLING YOU YOU ARE NOT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE OF THE THREAD.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES A SPECIFIC LEAGUE OF RUGBY BEING POPULAR IN ONE IRRELEVANT COUNTRY HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

RUGBY AS A WHOLE IS NOT POPULAR OR RELEVANT WORLD WIDE AND BELONGS ON /ASP/.

DUMB SHIT.
>>
>>509694
>This coupled with the fact 4chan is an American website, is enough to warrant /sp/ being a dedicated American sport board.

Are you suggesting that /sp/ be American sports only, then? So just NFL is allowed, since Basketball was invented by a Canadian and Baseball was invented by the British?
>>
>>509699
Fuck you're deluded. It's obviously popular. Considering both games have a thread at all makes them popular enough that someone is talking about it.

Whether you like it or not, union and league are both sports and won't be moved from /sp/. Stay mad though.
>>
>>509703
I always knew the Australian "education" system was third rate.

Thanks for confirming it further.

Enjoy your last few days on /sp/, kangaroo fucker. You and your shit "sport" are off to /asp/ soon.
>>
>>509489
By all definitions rugby is a sport. In several countries it is the most popular sport. I see no reason to why it would be moved
>>
>yfw handegg evolved from union

should just ban all sport from /sp/ then
>>
>>509708
It's popular in small, irrelevant countries. There is hardly any money in the sport, and no huge television broadcast deals. Every game is played in an empty stadium.

/asp/ is where you belong.
>>
>>509694
>biggest
3rd in size
>wealthiest
9th in GDP/PC
>most important
1st but falling ever since the fall of the Soviets
>most powerful
1st but still can't stop terrorists

>Our leagues are watched all over the world.
Superbowl 49 was only watched by 114.4 million people. Research shows that only 2% of the viewers aren't North American. The World Cup final in 2010 was watched by 600 million viewers.

>This coupled with the fact 4chan is an American website, is enough to warrant /sp/ being a dedicated American sport board.
Actually, since 4chan was originally created for Japanese content and is currently under ownership by a Japanese person, and adding that /sp/ is well known to be home to anime, the board should be paying its respects to their animu overlords

>I don't care if some goat herders in Fiji and Wales (where?) get paid a pittance to play rugby.
Last time I checked, the US had the highest gun violence. If that doesn't put the USA into the third world status, then I don't know what will.

>The fact is rugby is NOT a popular sport, is NOT played in any relevant countries, and SHOULD be banished to /asp/ along with all the other niche alternative sports.
If you can't stop the damn terrorists, how can you call yourself relevant? Coming from the same country that banned Kinder Eggs and still uses the imperial shitstem.
>>
>>509709
>american talking about education

That's rich. You're the one making the retarded claims here guy.
>>
Either make divegrass a board or turn /asp/ into American sports and put Handegg, apehoop furpuck, NASCAR and boreball in with WWE.
>>
>>509717
>claims rugby is popular
>thinks he isn't making retarded claims
KEK
>>
File: 1291323528708.jpg (40 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1291323528708.jpg
40 KB, 300x250
>>509716
Shit son, don't you know its illegal to own niggas this much
>>
>>509694
>Our leagues are watched all over the world.
Really? I've never met anyone that watches american sports. Sometimes they're on TV, but no one actively watches them
>>
>>509720
It is popular. What's your point?
>>
>silly americans getting BTFO all over this thread

Kek
>>
>>509489
>American is upset and is complaining to the Japanese owner about a sport his country is hosting the next world cup of

No /rug/ will stay on /sp/
>>
>>509725
My point is rugby is not popular, no matter how desperately you want it to be.
>>
Americans are jealous about being shit at sports, so they invent their own so that they can call themselves number one.

Don't you think that somewhere during that time, somebody should have told them that shooting up schools isn't a sport? Sure, you're number one at it and you defend the use of guns to keep that record intact, but come on...
>>
>>509732
It is popular though. You deluding yourself by claiming other countries are irrelevant and ignoring facts doesn't change that.
>>
>>509732
It's popularity is even growing in America
>>
>>509716

Jesus christ dude, Americunt on suicide watch.
>>
It's an interesting experience to watch someone from your home board who you know is a shitposter successfully bait an entire a board of posters.
>>
>>509738
>>509737
It isn't popular though.

It's popular in small irrelevant countries like new Zealand, but there are literally NO countries in the G20 where it is popular.

You can be as deluded as you want, the facts won't change.

Rugby is absolutely 100% a niche sport worldwide, is on the same level as darts and snooker, and belongs on /asp/.

End of discussion.
>>
>>509739
He's been burned so hard that he isn't responding. Nigga got roasted harder than Joan of Arc
>>
>>509743
>>>/nrl/
>>
I don't know if the posts here are serious, but I would actually like the mods to consider this.

The /rug/ threads are filled with posters only from New Zealand. While the game has international appeal it seems that only kiwis will talk about it.

There is also the problem that about 80% of these threads are just the pseudotrips arguing amongst themselves and posting stale memes from other communities.

It is a drain on the board, and I have seen many foreigners making fun of /rug/ in their own generals. It seems to be the butt of a joke on /sp/, so I hope the mods will consider a move to /asp/. It will probably be the best for both /sp/ and /rug/ itself/
>>
>>509743
>end of discussion

You do know this ends with rugby threads staying on /sp/, right? You don't want to keep arguing to distract yourself from that fact?
>>
>>509743
>G20

>Argentina - popular
>Australia - popular
>Brazil
>Canada
>China
>France - popular
>Germany
>India
>Indonesia
>Italy - popular
>Japan - popular
>South Korea
>Mexico
>Russia
>Saudi Arabia
>South Africa - popular
>Turkey
>UK - popular
>USA
>European Union - popular in a lot of the member countries

>American "research"
>>
>>509750
>>>/asp/
>>
>>509743
Ummmmmmmmm
It's popular in 6 or 7 of the countries in the G20
>>
>>509756
Are you trying to educate an American??? If they can't do it there, WHAT HOPE DO YOU HAVE?
>>
>>509756
Didn't realise Samoa, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Tonga are in the G20.

Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10062301
Thread poll

>>509760
Kek at this damage control, fatgot probably can't count how many countries are in the G20
>>
>>509760
>>509759
It's clearly outlined here friend unless you don't know how to read >>509753
>>
>>509761
>probably can't count how many countries are in the G20

BTFO I bet he cant
>>
>>509762
Not popular in Argentina.

Not popular in Australia.

Not popular in France.

Not popular in Italy, Japan, UK or the EU.

Don't know why you feel the need to make shit up. Does it hurt you physically hearing the truth that rugby is a small sport played by small countries?

Are you really that insecure?
>>
>>509753

>Argentina
>Australia
>France
>Italy
>Japan

Lmao. It's only popular among the upper class in South Africa and UK. For the commoners, and all of the aforementioned countries, it is irrelevant.
>>
>>509765
>Let me tell you what your country likes and doesn't like
lol
>>
>>509765
>not popular in the top 10 countries in the sport

>important game viewership is among the top 10 sports

You: It's still not popular here in merica so it doesn't matter and I want to get my way
>>
>>509772
Kek, not hard to make the top 10 in an irrelevant sport, given there is no competition due to being so unpopular.
>>
Rugby IS irrelevant in world sport.

Look no further than the World Cup.

Australia, a country that doesn't even care, and barely knows about rugby union, made the final and were easily the second best team.

That is how irrelevant rugby is. Only one country (New Zealand, which irrelevant in itself), actually plays this.
>>
>>509489
if Rugby is moved to /asp/ it'll be nearly non existent and over shadowed by /wwe/ like everything else on /asp/
>>
Handegg IS irrelevant in world sport.

Look no further than the IFAF World Championship

Japan, a country that doesn't even care, and barely knows about handegg, made the final and were easily the second best team.

That is how irrelevant handegg is. Only one country (USA, which irrelevant in itself), actually plays this.
>>
>>509776
What? We literally have a national rugby league and that's the second most popular sport in Australia. We DO care about rugby here.
>>
>>509781
#REKT
>>
>>509782
Don't even bother, he doesn't even know the difference between union and league nevermind any of the shit he's saying.
>>
And get this, ladies and gentlemen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_World_Championship

Japan, a country that LITERALLY doesn't care about handegg, had MORE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINS THAT THE UNITED STATES UP UNTIL 2011

KEK

K E K
>>
>>509782

This is an outright lie.

Do some research you ignorant cunt.

AFL, NRL, cricket, netball, association football, surfing, lawn bowls, T20, and horse racing, all have larger crowds or ratings than rugby.

And some of these sports are /asp/ tier. If rugby were subject to these same standards, it would be in /asp/ as well because only New Zealand cares about it. It's like real wrestling being in /sp/ because it's Mongolia's national sport, or table tennis. Do YOU see the problem? Because I do.
>>
File: 1385777144980.jpg (31 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1385777144980.jpg
31 KB, 250x251
>>509793
HOLY FUCK
AMERIFUCKS ON IRRELEVANCY WATCH
>>
>>509795
Are you fucking retarded?

You literally listed the national rugby league right there in your very post right after AFL.

Yes, half the country gives no fucks, but rugby is HUGE in the other half of the country.
>>
>>509795
Reminder that NZ is unironically the world best league team even though one little city is the only place that plays it
Reminder that 1 city in New Zealand is better than Australia and their massive pool of players for league
Reminder this is the same furious defence Aussies use to damage control for losing to NZ in rugby
>>
>>509703
You forgot that gridiron was adapted from rugby, so they'll need to go to /asp/ too. So, on the new USA /sp/ we'll have competitive eating and soccer. /nfl/ /nba/ /hoc/ and /rug/ go to /asp/
All in favour say aye.
>>
>>509805
Aye on all except /rug/. Vote to put /schoolshootings/ and /competitiveretardation/ on /sp/ too.
>>
ITT: Booty blasted Auscucks mad as fuck because they found out nobody outside of their desert prison gives a fuck about rugby.
>>
>>509801

I'm talking about union you idiot. It doesn't belong in /sp/ because the activity and quality of its threads are dwarfed by the rugby league threads, despite union supposedly being bigger.

Rugby (Union) is NOT "huge" in half the country, it is fractionally popular in various places across Australia. It is only popular in New Zealand, which is an irrelevant country, so therefore union is irrelevant like table tennis and wrestling.
>>
>>509775
You and a couple of mates could make a team and win then right? If it's no big deal why don't you win a world cup?
>>
>>509716
B T F O
T
F
O

/rug/ stays.
>>
Did anybody just hear a 3rd world country say "cuck" around here?
>>
>>509809
What does it matter if it's a league competition or not?

Rugby is rugby.
>>
So funny to see irrelevant countries like Europe trying so hard to shill their irrelevant sport.

Go cry to the mods when /rug/ is exiled to /asp/ where it belongs
>>
>>509805

>on the new USA /sp/ we'll have competitive eating and soccer.

I'd legitimately watch a speed shopping league from America where they race around walmart on scooters to collect their trans fats and HFCS beverages.
>>
File: laughingsluts.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingsluts.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>509818
>countries like Europe
>>
>>509811
Because I have no time for pursuing irrelevant sports that no one cares about and you can't make any money in it.

I'm too busy preparing myself to be the first pick on the NFL Draft this year. You know, an actual relevant sport that actually brings in money, that people actually watch and care about, and actually requires strategy, skill and real athleticism. Unlike rugby.
>>
>>509816
Except league is very popular in a relevant country, as well as having some mild relevance in other countries.

Union on the other hand, has shares this mild relevance in other countries, but it is most popular in an irrelevant country in NZ.

Rugby league, is much like American Football or Basketball in this regard, whereas union is similar to Turkish Oil wrestling, which is obviously a very alternative sport/
>>
>>509823
You mad because you need your entire continent to even have a chance at competing with the GOATnited States of Amerigreat?
>>
>>509824
>I'm too busy preparing myself to be the first pick on the NFL Draft this year.
Hey guess what, OP is black and obese.
>>
>/nrl/ unironically coming to USA defence about rugby

Pathetic shout >please watch our sport
some more
>>
File: 1459589131316.jpg (5 KB, 231x208) Image search: [Google]
1459589131316.jpg
5 KB, 231x208
>>509818
>countries like Europe
Jesus fuck kys now before you breed.
>>
>>509826
Rugby is rugby, and all forms of rugby belong on /asp/.
>>
>>509818
>countries like Europe
HAHAHA
>>
>>509824

C-Carson?
>>
This thread now belongs to /sp/
>>
>>509824
>irrelevant sports
>nfl

Literally what sport? No one plays that sport except for one country
You literally can't get a more irrelevant sport
>>
THIS IS IMPORTANT
>>
sport sport sport? Sport sport, sport sport sport sport.
>>
>>509835

Read the post you dolt.

League is the Australasian equivalent of American Football. Popular in a relevant country with small relevance elsewhere.

Union is the Australasian equivalent of Turkish Oil wrestling. Popular in an irrelevant country with small relevance elsewhere.

Based on these facts, league should stay on /sp/ as a small community for Australians, and union should be moved to /asp/
>>
File: 1459589111510.jpg (52 KB, 516x625) Image search: [Google]
1459589111510.jpg
52 KB, 516x625
Who /rug/ here?
>>
Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:50:09 No.509834
1459589131316.jpg (5 KB, 231x208) google iqdb
5 KB

>>509818
>countries like Europe
Jesus fuck kys now before you breed.

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:50:21 No.509835>>509845

>>509826
Rugby is rugby, and all forms of rugby belong on /asp/.

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:50:47 No.509836

>>509818
>countries like Europe
HAHAHA

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:51:23 No.509837

>>509824

C-Carson?

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:52:10 No.509838

This thread now belongs to /sp/

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:52:35 No.509839

>>509824
>irrelevant sports
>nfl

Literally what sport? No one plays that sport except for one country
You literally can't get a more irrelevant sport

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:52:50 No.509841

THIS IS IMPORTANT

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:53:15 No.509843

sport sport sport? Sport sport, sport sport sport sport.

Anonymous 04/27/16(Wed)20:53:28 No.509845

>>509835

Read the post you dolt.

League is the Australasian equivalent of American Football. Popular in a relevant country with small relevance elsewhere.

Union is the Australasian equivalent of Turkish Oil wrestling. Popular in an irrelevant country with small relevance elsewhere.

Based on these facts, league should stay on /sp/ as a small community for Australians, and union should be moved to /asp/

Reply to Thread
[Index] [Catalog] [Top] Update
>>
>>509841
>>509843

Both /sp/ and /rug/ suffer from this problem currently, and would benefit from the change? Why don't we just get it over with?
>>
>>509845
See
>>509835
>>
>>509845
SPOOOOOOOOOOOORTS
>>
File: 1444013460383.jpg (35 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
1444013460383.jpg
35 KB, 396x594
>mfw this thread
>>
>>509852
MORE SPORTS PLOX
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_union

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league

Americans please learn the difference.

Also this >>509845
>>
HIRO PLEASE MAKE A DEDICATED NRL BOARD WITH FLAGS SENPAI
>>
So, from wading trough the retarded shit in this thread, the popular consensus seems to be /nrl/ and /nfl/ need to move to/asp/ and /rug/ runs /sp/?
>>
File: smug mackenzie.png (553 KB, 708x852) Image search: [Google]
smug mackenzie.png
553 KB, 708x852
>>509855
>>
>>509865
Mostly. You forgot "Americans are fucking retarded" and "/nrl/ isn't going anywhere because even Hiro isn't stupid enough to listen to one American"
>>
>>509865
No the sports our gracious overlord cares about will remain in /sp/
These are rugby and NFL
League can go to /asp/
>>
>>509863
>Nrl board
>with flags

Lel.
>>
>>509865
>>509868

>move the relevant sports
>keep the one only an irrelevant nation watches

This isn't how it works.
>>
File: dolan_bullshit.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
dolan_bullshit.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>509867
>even Hiro isn't stupid enough to listen to one American"
Sounds almost liek a challenge hiro will gladly take.
>>
>>509870
You didn't read my post friend
The sports Japan cares about out of those there
>the one they are hosting the world cup for
>the one they have won the world cup of
>>
>>509868
OK thanks, its difficult to understand because words like league seem to be made up. I can't see its relevance if most don't even know wtf it even means.
>>
Japs love rugby desu.
>>
>>509882
see
>>509859

do like five minutes of research the next time you decide to take a stance on something you don't understand
>>
>>509890
~Awoooooooooo~
>>
>>509489
This has been a problem for some time now.

The obvious solution is to immediately move all rugby discussion to /asp/.

Everybody wins.
>>
The US even has a rugby league team and competes in the world cup

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_national_rugby_league_team

I'm starting to think the American is just mad because they're no good at it kek
>>
Mods please, my sports are all I have and it's totally reasonable for me to make such a big deal out of something so intensely trivial as this
>>
>On December 1, 2004, the Tomahawks played their first ever international game against the Australian Kangaroos, the reigning Rugby League World Cup champions
>It was also played in 20 minute quarters rather than the normal 40 minute halves.

>It was also played in 20 minute quarters rather than the normal 40 minute halves.

>Americans
>>
>>509895
Agreed, it's a fairly simple solution.

/wwe/ cried about their move for a little bit, but now they love /asp/.

I think the same will happen with our /rug/ community. Some of us will resist for sure, but we will be much happier on /asp/ - where we belong.
>>
File: MESSIMESSIMESSI.gif (2 MB, 359x360) Image search: [Google]
MESSIMESSIMESSI.gif
2 MB, 359x360
MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI
>>
>>509892
>do research before shitposting in a shitposting thread with a bunch of fuckwit Ausfailians boguns and a retarded Ametican
Yeah nah.
>>
>>509903
The difference is /wwe/ knew they aren't a sport to start with so they didn't belong
Where rugby is a sport by definition. The popularity can be argued but 600mill viewers for the world cup final doesn't scream unpopular to me
>>
>>509901
>LEE FUGG LEE ZBORGZ XDDDXD

Pathetic.

These threads are filled with stupid shit but you're just as bad, buddy boy.
>>
ITT: Aussie shitposters fail yet again to amuse anybody but themselves.
>>
>>509914
You can narrow it down a bit more than that
/nrl/ has failed yet again to amuse anyone but themselves
>>
>>509894
Argentina BTFO lel
>>
>>509911
I don't think you've travelled much, have you?

I've been all over the world in my 32 years on this earth.

I was once naive like you and believed rugby was up there with soccer, basketball and cricket on the world stage.

My eyes were truly opened on my travels, and I accept that although we are popular in certain places, we absolutely are a niche sport.

Can we grow. Yes. But right now we're a very distant sport from the top.

I accept rugby's place in the world, and it's place on 4chan, which is on /asp/.
>>
What the hell even is rugby league

Is it different from rugby?
>>
>>509917
>32
>still shitposting on 4chan
What a fucking loser.
>>
>>509919
Its a dumbed down version of rugby for brown people and Australians.
>>
>>509917
>I've been all over the world in my 32 years on this earth.

Total bullshit since you called Europe a country
>>
>>509919

Its basically meant to be a faster and simplified version of the game.

No scrums or lineouts, less kicking, more focus on speed, ball skills and endurance at the cost of less specialised techniques.

The scoring is designed to promote attacking more than in rugby union, and the players tend to be leaner and fitter, but have less strength because it isn't needed as much.
>>
>>509921
My post wasn't a shit post, friend. In fact, it was very useful and relevant to the thread.

You would do well to be more like me.
>>
>>509930
>being on 4chan
>32
You're a fucking 32 year old man on 4chan. You're literally a fucking loser.
>>
FUCK OFF you dumb americans and australians.

You don't even watch rugby so why would you think we should be moved. You're just being ignorant.

Give rugby a try and youll find its much better than plebgue and fucking handegg
>>
>>509917
Nothing i said was an opinion firend
Fact
>rugby is a sport
Fact (not sure where he claims 600 mill came from)
>There was a large viewership of around 150 mill iirc
Fact
>Rugby is a sport and has a large following I think it was in the top 10 most popular sports world wide

Rugby is far from irrelevant
>>
>>509927
Excuse me but I believe you have mistaken me for someone else in the thread.

That was my first post here, and I admit I was naive enough to believe it could have been my last.

I only come to 4chan these days for /k/, /diy/ and /lit/, but I still love my rugby, and I strongly believe we would be better served on /asp/ rather than the cesspool that is /sp/.
>>
>>509928
That sounds pretty lame

Why does this even exist, isn't rugby small enough without needing to have a secondary version?
>>
>>509939
Holy fucking shit
OP is damage controlling beyond the plane of damage control
>>
>>509939
We like /sp/ it is comfy there

Please leave us alone since you know nothing about our sport
>>
>>509941
This version existed first.

The original Rugby League was an entity that existed before the original Rugby Union. They were both splitoffs from the original game which has its roots in soccer (at least according to the legend).
>>
Rugby is gay. Stop posting about it on /sp/.
>>
>>509941

>>509859
>>509859
>>
>>509939
>literally (and poorly) pretending to be a rugby fan
Christ OP you're pathetic
>>
>>510028
this desu, though leagies are a bunch of conscription dodgers
>>
>>510028
But you just said it was a simplified version. How can a simplified version exist before the regular version?

Anyway who cares which was first, it's obvious which one's more popular just band together and maybe then you'll be relevant as a sport.
>>
>>509939
Agreed 100%.

I'm also from /rug/ and I think we should be moved to /asp/.
>>
>>510032
Not him but I'm a rugby fan as well and I regularly post in /rug/ and think we should be moved.
>>
File: 1460273892062.png (165 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1460273892062.png
165 KB, 327x316
>>510037
>pretending to be TWO rugby fans
>IP count naturally doesn't go up
Why haven't you just killed yourself yet, OP?
Do you think the mods are fooled by this?
Do you think they can't see every post you make?
Do you LEGITIMATELY think they're going to think about moving rugby to /asp/ with the performance you're putting up?
Do you ACTUALLY THINK /QA/ IS /Q/?
>>
>>510035
In comparison. It was simplified for the working class, while union was aimed towards the elites.

There was a schism which caused this and there is tension between the two of us that has existed for a long time and it will always, so we can't just "band together"

Neither is largely relevant from a global perspective. League is like gridiron on a small scale, and Union is like soccer on a small scaled.
>>
>>510037
>>510039
>>509939
I actually created /rug/ back in 2012, and I definitely believe we would be better served by moving to /asp/.
>>
>>510045
Maybe he was already here like I was
>>
/epl/ here.

Getting really sick of seeing rubgy shitters on my /sp/.

Fuck off to /asp/ where you belong.
>>
>>510058
Fuck off and leave us alone. We keep to our board and don't cause trouble. There's only a few of us so what's the issue?
>>
>>510058
What's an /epl/?
>>
>>510060
>>510060

*our general
>>
>>510051
How do you watch a sport actively knowing that it is a dumbed down version of a more popular sport "for the working classes". Do you enjoy being told you're dumb? I don't understand why it exists at all, is it all just historical?
>>
/poog/ on pooicide watch
>>
>>510070
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league
>>
>>510060
Are you fucking kidding me?

You people are the biggest shit posters on /sp/ and I have to scroll past your shit every day.

And now your fucking namefags are leaving your containment threads and shitting up football, NBA and NFL threads. I've seen that 'devo lad' and 'retarded shit spouter' all over /sp/ infecting it with YOUR cancer.

I could tolerate your shit sport being on the wrong board when you kept to yourselves, but the past 6 months you've started acting like you actually matter and have ventured elsewhere on /sp/ literally BEGGING people to watch your "sport".

Fuck off to /asp/.
>>
U reaky heed t stdy gikt niter if vycj
>>
>>510070
I never said that I watched it. Also, association football was targeted at the same class in England as league. Most people like soccer despite it being a similarly designed sport in terms of demographic
>>
>>510074
That's not an explanation, I just don't understand why anyone would want to watch it. From what you said, it's a simple version with no complexity, like futsal or women's tennis
>>
>>510075
If your problem is with those shit posters your real problem is /cric/
"We" don't want them in /rug/ as much as you don't want them
>>
>>510075
Its just a few people that shit up our general as well. They are just pretending to like rugby to make us look bad. They don't even join in our discusion and just shitpost like you said.

Like three quarters of our game threads are them but there are still a dozen or so talking about the game
>>
>>510079
I'm not going to explain to you why someone would like something and other's don't.

That's just how things work. If you don't care about either enough to find out why then why are you asking?
>>
>>510079
Womens tennis is great though?
>>
>>510082
>>510083
The problem is YOUR general, and the problem is easily solved if you were moved to your correct board, /asp/.

Of course, this won't happen because Hiro is a fucking moron and good mods are even worse.

Keep your shit in check.
>>
>>510079

Some people prefer action over complexity. League has simpler areas of the game, but there is a little over 30 extra minutes of active game time where the ball is being used.

Some people prefer to see the ball being moved around more and a faster flowing game, and some prefer the arts of scrummaging and rucks. I'm part of the latter, but I understand the appeal of the first because it still exists in union
>>
>>510090

Maybe if we just banned all the shitposters then we could have our threads and be peaceful.

We would only have around 100 posts a week so it's not like it is disrupting anyone
>>
>>510093
Or you could go to the board that was literally created for niche sports like rugby.
>>
>>510090
The problem is that /cric/ loses their containment thread when there is no cricket on
>>
>>510102

Lol make us. Doesn't matter if you think we belong there. The shitposters that make up our general give us higher numbers so not only do we maintain presence, we also piss you off.

You deserve it really.
>>
>>510106
I don't "think" you belong on /asp/.

I KNOW you belong there.

I also know Hiro won't do the right thing and move you there, so enjoy being an emotionally stunted shitposting manchild forever I guess.

I hope you one day realise how much of a loser you are and you actually do kill yourself.
>>
>>510121
We won't be moved. We have as much right to be there than dozens of other threads
>>
Here's a thought:

Why can't people just ignore threads they don't like?

Its not like /rug/ are bronies who shitpost in other threads.

I'm an AFL man myself but even I can see this is just thinly veiled hatred against Australians
>>
>>510121

I bet it really angers you that we get to stay on /sp/ doesn't it.

I actually love that everyone hates us, that we are the new /wwe/, because it shows you are all jealous of us.

You think yoour sports are so much better but rugby is the most beautiful game
>>
File: mcGOAT.png (371 KB, 628x353) Image search: [Google]
mcGOAT.png
371 KB, 628x353
kek
>>
>>510133
/rug/ is NZers so it isnt hate for Australians.

I dont know why they hate NZ becuse we dont shitpost as much as you australians.

For the record if eanyone deserves to go to asp it is AFL because only Australia watches it
>>
>>510133
Spotted the false flagging /rug/itor.
>>
>>510139
Good catch bro

>>510133
Sorry I ruined it for you
>>
You cunts are fucking pathetic

>PLEASE MODS REMOVE X BECAUSE IT TRIGGERS MY AUTISM

>WE'RE BIG STRONG AMERICANS AND WE NEED THE MOD TO ONLY ALLOW AMERICAN SPORTS

You seppos are fucking retarded, Australians have a right to /sp/ as any other country
>>
File: 1458456737560.png (63 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1458456737560.png
63 KB, 300x188
>>510144
>Australians have a right to /sp/ as any other country
Fucking lel
>>
>>510058

/sp/ should be renamed /roundballfaggotswandive/
>>
>>510152

Eat shit cunt, you americans are that fucking pathetic you need the mods to enforce your moronic superiority complex.

Rugby more of a real sport than handegg, at least you see more than 20 minutes of playtime per match
>>
>>510161
This post shows that /rug/ posters are unironically new as fuck to 4chan.
>>
I don't follow rugby but OP is free to choke on a dick. Rugby is by no means an """""alternative""""" sport.
>>
>>>/sp/67107298
>>>/sp/67107298
>>>/sp/67107298
>>>/sp/67107298
>>>/sp/67107298

Okay you faggots tell me what is wrong with this thread.

Nothing. That's what I thought
>>
>>510167
Love how this fucking newfag doesn't know how to crosslink, deleted his post to try again, and STILL got it wrong.

Fucking kek.
>>
>>510177
Sorry I forgot is it that bad.

That's all you can do. You can't find something wrong with the /rug/ thread I linked so you have to make fun of me for forgetting something.

Fuck you
>>
>>510174
The fact that it's on /sp/ is the most obvious thing wrong with it that I can see.

Then there's all the non stop shitposting, off topic "memery" and namefaggery.
>>
>>510185
Then ban those guys and leave us in peace. Just because /rug/ is full of shitposters doesn't mean /rug/ is the problem
>>
>>510191
/rug/ is clearly the problem.
>>
>>510197
Whatever, not like Hiro or the mods will save you.

And if they do we will sue 4chan. Some of our posters went to law school and they will have their way with you cunts
>>
File: 54.jpg (102 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
102 KB, 600x450
I have a fetish for American tears and I can't stop cumming.
>>
>>509587
>reaction image from that american sport
>>
>206 posts
>30 posters
KEK, nice "AB/rug/ army" you've got here
t. Walkbro, currently on future PM of Australia and future leader of the UN watch
>>
>>510221
I have a fetish for cum and can't stop crying. Sounds like our interests align.
>>
>>510228
>amerigays
>>
WalkGOD on outlawing American football globally as the 45th President of the United States watch
>>
Mods, make ma a mod of /asp/ and I swear to god I'd fucking keep them smackdown threads in one fucking general, also Rugby is welcome
>>
>>510231
S-so is that a yes?
>>
>>510144
you are so fucking ass hurt right now kek

enjoy your faggy "sports" "discussion" while it lasts
>>
>>510248
>he's still under the "I've forced /rug/ onto /asp/" delusion
kek
KEK
K E K
>>
/poog/ on pooicide watch
>>
>>509716
FINNA SICK FUCKING BURN SMASH DAT LIKE BUTTON OHOHOHO HUNDRED HUNDRED
>>
>>509537
>/sp/ is for real sports
>/sp/ is for american sports
FTFY

Rugby is bigger than hockey you fucktard
>>
Rugby is a very niche sport and belongs on /asp/. Polite sage because not sports related.
>>
>>509724
this. i have literally yet to meet someone who isn't american who watches / follows american football.
>>
>>509489
I agree with this. Also, take your /nrl/ sperglords back. >>504232
>>
fuck off. you cunts already sent /wwe/ to /asp/ and it's ruined the board. stop handing over your problems to someone else to deal with.
>>
>>510516
What alternative sport is your favorite, Anon?
>>
>>510079
The pinnacle of Rugby Union is viewed as the penalty goal. Every rule in the entire game is geared towards maximizing the amount of penalty goals that can be attempted within 80 minutes. Its great viewing. What a thrilling sport.
Rugby league is OK but I can't deal with all that running and passing. Sometimes a whole game can pass without a single penalty goal being kicked! Can you imagine?
I hardly ever get to sit and watch for eight minutes while a scrum collapses and repacks six times, followed by a penalty goal, in rugby league. If league wants to compete they need far more of it.
Also, there's far too much game time in rugby league. They set up too many plays and go far too long without slowing the game down with penalties, line outs and 4 scrum re-packs. What rugby league need to do is make field goals and penalty goals worth more, so more time is spent standing around watching one guy kick a ball. Did you guys see the latest Durban Pirates vs Roturua Razorbacks game? Six penalty goals to five! The pirates had no answer to the Razorbacks tactics of kicking the ball out then collapsing the scrum.
Its this level of tactical sophistication that is missing in rugby league, where as you rightly point out, its just a bunch of athletic guys trying to score tries against each other. Yawn.
>>
>>510516
/rug/ belongs on /asp/.
>>
>>510995
Rugby is more popular than NFL

NFL is a niche sport that should be sent to /asp/
>>
>>509489
Seems like a logical move.

Rugby is a very unpopular and arguably irrelevant sport, and it definitely fits the "alternative sport" definition.

It's time to move rugby discussion to the correct board, /asp/.
>>
>>511049
no it isnt, kill yourself redditor
>>
Handegg and rugby aren't even sports. It's just foreplay for macho gay guys.
>>
>229 posts
>14 posters
KEK, nice anti/rug/ """poomunity""" you have here
>>
>>511094
Agreed.

Move rugby to the appropriate board of /hm/.
>>
File: smug.jpg (30 KB, 502x535) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
30 KB, 502x535
is this the new /rug/ lads?
>>
>>510261
your blatant damage control ass anguish is beautiful KEK
>>
>>511236
Temporary home until based Hiro gives us either our own board, or relocates us to /asp/.

Getting REALLY tired of being on /sp/ with all the soccer poofs and soft cock amerfats.
>>
Reminder to OP:

1. This is not /q/. The mods are literally not going to listen to you.
2. The mods can see your IP and can tell when you're samefagging (actually, we can too, you're pathetic at pretending to be different people)
3. Even if you're changing IPs to pretend to be supporters of yourself, the mods can easily see that as well (and again, so can we)
4. If you're changing IPs, you're probably going to end up getting rangebanned.
5. Hiro might be a fucking retard but he's not stupid enough to fall for you.
6. Pajeet tried to get flags removed from /pol/ for a full six months before you came here. He spammed /qa/ day and night. Nothing changed.
7. Look at every other thread on /qa/. All empty demands which never get fulfilled.
8. You are this mad.
9. Somebody who wants rugby banned from /sp/ wouldn't be saving rugby pictures with filenames like "so_focused".
10. If you want to suck the mods cocks enough to get them to listen, you can always try alternate forums like GameFAQs.
11. A lot of alternate sports on /asp/ are actually worldwide (skateboarding, sailing). Moving rugby, which by your logic is only played in "one" country, to /asp/ would therefore make no sense.
12. YOU ARE LITERALLY SEEEEEEEEETHING
>>
>>511089
Kek, football, cricket, tennis, f1, ice hockey, basketball, track & field, rugby, boxing, volleyball, golf, and baseball are all bigger sports than your weird colonial football you useless shotistani faggot

This based on a global study ranking by

Global base & audienceTV Viewership numbers

Number Professional leagues around the worldTV rights deals

Endorsement & Sponsorship deals

Average athlete salary in top league

Biggest competition & (number of countriesrepresented)

Social media presence

Prominence in sports headlines on media outlets (websites, tv)

Relevancy through the year

Regional dominance
>>
Wow, seems like rugby people here are extremely mad, and definitely love shitposting and making up blatant lies.

Is this what /sp/ has to deal with on a daily basis?

No wonder they want you gay fucks off their board.

Who even watches rugby anyway, lol? I think ping pong is more popular.

Agree with OP. Send rugby to /asp/; where it belongs.
>>
>>511268
Wow, seems like American football people here are extremely mad, and definitely love shitposting and making up blatant lies.

Is this what /sp/ has to deal with on a daily basis?

No wonder they want you gay fucks off their board.

Who even watches American football anyway, lol? I think baseball is more popular.

Send American football to /asp/; where it belongs.
>>
>>511268
This so much.

Looks like their can't handle the truth: no one gives a fuck about rugby in rich, developed, wealthy relevant nations, so they come here to shit post.

It's sad really.
>>
>>511278

This so much >>511273 >>511268
This so much.

Looks like their can't handle the truth: no one gives a fuck about american football in rich, developed, wealthy relevant nations, so they come here to shit post.

It's sad really.
>>
>>511278
Sad, yes. But also quite hilarious.

Can picture this fat smelly teenager covered with acne wearing an all blacks shirt with tears streaming down his face as he desperately copy/pastes our posts and changes the word rugby to football.

Lol
>>
>>511287
>>511278
Sad, yes. But also quite hilarious.

Can picture this fat smelly teenager covered with acne wearing an Miami dolphins shirt with tears streaming down his face as he desperately samefags in three different threads.

Lol
>>
>>511287
Right on cue m8.

Lmao at this faggot rugby queer.
>>
>>511290
>>511287
Right on cue m8.

Lmao at this faggot American football queer.
>>
>>509489
Is this really that big a deal?

Look, I can understand the logic in moving rugby to the alternative sports board, but assuming they all stay in their designated thread on /sp/ what's the problem?

Yes, they technically don't belong there, but they really aren't doing much damage at all to the board.
>>
>there are people ITT who unironically think that rugby union is not popular
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/73577746/120-million-watch-All-Blacks-win-Rugby-World-Cup-on-TV
This is more than the number of people watching Superbowl 49.

Fact is, union is more popular than handegg worldwide. League can go to /asp/ though.
>>
>>511298
Good move, Player 2.

OP, your move, you may select from the following:

>Call this user a rugby faggot
>Impersonate a rugby fan who "supports" moving to /asp/
>Post another thread
>Threaten Hiro with a lawsuit if /rug/ is not moved to /asp/
>Suicide (RECOMMENDED)
>>
>>511298
Doesn't matter if they aren't causing trouble, they don't belong on /sp/.

Imagine if there was a /guitar/ general on /sp/ and they all kept to themselves and didn't post outside the thread.

Yeah they wouldn't be causing trouble, but a fucking guitar general doesn't belong there.
>>
>>511314
>it's not popular in my country so it doesn't belong on /sp/
>>
>>511320
/sp/ is for the Big 4 American sports + soccer.

Everything else goes on /asp/.
>>
>>511324
literally this
>>
>>511324
Any sport that is at least as popular as the smallest of the Big 4 American sports belongs on /sp/.

Rugby union is bigger worldwide than handegg is. It belongs on /sp/.
>>
>>511262
R E K T

will /nrl/ ever recover lads?
>>
>>511324
/sp/ rules:
1. All sports welcome.
2. In the interest of keeping this board general, please combine threads related to similar topics (example: specific teams, games, players, etc.).

>1. All sports welcome
Indicates that NFL belongs on /asp/ :^)
>>
>more viewers watch Wrestlemania than the Superbowl
/wwe/ back to /sp/ and /nfl/ off to /asp/ tßh.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.