[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't even get offended or bothered when someone says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 25
File: Mushishi_04.png (868 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mushishi_04.png
868 KB, 1280x720
I don't even get offended or bothered when someone says they hate anime because I know they are associating it with only the moeshit that /a/ likes to obsess about and post everywhere. I wish they weren't so quick to generalize an entire medium though. Nobody says all Western cartoons are shit because of the awful tumblrina flash garbage that is made these days.
>>
File: anime reaction.png (165 KB, 583x661) Image search: [Google]
anime reaction.png
165 KB, 583x661
It's more than likely those people are not being genuine but instead are making posts like that strictly to get attention from you. It's best you ignore them and don't take it to heart.
>>
File: 1461109200128.gif (692 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461109200128.gif
692 KB, 640x480
>>503116
I don't hate anime, I hate pretentious weebs with a superiority complex about their hobby.

Some weebs like pic related are hilarious.
>>
File: 1421385089819.jpg (29 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1421385089819.jpg
29 KB, 500x475
>Nobody says all Western cartoons are shit because of the awful tumblrina flash garbage that is made these days
>>
File: 5392c89e60f45.png (56 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
5392c89e60f45.png
56 KB, 512x512
>>503128
>all
No.
>>
>>503116
It's like two /co/tards who feel culturally threatened by the size and prevalence of anime as a subculture.

They might enshroud it in "irony" but sometimes they don't seem to be in on their own joke.

Anyone who has been here a while simply treats anime as background noise and doesn't care.
>>
>>503121
That pic just reeks of victim complex. And let's say that gr15 was removed, wouldn't mlp-pictures get a lot of hate too?
It's the moeshit/girlyshit that pisses people off.
>>
>>503128
Do you see people openly saying they hate Western cartoons? I don't. If they do, it's usually in a modern context only and it excludes the stuff they watched before.
>>
>>503116
It's nothing but newfags pretending their not.

Even people who didn't like anime (myself included) used to save anime pics and repost them and nobody ever tried to use the mere fact that the pic you posted had anime as a bad thing.

Basically this >>503133

Insulting someone on the grounds that they posted anime is a very new thing regardless of what the people who do it now want you to believe.
>>
>>503135
I'm pretty sure that image predates MLP getting a huge following.
>>
File: Screenshot.jpg (95 KB, 703x383) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.jpg
95 KB, 703x383
>>
>>503138
Posting smug anime girls is also a very new thing.
The anime shitposting just gets worse and worse, it wasn't really a thing 6-8 years ago. It wasn't spammed all the time like it is now.
>>
>>503148
and in 6-8 years have you not yet realized that the more you complain about it the more people are going to do it.

and by "more people are going to do it" I don't necessarily mean that the people who already did it are just doing it more (this is what everyone seems to think)
but that "more people" are doing it. People who probably don't give a shit about the thing and never posted it before will start to post it because they realize how upset it makes people.

So half the people you guys are fighting against now aren't even the people you think they are (e.g. weebs).
This is the exact same thing that happened to pepe, and this pattern will probably continue on forever without all the "internet is serious business" crowd ever figuring it out.

Enjoy your never ending butthurt.
>>
>>503132
Of course, the ones that imitate anime and have a toy line tend to get favorable reviews. The other stuff is insignificant, so it's okay.

>>503136
You're full of so much shit it's insulting.
>>
File: 1455968430988.png (213 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
1455968430988.png
213 KB, 500x482
>>503116
>no I'm not THAT kind of anime fan, I'm THIS kind of anime fan

The worst kind of weeb. This is the equivalent of being a race traitor.
>>
>>503151
It may be even more recent, maybe it started as recently as 3 or 4 years ago. I think that the smug pepes and the smug anime girls appeared at the same time, but I'm not sure.
>>
File: 1457245912971.jpg (298 KB, 717x838) Image search: [Google]
1457245912971.jpg
298 KB, 717x838
>>503152
>Insignificant
Like with people here favoring more obscure anime, it should apply more to obscure western also. Because the more obscure the less contrived, both sides borrow from each other and each can have the same obsessed fanboys. Enjoy what you like I don't mind, sometimes it's ok to say your part just don't act like an asshole.
>>
>>503155
By "it" I was actually just speaking in general.

It's almost like in the last few years people have stopped believing that there's actually trolls on 4chan or something.

It's like they just spread their legs open and reveal their soft spots (e.g. which images piss them off) willingly, they don't even try to hide it, and then they're shocked when someone drives their raging boner into them, and instead of learning their lesson and closing their legs they just keep opening up wider and wider.

Who can we blame for this apparent regression in thinking? Couldn't have been a massive influx of newfags could it?
>>
File: 1415860009733.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1415860009733.jpg
132 KB, 1024x1024
>>503154
>idolshit

Lowest of the low, my friend.
>>
>>503147
Bringing coffee into a comic store doesn't turn it into a coffee shop, even if you do it daily.

Also it's not like /a/ doesn't exist right now, the topics 4chan offers hasn't changed much at all over the years, only a few boards are gone and the anime board isn't one of them. I really never understood that excuse of "sorry old guys but 4chan has changed, because I said so", like what?
>>
File: multiculturalism.png (3 MB, 1888x3748) Image search: [Google]
multiculturalism.png
3 MB, 1888x3748
>>503147
>>503190
Here, this analogy is way better. Hands down the best and most explanative one I've seen about the subject yet.
>>
File: UsagiCoffee.jpg (117 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
UsagiCoffee.jpg
117 KB, 500x281
>>503147
>>
>>503206
Analogies are inherently bad, talk about the subject directly, don't try and mock them onto some other topic for comparison, it's just not necessary. We should both be familiar with 4chan and we're talking about 4chan, not coffee shops or territory, there is no bridge to gap or any misunderstandings between us so a comparison like that isn't needed.

I don't mean to imply you're doing this but most of the time I see people making analogies like this it's because they're trying to justify their belief or opinion by talking about something that holds no actual relevance to the thing they were originally intending to talk about. It's a really roundabout and silly thing to do.
>>
>>503209
>no bridge to gap
lel, I'm tired.
>>
File: 1455344041535.png (719 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1455344041535.png
719 KB, 728x720
>>503183
>says that while posting Momiji

Ironic.

See, this is exactly the problem with weebs. Stupid infighting. No wonder they're falling apart.
>>
>>503248
>complaining about infighting
>while arguing with a fellow member of the same community
Now who's being ironic
>>
>>503116
I dont hate anime.. but i do recognize its complete reliance on western, particularly american, culture in its early days for inspiration and reference, which continues to this day.. It will always be number two. Also, the flappy mouths are fucking annoying. So are sub fags. Yea, its so weird that this girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, and huge boobs isnt speaking japanese. And that stupid thing were the main character ALWAYS sits in the exact same spot in the classroom if its a series that has school aged characters. What the hell is up with that?
>>
>>503260
Whoosh.

Typical retarded weebs.
>>
File: ironic community.png (166 KB, 633x436) Image search: [Google]
ironic community.png
166 KB, 633x436
>>503264
Says the guy posting anime and being retarded. If you're doing it on purpose that's just as bad.
>>
>>503265
>still doesn't get it

Why are you so fucking dumb?
>>
File: 1449126458966.jpg (11 KB, 283x302) Image search: [Google]
1449126458966.jpg
11 KB, 283x302
>>503248
Momiji being BULLIED, because you deserve to be bullied for liking idolshit. I bet you ERP on Steam too. I know your type.
>>
>>503272
I honestly don't know what kind of response you're expecting, maybe you should be more clear if you want people ot "get" you, don't blame me for your inability to communicate.

Also I'm sorry if you're mad at me calling you retarded but you said it first so don't get an attitude about it.
>>
>>503278
>>503279
You're both retarded weebs. No wonder weebs have such a bad reputation. Because of idiots like you.
>>
>>503305
I'm not actually a weeaboo though. I don't even know why you'd make that assumption. I can't tell if you're being serious or not so bear with me.
>>
>>503307
The biggest weebs are the ones in denial about it. So fuck off, weeb.
>>
>>503312
That doesn't make sense, you must be confused or something. Sorry but this isn't much of a discussion so I'm going to back out for now, feel free to reply though if you have anything to talk about or ask.
>>
>>503316
Here's my reply: Die, weeb. You aren't fooling anyone.
>>
File: 1449599266648.jpg (58 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
1449599266648.jpg
58 KB, 736x552
>>503305
"Weebs" have a bad reputation because most of /a/ crossboarders (sometimes they aren't from /a/ though) have an absolute autistic taste in anime. 90% of the time when I see an anime image posted on a board that isn't /a/ or the other Japanese culture related ones it's always a little girl SoL, Idolshit or something that has "moe" as it's main appeal. How do you expect someone who isn't into anime to react to that? Western shows like MLP, Frozen, Steven Universe, Zootopia, etc get shit on too, but anime gets generalized more and seen as a singular thing because those people are ignorant about it and think those kind of shows that you like are representative of the entire medium.
>>
>>503331
>How do you expect someone who isn't into anime to react to that?
Not him, but I honestly I expect them to not give a shit.

Images are often just used as attention grabbers anyway, and I don't care if someone wants to use something from other boards or topics that aren't always relevant.

I don't like politics or /pol/ and I wouldn't even mind them inserting their images in /a/ threads from time to time, or putting their "make america great again" hats on anime characters, for example.

It's not a problem unless they're spamming the thread with it, in which case I will either get upset at the _people_ or the _spam_ itself, not the images they're posting, or start up a witch hunt against everything they like.

Why do people get so triggered by images these days? and why do I get the feeling more and more that people are actually concerned about what others would think of them browsing 4chan and that's the reason they want to keep it the parts they use free of stuff they don't like?

Everyone needs to just learn to relax, at least when it comes to internal conflict, and stop trying to control everything so much.
>>
>>503331
>How do you expect someone who isn't into anime to react to that?
>because those people are ignorant about it and think those kind of shows that you like are representative of the entire medium.

I don't think we should consider the actions of the ignorant something we should expect, that's just too low of a standard.
>>
>>503331
Why do you keep saying "idolshit" like idols are a bad thing? Have you even seen Aikatsu? I doubt it.
>>
File: 1439496365912.jpg (437 KB, 650x826) Image search: [Google]
1439496365912.jpg
437 KB, 650x826
One positive outcome of this shit thread is that it reminded me to watch more Mushishi. What an excellent show.
>>
>>503381
See, good things come out of even the most unexpected places.

This is why there's no point in getting so bent out of shape over things. Excellent point anon, thank you.
>>
>>503363
>Why do people get so triggered by images these days? and why do I get the feeling more and more that people are actually concerned about what others would think of them browsing 4chan and that's the reason they want to keep it the parts they use free of stuff they don't like?

It all started with MLP. Why do people hate MLP? Because they think it's a show for little girls, pedophiles and homos. Why do people hate anime? Because they think it's all just moeshit for girls, pedophiles and homos. (I disagree with the pedophile part, but a lot fans of moe-heavy shows do seem to have some homosexual tendencies).
>>
>>503406
>but a lot fans of moe-heavy shows do seem to have some homosexual tendencies
If it's feminine then it's good enough for my dick. Nothing gay about it.
>>
>>503406
>homosexual tendencies
I would agree if you said effeminate personalities since the only homosexual tendencies are homosexual intercourse.

There are plenty of males with with a manly personality but it doesn't impact their orientation.

I've given thought to it and it makes sense to me that someone who likes girls would act in a girly manner, whatever they like is intrinsically appealing to them and they may act that way themselves as a result.

Like how the stereotype is that girls like pink because it's cute or whatever, if a guy likes cute girls he may also like pink, if he likes pink he may wear it, but I don't think it relates to orientation.

Really you can't make any assumptions on that alone I don't think, maybe this is too far off topic.
>>
>>503411
>>503412
Look, you don't have to dig much deep to find out about this. I've seen the profiles of a lot of Steam ERPers and the overwhelming majority of them use pictures from moe shows as their avatar. It's NEVER a male or a sexy girl from an ecchi show or something.
>>
>>503415
I think that's a hasty generalization based on a small sample size. Just because you hang around with a lot of gays doesn't mean it's applicable to everyone else who does what they do.

I don't mean that in any harsh way either, it's not a dig at you or your friends.

I have my own anecdotal observations but it doesn't make me right or give me the ability to generalize a big groups of people.
>>
>>503415
I don't ERP, but my current avatar is one of the most clothed Kantai Collection characters. What does that say about me?
>>
>>503417
I don't hang out with them. It's personal data based on some random threads about Steam profiles on /v/ and /vg/ and Steam communities involving ERPing. I don't care if you believe me or not. You can research this yourself.

>>503418
I don't know, but I've seen a lot of faggots using Shimakaze for avatars. Kantai Collection is kind of a moe/fanservice hybrid so it probably attracts less faggots overall than moe shows without fanservice.
>>
>>503427
I forgot to mention that 1/3 of them was the trap version of her that got popular by the way.
>>
>>503427
It's not that I don't beleive you, I'm just saying it's not a good basis to form an opinion off of because it's a limited scope, a more sane but still not objectivley correct would be to make the assumption that the majority of posters on /v/ are homosexual, or people who ERP, or any other conclusion. The point is you're basing it off their profile pictures but it's just as random as their fetish, the board the frequent, the types of threads they browse, or even their archetype, maybe homosexuals are more likely to be vocal and outgoing and thus share their profile on an anonymous source where they otherwise can't.

All of these conclusions are really unfounded but could be concocted from the same method.

I don't mean to annoy you or argue, I'm just discussing it with you. I could be wrong too you know, whichever one of us is or isn't doesn't matter it's what we find out if anything, maybe you're right and there's some correlation but I don't see it.
>>
File: 1419373291036.png (94 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1419373291036.png
94 KB, 300x200
>>503412
>>503417
>>503434
>being this in denial about moeshitters being gay

You can't expect a person who watches a bunch of little girls doing absolutely nothing to be 100% straight. If it involved tits or ass it would be another history, but it doesn't.
>>
>>503439
I don't know man, something about guys liking cute girls just doesn't seem to out of the ordinary to me and it certainly doesn't seem homosexual.
>>
>>503439
>>503442
You both sound incredibly homophobic. What's wrong with being gay? Especially since this is 4chan, one of the gayest places on the internet.
>>
>>503467
>You both sound incredibly homophobic
I didn't mean to give off that impression, I have nothing against homosexuals, I only mean to discuss the topic.
>>
>>503116
You never see people posting quality anime like Mushishi and Kino's Journey on /a/ and other boards though because they have no meme potential
>>
>>503469
I once posted Kino's Journey on /tv/ asking "Is this kino?" but the thread went completely ignored. Sad day.
>>
>>503467
It's a mental illness. And he was just explaining why people hate moeshitters. Their gay ERPing on other boards is one of the main reasons. They do indeed give the rest of anime and manga fans a very bad name.

>>503469
>>503476
Kino's Journey might get confused for moeshit by the plebs.
>>
>>503477
>Kino's Journey might get confused for moeshit by the plebs.

I'd hope not. It doesn't really have that look. But it also doesn't have many smug faces to screencap so of course nobody looks at it.

As an aside, you know what good show I never see even the serious anime fans talk about? House of Five Leaves. So underwatched. We even have a banner of it on this site, pretty sure.
>>
>>503415
>people like cute things
>this is somehow bad
We can't be teenagers forever, anon. Cute girls being innocent, pure and playful strikes at the heart of both paternal and sexual arousal of every heterosexual male in our species, something millions of years steeped in the evolution of our branch of great apes. 2D fulfills every need a man has without the need to lower himself to appealing to 3DPD.
>>
>>503481
spoken like a true manchild
>>
>>503481
>>503483
Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C.S. Lewis
>>
>>503439
Protip: the average age of the cute girls in this media are 2D representations of 3D when they at their peak fertility. Men who are not burdened by their opedius complexes are the most sexually drawn to girls around this age.

Say what you want otherwise but biology doesn't lie. Animals breed when they are capable of breeding and in the human ape that represents a cute little girl. They hit puberty that age due to sexual selection, meaning I'm sorry but yes, it is in our genes to year for the comfort of little girls to both protect as a father and to protect from other males for the purposes of access to that smooth ripe pussy.
>>
>>503484
>Critics who treat adult as a term of approval
Read again, my friend. I was explaining biology not sociology.
>>
>>503483
see >>503485
That is why men like these shows and why they are targeted at the adult male demographic.
>>
>>503485
Why watch them doing a bunch of stupid cutesy shit instead of something that actually involves sexuality though? There's no other answer for this other than repressed homosexuality. Some mentally ill faggots do take the "I want to be the little girl" meme seriously and start crossdressing or taking hormones because of watching these shows.
>>
>>503490
> targeted at the adult male demographic

K-ON, Love Live, Idolm@ster, Yuru Yuri, etc all have huge female fanbases.
>>
>>503477
People who call homosexuality a mental illness can safely be assumed to have a mental illness themselves.
>>
>>503500
Get stoned faggot
>>
>>503500
Let's assume you are correct; so how does it change anything? Mental illnesses of any kind aren't something that should be encouraged or celebrated. They should be treated.
>>
File: 1460834826458.jpg (57 KB, 419x433) Image search: [Google]
1460834826458.jpg
57 KB, 419x433
>>503148
>Posting smug anime girls is also a very new thing.
Saying this doesn't make it true.
>>
If you guys still don't believe me that moeshitters are faggots, then take a look at these posts:

>>>/pol/71621050
>>>/pol/71621218
>>>/pol/71621426

At least he's on the right path for trying to fix his condition.
>>
>>503514
Love Lab isn't moeshit. It's a psychological anime, not unlike Texhnolyze. I'm guessing that poster hasn't actually watched it.
>>
>>503504
Exactly. Homophobes should have their mental illnesses treated so that they learn to stop treating homosexuals as aberrations.
>>
>>503523
IT'S 2016 YOU SHITOLRD COME ON
>>
File: 1461045486923.gif (434 KB, 500x720) Image search: [Google]
1461045486923.gif
434 KB, 500x720
>>503514
And of course; someone makes a generalization about all anime because of the moeshitters being faggots and shitting the thread up with ERPing: >>>/pol/71623454
>>>/pol/71623581

This thread couldn't have happened at a better time. It encompasses everything we're talking about here.
>>
>>503520
I haven't either, but judging by the visuals and the theme alone it does seem like a moe show. Much, much more than something like Kino's Journey by the way.
>>
>>503525
You need to stop worrying about people who generalize. A rare few of them legitimately believe it (and are still not worth trying to correct) but most of them are just shitposting. There's no way to "fix" their behavior, because they're doing it to annoy you.
>>
File: 75069l.jpg (67 KB, 315x450) Image search: [Google]
75069l.jpg
67 KB, 315x450
>>503527
Yeah, there's a number of shows that look like that but are actually quite dark and heavy. I think they like to toy with expectations because they know how superficial people can be.
>>
>>503530
I guess Madoka is also an example of this, albeit more obvious. Too bad those type of shows still attract the shallow homos who only focus on the cutesy aesthetic and use the characters for ERPing, avatarfagging and so on. Faggots are really cancer.
>>
>>503531
What's especially funny is they do this for dark anime but then for something like Love Live, which makes more sense to describe as a moe show, I've seen all sorts of edgy fanfiction with character death and dismemberment and suicide and all that shit.
>>
>>503116
>Nobody says all Western cartoons are shit because of the awful tumblrina flash garbage that is made these days.
several people have when bashing /co/
>>
>>503485
Is this what pedos tell themselves?
>>
>>503593
If you say so.
>>
I like moe.
>>
>>503603
Me too. I just laugh at people who try to say an entire subgenre isn't good, and then I go about enjoying a wide range of things.
>>
>>503601
Pedo. Whats wrong? Scared of real women? Are they mean to you? :(
>>
File: aeb.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aeb.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
Sometimes smug anime girls don't come from moe anime.
>>
File: tumblr_nj8bt8rQxm1spav39o1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj8bt8rQxm1spav39o1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>mfw I tell someone I've masturbated to them before
>>
>>503262
you mean you didn't have your own spot in your class back in your school days?
we even had to sand and varnish our half at the end of the year
>>
File: a bright girl.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a bright girl.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>504395
Not sure what you're talking about, but he's referring to the anime trope where the protagonist (almost) always sits in the second window seat from the back. Some call it "That Seat" or "the Seat of God."

I believe there's actually a logical reason for it though. If I remember correctly it's something like, it puts them far enough away from the teacher that they can have secret conversations or gaze listlessly out the window without getting so easily caught. It's a safe spot for protagonists because they usually have business unrelated to the actual class and this seat puts them in the perfect position for it. And it's one away from the back because the very back is the spot for social rejects, like pic related.
>>
>>503525
>animeposter is a tranny
I'm guessing they're from [r9k]
>>
>>503262
Why is every western cartoon just a mediocre comedy with terrible animation and art?
>>
>>504604
You mean like Nichijou?
>>
>>504604
>every
>>
File: 1421732908000.jpg (25 KB, 300x326) Image search: [Google]
1421732908000.jpg
25 KB, 300x326
>>504608
Hey now, I don't agree with that guy but Nichijou was great.
>>
>>504715
And it certainly didn't have terrible animation.
>>
>>503126
/a/ has some fine looking folks.
>>
>>503116
I don't know who's trolling who anymore
>>
>>504650
yeah, like >>503262 implied every anime has those cliches

>>504608
exactly.
>>
>>503121
replace animu with MLP and the image is basically the same
>>
>>504650
Not him, but the vast majority of western cartoons are like that.

But then again, a good amount of anime is really bad as well
>>
>Current year
>People giving a bigger shit about the reaction image than what the post is trying to say

Why the fuck would anyone even do this? It's only an ad-hominem at best, but in reality it does absolutely nothing but derail the thread.
>>
>>505087
>exactly.

If you think Nichijou is "exactly" like those shit cartoons you're wrong. Those cartoons wish they could be on Nichijou's level.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.