[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your take on YouTube drama?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: pewdiepie-wallpaper_10.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pewdiepie-wallpaper_10.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
Here is my 2 cents from a neutral stand point.
TLDW - I just think its something silly that all the big Youtubers are getting their panties in a knot for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhtbEUv9A4
>>
>>504751
It's funny to me when people treat youtube comments like it's some kind of community.
>>
>>504753
Oh well. YouTuber 101 is to interact with your subscribers to build up a sense of community. It's the only way to get to know your target market better.
>>
>>504751
Making YouTube videos is a waste of time.
2016 YouTube is more focused on keeping the people at the top on top than letting new names slide though.
You're best off going back in time and making .swf animations to post on sites like Newgrounds.
Less competition and more people will end up seeing your stuff.
>>
File: notinterested[1].jpg (17 KB, 800x249) Image search: [Google]
notinterested[1].jpg
17 KB, 800x249
>>504751
My take when.
>>
PAJEET MY SON
>>
>>504755
I know mate. But I have quite a lot of time on my hands and YouTube has no direct competitors that do a good job. besides I have quite a good base so far and i hope it'll grow as time goes on
>>
You're not allowed to promote your own youtube videos here. Type out your thoughts or make a vocaroo.
>>
>>504789
Huh? Where did i promote myself? Did you even read the TLDW? I asked what your thoughts are, nothing else. If i was promoting myself why would i have a TLDW mate?
>>
>>504754
>build up a sense of community
>your target market
This is what's wrong with the modern internet. It's been too commercialized and commoditized by too many wannabe Don Drapers' with profit motives full of post-Web2.0 bullshit. It was never intended for this and it's disgusting to me that the original intent of being mankind's greatest communication and learning tool has been perverted in this way and apparently lost to history.
>>
>>504790
You're linking your own youtube channel. No advertising is allowed on any boards except if you want to buy a banner ad.
>>
>>504792
Oh my bad then. I didn't know i couldn't post a link as long as it was my own. I should have linked someone else's video. because that would have been alright huh? (although it would make absolutely no difference. And the fact that the question i'm asking has nothing do with whose video it is)
>>
>>504791
Hey we are still learning things mate :) it's not all negative. Besides we always have places like this that we can fall back to if things get too snobby ;)
>>
>>504794
You should've read the rules before shamelessly self-promoting your video with pre-roll ads on it in order to get you money, yes.
>>
>>504755
>2016 YouTube is more focused on keeping the people at the top on top than letting new names slide though.
There are thousands of great videos on Youtube and hundreds of valuable content creators. They may never gain a huge audience or mainstream appeal, but their content is still educational, interesting and worthwhile.

>Less competition and more people will end up seeing your stuff.
You seem to have the mindset that the most important thing is gaining a wide audience. I find the following videos as an example of the sort of content which makes Youtube and uploading/creating content to be invaluable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL8tXDat40c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wpca1ZDIRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE6mRYypmJY

People like PewDiePie and other incredibly popular people are essentially clowns who dance in the street and attract a huge audience. They do not add any real value and will be soon forgotten in the longer term. They leave behind no legacy of ideas or insight and provide little educational value or wit.

To claim that making Youtube videos is a waste of time because you won't attract the largest audience is like stating that TV is a waste of time because creating an educational and interesting documentary series will never gain the popularity that reality TV shows about famous people are able to gain without any effort. Who fucking cares what the lowest common denominator enjoys?
>>
>>504797
Your argument is what critical thinkers call a "red herring". I close my case and you can chose to believe what you want as your argument has nothing to do with my original question "what do you think of YT drama?"
>>
>>504798
I have listened to Alan watts ideas although personally I don't agree with all of them i have found them to be a pleasure to listen to.
>>
>>504804
You're asking a general question the linking your own monetized video. It's not a red herring because I'm not responding to your question, but I'm instead telling you that you're not allowed to advertise here and I'm telling you to fuck off as concisely as possible.
>>
>>504810
He was a brilliant orator and had a great streak of humour. I wonder how he would have written his books and subsequent lectures in a contemporary context.
>>
>>504812
And sadly despite what you say that doesn't change anything does it. I simply chose not to and stay right where I am, being a thorn in your side. The world is unfair isn't it? Such are the laws that govern the universe.
>>
>>504820
I never implied otherwise. Buy an ad if you want to promote your shitty youtube channel. Thank you.
>>
>>504814
He would have definitely become much more famous than he was back in the day with todays media outlets and exposure. Especially when we have idiots like Anita Sarkeesian that cry wolf with their pseudo philosophies and get a damn UN audience.
>>
>>504798
Our values are different, but not that far apart.
I want a message to become mainstream.
Channels like Kahn academy managed to make math mainstream.
If I can bring attention to something then it's worth whatever downsides popularity could bring.

>>504751
Audio quality is very important when making YouTube videos. Get rid of the background hum, the fan might not seem like a big deal, but it is. Audacity can easily remove background noise.
Also, think about increasing your bass frequencies.
>>
>>504823
Sure thank you for your suggestion but i chose not to because promoting my channel was never my intention in the first place. If i would have made up some elequent shit in /b/ or something. Your welcome though!
>>
>>504839
It interesting that these two posts moved the post count from 8 to 10
>>504820
>>504833

So not only are you advertising but you're also samefagging your own thread and probably others in order to promote your youtube channel. What other basic manners do you choose not to follow? Shitting in the streets?
>>
>>504837
Thanks for the feed back mate! Yeah it might be because i'm recording on my phone. I'm trying to improve the quality little by little. This is just a extention of a hobby that i have in college debunking stupid things people follow these days called "trends". I'll see what i can do in future :) definitely need to fiddle around with audacity so ill be taking your advice.
>>
>>504841
What are you talking about ?
You only highlighted his posts plus he's got something in the name field ?
>>
>>504845
Exactly, so if the only two posts to raise the poster count were his that means he's changing his IP to either samefag this thread faster and/or promote his shit on other boards and evade that post limit.
>>
>>504841
I can't help but smile when i read your post. It's amazing the amount of toxicity inside some people. Reminds me of my younger days, nitpicking at all those around me believing that i can change all of them to behave in ways to suit me. Take a chill pill mate, the world isn't as bad a place as you make it out to be and not everything you see is black and white, molded to your perception.
>>
>>504848
And in case your wondering. The answer is much more simple. My home is having a power shortage so I am on my mobile phone now :) no conspiracies going on.
>>
>>504851
The post count went up twice so what you meant to say was your two mobile phones, right?
>>
>>504855
>What is a dynamic IP
>>
>>504855
Nope. I was on My desktop computer before and now i am on my phone :P
>>
>>504858
Yes and I'm saying that the post count went up twice after that.

>>504857
>ip changing three times in an hour
>>
>>504860
No idea :P Maybe because i am using wifi assist. Can't be sure though.
>>
>>504837
>I want a message to become mainstream.
Why?
>Channels like Kahn academy managed to make math mainstream.
Math really isn't mainstream, anon.
>>
>>504860
>ip changing three times in an hour
You can change your IP in a matter of seconds, depending on how far away your router is.
>>
File: 1458414240764.jpg (53 KB, 339x481) Image search: [Google]
1458414240764.jpg
53 KB, 339x481
>>504751
>>
>>504751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC0UrEHtlFU
>>
>>504996
Haha IHE plaigarism much :P i love the guy and gradAunderA. But that's his opinion while mine is more objective. Or at least thats what i like to tell my self
>>
>>504922
I don't have to justify my reasons.
>>
>>504791
i can sympathize, and frankly - I'm disgusted too, but wasn't the original intent of the internet to make it easier for the US to kill people?
>>
>>504751
Another good example, it's okay for an Indian to shit in the (designated) street, but it would be disgusting for an Australian to do so.
>>
File: yt.jpg (332 KB, 1035x1073) Image search: [Google]
yt.jpg
332 KB, 1035x1073
>>504751
My take is that I want my old random videos Youtube back. I'm fucking fed up with professionally-made, repetitive and unfunny videos I keep getting bombarded with at every step. I want Youtube without its shitty celebrities and their shitty drama, fighting over thousands of dollars of advert money.
>>
>>506984
Man youtube was shit back then, google video was so much better but the brand of youtube was already burned into peoples minds so google bought them and closed their plattform, making both worse in the process.
>>
>>505054
>I don't have to justify my reasons.
You don't but as a human with a brain capable of higher reasoning, you should. If not, you may as well remove your frontal cortex and fuck off out of the genepool.

>>506984
>I want Youtube without its shitty celebrities and their shitty drama, fighting over thousands of dollars of advert money.
The only reason you would ever have to see that is if you are watching that shit. Youtube is like a digital library of videos. Walk into a different aisle if you want to see something different, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>507039
Then I wonder how the fuck I know who a PewDiePie is, or a JonTron or a Dodger or an AVGN or a Vitalyi or a fuckton of local youtube pseudo-comedian cretins from my country despite never having seen their videos. Guess what mongoloid, you can't browse any site without being bombarded with videos of e-celebs. Fuck, you can't hang out with people without hearing about the latest epic prank and youtuber drama.
>>
>>504751
Don't care
>>
>>507046
I know who PDP and AVGN are because people have mentioned them on 4chan before, but I don't know any of the rest because I don't hang out with degenerates.
>>
>>504751
make a new board for this shit called /meco/
for media content
all twitter facebook meerkat periscope etc shit would go there
>>
>>504751
Pyrocynical and IHE are the most neutral on this shit
>>
>>506984
>tfw you can't look at what videos had the most views for a day anymore
>tfw you can't look at what videos had the most views of all time anymore
>tfw you can't look at what videos had the comments that day anymore
>tfw you can't look at what the most recent videos are for a random category anymore
>tfw you can't see a feed of the videos the people you follow like
>tfw XVideo has a better organized subscription system

That was how I found new and interesting channels to watch.
Now, all I see are the same channels that I am either already subscribed to or don't care about.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.