[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rogue janitor on /vg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: img_1743.jpg (815 KB, 1699x2434) Image search: [Google]
img_1743.jpg
815 KB, 1699x2434
Once again, perfectly legitimate discussions being deleted.

Discuss.

Don't let it die this time! He'll try to to lull you into a false sense of security but don't fall for it!
>>
Obviously you need to link examples, retard.
>>
>>501702
He doesn't have to link anything. If he took the time to make this thread, it is proof that he is truthful. We, as the /qa/ army, are ready for battle.
>>
>>501702

But anon, they got deweted, doy!

It's a slow ass board, mostly just hitting and running for the sake of having a thread back up desu so we can stop impotently moaning every time we get nuked. And impotently moan here instead.
/vg/ knows what's up. If you build it, they will come.

But fine, here's a few
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139248345
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139248839
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139249021
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139249662
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139249903
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139250160
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139245163/#q139257074
>>
>>501706
>/vg/ is a slow ass board
No it is not.
>first thread is for Life is Strange, a ubi(?) published telltalelike that released months ago with no new dlc or anything in sight
Fuck yourself, stop keeping more katawa shojou generals alive. Kill it and move on.
>>
>>501706
You have to link without q after the hash
>>
File: 1429664138634.jpg (31 KB, 726x480) Image search: [Google]
1429664138634.jpg
31 KB, 726x480
>>501703
>We, as the /qa/ army,
>>
File: 1460625787139.jpg (180 KB, 532x783) Image search: [Google]
1460625787139.jpg
180 KB, 532x783
>>501726
>Fuck yourself, stop keeping more katawa shojou generals alive. Kill it and move on.
And who are you to reach that conclusion?
Which games should have generals then?
The ones approved by only you, dear anon?
AAA games only?
Neckbeard approved games only?
Where do you draw the line?
/lisg/ is a fairly active thread, more active than half of the threads on /vg/.

>no new dlc or anything in sight
>a ubi(?) published
If you actually knew what you were talking about, like a sane and smart person would do, you would know that a sequel to LiS is all but confirmed at this point and it has been published by Square Enix, not Ubisoft.

There is a butthurt janitor stalking /lisg/ and deleting literally random posts for no fucking reason.
It is annoying. Your feelings towards the game, anyone's feelings towards the game is irrelevant.
>>
File: frank.png (333 KB, 1277x718) Image search: [Google]
frank.png
333 KB, 1277x718
>>501703
>/qa/ army
>>
>>501726
>>/vg/ is a slow ass board
>No it is not.

/qa/ is a slow ass board
>>
>>502635
>>501726

It'd be one thing if LiS was just outright banned, at least that'd be consistent. But that's not the issue. Posting is just being arbitrarily throttled now and then while simultaneous shitposting runs free.

It's just making the circlejerk worse and created a long string of contentless threads filled with useless, recycled fanart because people don't want to risk sinking time into discussion that will just get removed before anyone even gets a chance to see it. So threads hit the image limit like halfway to the bump limit and /vg/ as a whole is forced to speed up as threads get abandoned more quickly.

And it's not just LiS, last time we had a /qa/ thread plenty of other /vg/ regulars said their threads get regularly shat on too.
>>
File: 1453190583213.jpg (42 KB, 523x461) Image search: [Google]
1453190583213.jpg
42 KB, 523x461
There needs to be established rules for what constitutes as "off-topic" because there are none and the staff are inconsistent with their actions for the same posts. Or as previously said, they delete discussions are are very on-topic (And cannot be debated as otherwise)
I've gotten 3-day bans for "off-topic" posts regarding if a character would like a movie or not. Stupid little discussions just to fill the time. Meanwhile I see other making the same discussion and nothing happens to them.
Those bans came after already having the posts removed and getting a warning that blocked posting for a few minutes. So why as there a ban as well? It was already handled with a warning, so a ban is just excessive. If a post was that offending give out a ban immediately- but make sure it actually breaks some documented rule and not just "meh. I don't like this."

What it boils down to is either set a CLEAR set of rules for all of /vg/ and when posts are deleted, and users banned, make sure they violate those rules. Because as of right now it just seems to be people abusing powers and targeting specific threads/ posters. And that is bullshit.
>>
>>502677
Is that a real line from the game? It's obviously not from that scene since it's blatantly edited on but now I'm curious. I thought Life is Strange was respected for representing how teens naturally speak. I've never heard anyone say "are you cereal" in real life.
>>
>>>/vg/139431309
>>>/vg/139431740
>directly complaining about moderation, while tangentially snarking about the game
>totally fine

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139425053/#139431309
>directly posting something related to the game, something that is regularly joked about in many forms and has been for months, while tangentially snarking about moderation
>deleted, probably banned again
>>
File: 1460737544302.jpg (39 KB, 525x395) Image search: [Google]
1460737544302.jpg
39 KB, 525x395
This is nice water!
>>
>>502691
Can someone edit that water to say "bitch tears"?
>>
File: 1460597609175.png (251 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
1460597609175.png
251 KB, 800x448
>>502694
Nice
>>
>>502687

It is from that scene, just blown up to crop out the dead space of a much wider frame.
It's self-effacing in this scene, but she said it unironicaly earlier (but was eyerolled by a friend for it, so still not totally straight faced).

The game's dialogue is pretty cringey, but real teenagers are way cringier. The dialogue fluctuates pretty wildly between feeling embarrassingly authentic and embarrassingly inauthentic.

But any respect Life Is Strange gets has to be contextualised as respect as a video game, in a genre video games very rarely pursue. So there's not exactly a lot of quality competition, or rich storytelling history for it to live up to.
>>
>>502677

Janitors can only delete posts and recommend bans (not sure about warnings), so the delayed ban was probably just a case of a mod eventually getting online, seeing the ban request, and figuring "yeah sure fair enough" without full context that other people were doing the same thing (and either should also be banned, or should result in you being let off the hook as engaging in acceptable discussion).

The janitor is just a vindictive faggot. He's not confused about the rules at all.
>>
>>501726
>I don't like something that is within the rules so it shouldn't exist.

Janny is that you?
>>
File: kate.jpg (40 KB, 425x516) Image search: [Google]
kate.jpg
40 KB, 425x516
>>501726
>Fuck yourself, stop keeping more katawa shojou generals alive. Kill it and move on.
Is it hurting your feelings?
>>
>>502671
>>502677
These.

It's one thing to delete the silly "character X a cute!" posts. If it's decided that those kinds of admittedly low-quality posts are "off-topic or spam", so be it. The problem comes when most of these kinds of posts are left untouched, with the janny swooping down on only an occasional few. Consistency is key to good moderation. Are they actually allowed by the rules, and it's just a single janny taking exception? We don't know, we're getting mixed messages.

But it's worse than that. The LIS threads have seen a number of on-topic, multi-paragraph posts about character motivation, plot direction, the themes of the game, interpretations of the endings, etc, deleted for no apparent reason. Posts which were usually part of a larger discussion. The kinds of discussion that you would hope /vg/ is supposed to be about. Who wants to put the time into actually discussing things properly if there's a risk of the thread being totally derailed by a janny who just dgaf?

We've also had clear examples of lazy janitorial work, where there will be a good, on-topic discussion post nested between a few "character X a shit" type posts. The janny seemingly just sees a few posts that look like spam, and deletes all of them without actually checking their contents. It's understandable that this sort of thing will happen from time to time, but it's not something you should expect to keep happening.

The silly cute-posting in /lisg/ is nice, but if the mods/janitors decide they want to cut down on that sort of content, fine. But please, consistency would be nice! These threads have been going for over a year now with seemingly no issue (and no real moderation/janitorial work through periods of heavy spam when we DID need it). But now, all of a sudden, it's a crap-shoot as to whether posts that have always been fine and acceptable will be deleted (let alone proper multi-paragraph, multi-post discussion comments about the game).
>>
>>503052
Nostalgia is the cancer of innovation.
Let it die and let someone refill the void.
>>
>>503137
>let it die and let someone refill the void
Are you saying that a better general will automatically take it's place? Or are you assuming that /lisg/ is the only thing in my life.

Because you're wrong on both counts.
>>
>There's an idiot janitor who keeps deleting the image shown in this post >>503052, which is an image of one of the Life is Strange cast and therefore completely on-topic in /lisg/.
>>
File: Clipboard02484558.png (497 KB, 1786x798) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02484558.png
497 KB, 1786x798
Some retard spamming vitagen several times a day with images and 3DPD for the last week has been complaining about a janitor and linking people to this post. He seems to have been upset that the thread was talking about anime girls and going off-topic. Then he starts spamming the thread when it's been perfectly fine and had people actually discussing the Vita. He then complains about the janitor deleting his shit.

He's super fucking buttmad about it. I don't understand how he thinks shitting up /vg/ is a solution to this, by creating more work for janitors to clean up? I wonder what's the connection between the spammer and this complaint.

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139733970/#139761585
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139484730/#139539347
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139484730/#139535724
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139484730/#139529109
>>
>>505476
It's a 4chan pass abuse.

The mods and janitors need to start banning 4chan passes if they want to stop this for real.
>>
>>505478
But then no one will buy those anymore
>>
>>505480
Last I checked, it's supposed to run on a "abuse it, you lose it" anyway. If it IS a 4chan pass abuse, it should be gone by now.
>>
>>>/vg/139849730
>>>/vg/139849482
Pretty obvious it's the same guy complaining about this while simultaneously working hard to shit up /vg/. Otherwise why would he link to this /qa/ thread after his spam session? >>>/vg/139847685
>>
It's just one retard who deletes his own posts
>>
Personally I feel like the janitors aren't deleting enough, rather than deleting too much. Naturally we can't expect them to monitor every thread in every board but some of these generals are just terrible. So terrible.

Like the Neptunia general. Man, I WISH people just made useless posts like "X is best girl" or "Y is cute!" all the time because it's mostly complaining about other members in the general rather than anything about the series itself.
>>
>>505483
Perhaps because /lisg/ has suffered repeated janitorial idiocy, and has thus far seen no improvement inspite of repeated past complaints?
>>
>>502635
KS general basically has nothing to do with the game and hasn't for years

It's literally a /soc/ tier circlejerk that has gone on long enough

They're free to take their cancerposting to /soc/ but they can get the fuck right out of /vg/.
>>
>>505513
Yeah, sorry, I'd sympathize but it's really hard to take you seriously when you shit up other generals for no reason.
>>
>>505515
What the hell are you talking about?
You link to some random spam posts, then say it's "obvious" it's the same guy.
>>
>>505520
1. spams vitagen with 20 images on a daily basis
2. usually concludes with complaining about janitor deleting his posts
3. this time he links to this /qa/ thread right after a spamming run finishes (keep in mind that no one in vitagen has really complained about the janitor before)
4. starts spamming the general with posts from here
5. also apparently copypastas this /qa/ thread to ps4gen and shits that place up too
>>
>>505483

No idea who this guy you're talking about is, but there have been plenty of people complaining about janitors deleting legitimate posts, as shown itt, and this isn't the first thread we've had about it. If some spamming asshat is co opting the issue as an excuse to spam, that's a seperate problem and he can go fuck himself. That doesn't negate the issue of this thread.
>>
>>505509

The problem is that they (or at least one) are deleting legitimate discussion while ignoring actual shitposts. It's not even like legit posts are just being caught in the crossfire while blitzing spam, legitimate posts are being targeted and shit posts are being ignored.

We'd all be plenty happy with just shitposts being deleted.
>>
>>505541

Faggot's gonna fag. Has nothing to do with us.
>>
>>502637
>not being in the /qa/rmy
fag
>>
Keep it alive
>>
>>502687
>I thought Life is Strange was respected for representing how teens naturally speak.
it actually never was.

>I've never heard anyone say "are you cereal" in real life.
did you know that people all over the world have their own tiny micro cultures and sometimes say words you might be not familiar with

>>502671
>It'd be one thing if LiS was just outright banned, at least that'd be consistent.

No, it wouldn't. It has as much right to exist as any other general.
>>
>deletes ontopic posts
>leaves erp garbage up
>>
>>501700
/vg/ is cancerous as fuck and the whole board should be deleted until retards fuck off and it can be reborn anew
>>
So is it one guy who keeps bumping this thread or what?

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/139995950/#140054101
>>
File: vitagen mods.png (8 KB, 384x131) Image search: [Google]
vitagen mods.png
8 KB, 384x131
ngl this is pretty silly

>>>/vg/140053849
>>>/vg/140053850
>>
>>507579
Can't fap to ontopic posts, I guess.
>>
It's the same guy spamming both vitagen and lisg, who will finish his spamming with complaining about the janitor and linking here.

https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1460909200718/

So people like >>502635 are so buttmad about janitors deleting too many posts that he's creating more noise for them to delete? What's the endgame here?

Does he think that spamming generals with offtopic shit on a daily basis will change public attitudes to want all offtopic stuff removed?
>>
>>508366
Just let it go man, it's not worth it
>>
>>508396
Not worth what?
>>
>>508396
Not worth investigating what kind of retard is spamming a general multiple times a day?
>>
>>508399
Your effort and time, he'll just keep trolling and he'll get tired of it eventually. Let janitors focus on more important things.
>>
>>>/vg/140111960
>>508402
What I don't get is how autistic someone has to be to falseflag for something that doesn't affect him. Is this supposed to be fun for him? I don't get it at all.

>tfw you'll never be autistic
>>
>>508403
But jani deleted all his post except the hamster one, they're probably friends?
>>>/vg/140108415
>>
>>508405
The hamster is kind of cute. I think the janny thought that no one would mind... and I don't really
>>
>>508406
Yea, I guess.
>>
>>508402

Yeah. Like deleting on topic discussion.

Fuck the spammer, he's been around for a while now, generally gets his shit deleted well enough from what I've seen, and can more or less be ignored.

But shiteating janny throttling discussion has been a problem for a long while now.
Tbh spammer and janny may well be the same person, before the spammer came along there was autistic but less intrusive spamming that always got mysteriously ignored by janitors.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.