[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What rule did this thread break? >>>/v/335312029
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: dark.jpg (205 KB, 1500x789) Image search: [Google]
dark.jpg
205 KB, 1500x789
What rule did this thread break?

>>>/v/335312029
>>
>>505485
mods probably thought it was a buttplug

you can't really blame them either imho
>>
>>505485
/v/ mods are fucking cancer.
They will delete anything that could possibly trigger someone
>>
>>505492
No, they delete everything that is obviously a derail attempt. This is clearly a shitpost so it's ngr.
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 619x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 619x871
>a thread about vidya shit you preorder vidya deleted
>shadman, undertale bait and unrealted threads will stay up and the OP will get a 2 day ban after his post reaches 610 replies
>>
>>505493

>criticizing a game is shitposting

No
>>
>>505496
There's a fine line between criticism and instigating a flame war/falseflagging.
>>
>>505500
Then why are there furry and pony threads left up on /v/ all the time?
Why are the nkds so inconsistent?
>>
>>505501
I never said the mods were perfect. The things you point out are just deleted because they're obvious derail attempts, and they're usually pretty successful. Furries and ponies are almost universally rejected on /v/ and don't really need to be deleted on a regular basis because people either ignore them or sage them.
>>
>>505495
> he will have changed his IP long before that happens and probably posted several other shit threads by the time the mod snarfs down his hot pockets and does his fucking job.

>>505501
They do it on purpose basically. Have you ever seen a mod proceed to sit in a shitty thread and babysit it to post limit, deleting all attempts to increase the reports coming out of it as well as any posts that aren't contributing to the shitpostiing?

This happens frequently. It's not mod dead zone hours either, a faggot will literally sit in the thread and aid the shitposter in getting his (you)s to post limit
>>
>>505490
that's what I thought when I saw that too.
>>505504
mods do this with memetale threads too.
>>
>>505485
It's not like they get paid
So they can do what they like really
>>
>>505504
>They do it on purpose
Why do people keep saying this while giving neither proof, nor any sort of REASON why they would do it on purpose?
>>
>>505501
>Then why are there furry and pony threads left up on /v/ all the time?
What time of day? From what I've seen blatant pony and furry spam get deleted within 20 replies, which is pretty quick on a /v/-speed board.
>Why are the nkds so inconsistent?
This is definitely a problem though, practically every other thread on /v/ right now is a stealth thread.
>>
>>505633
A shit thread gets posted.

Anons use report generator imagery such as roll images to increase the amounts of reports coming out of the thread which increases its visibility to online mods

then hot pockets comes in, nukes all of thoses posts, while leaving the rest of the shitty thread untouched

further attempts to kill the thread are met with bans/mutes and constant post deletion, we are talking deleted in seconds which CONFIRMS mods are actively watching the thread

Shitpost thread reaches bump limit and archives, thanks to the amazing effort of Does-It-For-Free. and OP laughs his ass off and makes another, probably wasn't even banned

I have seen this happen many, many times over the years and mods will not fess up to that behavior.

You don't do that shit unless you're being malicious.
>>
>>505485
Next time when you make a thread, use your fucking words as well, retard.
>>
>>505485
Nothing, a mod is probably a DS whore.
>>505503
>obvious derail
Literally video game collector's edition is derailing? I've seen some posts in my time.
>>505633
>any sort of REASON why they would do it on purpose?
Shit posters don't need any reason other than being faggots
>>
You keep making the same thread. Chill, bro
>>
>>505716
Reports only show janitors/mods the post itself and not the thread that it's located in.
>>
>>505716
There was a mod who got so angry about someone on /sci/ misreporting a thread about some dumb whore's Youtube video that he spammed /sci/ with everything on her channel for months. They do this kind of thing.
>>
>>505727
This needs to change, a single post usually does not tell the whole story.
>>
>>505716
This happens so fucking much.
I've seen it happen in those shitty CYOA threads, the mods babysit them like crazy.

In that specific example I'd understand if it was more like the console tan threads where they're only allowed one day of the week and produce pretty decent OC, but the CYOAs are all shitty MS Paint drawings, and can't really be called OC because they have zero repost value outside of the CYOA threads.
>>
>>505485
Because that was the umptieth repost of that image with no other content posted.
>>
>>505485
For the record, I reported that thread because I thought it was a person holding a sex toy. And since he didn't put any contextual textuals, that only made the case stronger.
>>
>>505969
Maybe you should scope out the thread first to see what the thread really is next time
>>
stop complaining about the mods op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5y0tU1uNQ
>>
File: doubt.jpg (9 KB, 171x211) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
9 KB, 171x211
>>505503
>/v/
>saging
>>
>>505504
>Have you ever seen a mod proceed to sit in a shitty thread and babysit it to post limit, deleting all attempts to increase the reports coming out of it as well as any posts that aren't contributing to the shitpostiing?
That is what basically happened throughout all of chanologoy2.0's lifespan on /v/. That all that shit was not deleted in the first place speaks worlds about what type of human moderates /v/.
>>
The mods really need some sort of ID system, but of course they will constantly tell Hiro its a bad idea because they don't want to get in trouble and face the wrath of people on here.

They already hate us more ever since the IRC leaks, so much so that if you post a single page of the leak, they will automatically delete your post and ban you.
>>
>>505485
At least as of two years ago when an Aussie hacked Moot and posted pics of a large chunk of how 4chan looks to a mod, the reporting queue simply showed the board, the pic, the post text, and delete/ban/clear/open thread buttons.

Therefore all the mod probably saw unless they bothered to open the actual thread was an off-topic looking image being posted with no comments on /v/.

>>>/v/rules/1
>>
>>506059
That's terrible, no wonder half the board is stealth threads at any given time.
Hell they probably don't even know that "what are some games where I can X" is code for "let's discuss this picture I found on another board".
>>
File: 1398978043092.png (207 KB, 418x312) Image search: [Google]
1398978043092.png
207 KB, 418x312
>>507219
Oh, they do know. Literally everyone knows. The problem is your average fuckwit on /v/ is likely to either go right along with it- because nothing is more boring than actually talking about vidya on /v/- or point out that it is in fact bait(which is still taking it), and not want to bother with another captcha to actually report the thread. They then assume the problem will solve itself and the thread will get deleted immediately, and then they come here to bitch when it doesn't.

There's been a lot of talk that /v/ needs to be more harshly moderated, but that's simply not going to fix the real problem, which is its horrendous userbase. If mods push against the shitposters harder than before, the shitposters are going to push back even harder. It's clear at this point that deleting threads and banning the people who make them isn't enough.
>>
>>505485
considering the dozen of staged daksoul thread every hour, I guess it's against the sponsor's contract.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.