[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok Hiro, it's been fun but can we please get the ability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: 1456614801053.jpg (106 KB, 552x674) Image search: [Google]
1456614801053.jpg
106 KB, 552x674
Ok Hiro, it's been fun but can we please get the ability to say t.b.h, f.a.m, and s.m.h again?
>>
NEVER
E
V
E
R
>>
Why? We need more wordfilters desu
>>
>>500205
This.

Also Gookmoot needs to add more filters for baka, desu and senpai because of fags like OP feel the need to bypass them for some reason.
>>
>>500198
No "we" can't.
>>
>>500205
If you wanted to bring back desu you could have just started using desu, desu.

These aren't fun filters like the good old candyass and roodypoo days, they're specifically designed to prevent the flow meme language because someone didn't get the joke.

Some of us are starved, we just want to end sentences with to be honest familia again without it becoming the deadest horse of all memes.
>>
>>500217
It's just twitter niggerspeak senpai. Word filters are more fun anyways.
>>
>>500217
>candyass and roodypoo days
Those weren't "for fun" either.
>we just want
>we
Stop doing this.
>>
>>500217
>without it becoming the deadest horse of all memes.
too late desu senpai yo
>>
>>500211
tbqh, 2bh, tßh, tbdh, tbfh, smdh, famalam, familia

should cover most of it
>>
>>500220
>It's just twitter niggerspeak
yes, that's the joke.

>>500230
>Those weren't for fun
Anon they were brightly colored and filtered core parts of our vocabulary that had been in use for years. Sure people were salty in the beginning but their distinctiveness grew on people.

These filters are dull weeb shit and tired dead memes, not even equivalents to the word they're filtering.
>>
>>500237
If by "brightly colored and filtered core parts of our vocabulary" you mean the words "ponies" and "nigger" and "bronies" then I'm not sure I agree.
>>
File: FeelsFrog.jpg (11 KB, 277x329) Image search: [Google]
FeelsFrog.jpg
11 KB, 277x329
>>500198
When will this stupid Halloween prank end?
A Halloween prank is supposed to end, like how the April fools names did. This is ridiculous.

Shake My Head To Be Honest Family.
>>
>>500242

I don't remember "ponies" or "bronies", I don't even think this was during the /mlp/ thing, this had to have started at least in 08.

It was nigger = roodypoo
fag/faggot = candyass
moot = sigourney weaver but also something else
one word merely became all caps.

I think snacks filtered to something too.
>>
File: 1446335058128.png (294 KB, 392x714) Image search: [Google]
1446335058128.png
294 KB, 392x714
>>500237
>>500246
Why do you miss those stale ass memes anyways? Do you honestly miss seeing every single post end with desu senpai?
>>
>>500251
Yes, they never even made it being stale. They're just another meme victim of anti-meme mods.

Look at history, think of all the memes the mods shut down before eventually accepting them.
>>
baka, hiro needs to bring them back desu senpai
>>
>>500264
no he doesn't. the vast majority of 4chan is glad it's there.
>>
>>500235
Tbh
>>
These filters are a special case because they're the first example of something that people straight up post without any meaning. Before the filters were in place it was not uncommon for every other post to be those three acronyms. Putting a filter in place made the people who posted them look like complete idiots, and put an end to the worst spam this site has ever faced.
>>
>>500318
>worst spam this website has ever faced
No I do not believe it would top the Kimmo spamming.

>First example of something people use without meaning.
You mean like Desu?

They weren't spam, they were phrases with meaning. You say to be honest when you're expressing an opinion you're honest about. You say senpai in the same context that you say "man", or "dude" or some other eccentric "pet name" for a stranger.

You just saw a new meme and hated it like every other contrarian faggot that can't get over the ironic era.
>>
>>500324
You don't understand. Every single post would be "shaking my head to be honest family." Not even responding to anything. It was most certainly on the level of the Anon Talk spam. The only difference is that there was no link to someone's website.
>>
>>500235
твн
>>
>>500326

Shitposters are going to shipost, what they shitpost with doesn't matter.

Most of it's use still made sense, we need it back.
>>
>>500337
>we need it back.
No we don't and the fact you even tried to imply that means they should stay as you seem to have missed the joke.
>>
>>500337
>what they shitpost with doesn't matter

By that logic you don't need anything back, because the only use of those acronyms is to shitpost. If it doesn't matter, use something else.
>>
>>500339
The fact that you don't want them back means they should be back.

>>500342
They were used according to what they mean.
>>
>>500344
>The fact that you don't want them back means they should be back.

So you admit you're shitposting and thus you don't actually need those acronyms.

>They were used according to what they mean.

No, they were not.
>>
>>500347

>You admit your shitposting
Nigger, you're shitposting.

>No, they were not
Yes, they were.
>>
>>500344
>you don't want them
Never said or implied this, mate. I'm incredibly indifferent to them, but, the fact you imply they matter or 'needed' shows you are the problem and they should stay filtered. Shit comes and shit goes. If you can't move the fuck on, then fuck off. They were filtered because that nigger speak was juat being used as an excuse to blatantly shitpost and disregard actually make half-decent posts and instead just make them /b/ acronym posts and because it upsets stupid idiots like you who missed the joke. It was annoying, but more importantly, it deprived actual fun from the place. The notion that it upsets people that they can't use them and have to /actually/ move onto is a simple reason to never move the filter.

4chan isn't a shitposting meme factory, it is a alternate fun discussion image board. If being prevented from repeating the same meme ad infinitum and being forced to maybe actually try to be original upsets you, then maybe you should fuck off?

tldr; It should stay filtered because your tears fuel me.
>>
>>500356
The lack of any real response confirms you are shitposting.
>>
>>500358

Forcing memes to leave is the same as forcing memes in the first place, It's cancer. You aren't the director of what the community should or should not do, the collective decides and if the collective starts some meme that you think is cancerous than you're shit out of luck. You are but one contrarian faggot.

The only faggots who go against this are the mods, who have historically taken efforts to control what 4chan "puts out" only to fail and eventually grow to like whatever "garbage" they tried to stop in the first place.

>4chan isn't a shitpost meme factory
You know little of our history. We've always been able to have discussion, but also do whatever the fuck we wanted in a constant shit-fight with the mods. Memes just happened out of the cultural cesspool of discussion and creativity, which of course even shitposting is a part of.

You can say "Oh we aren't this meme haven" and keep spewing shit about Reddit but the ironic thing is, is Reddit latched onto use like the parasites they are because we were essentially a "meme factory" with culture they wish they had.

4chan = memes, just because you came during a period where 4chan tried to kill itself because Reddit was invading doesn't change the fact that we were a big meme spewing anus and that at some point memes were as unironic as they ever will be.
>>
>>500324
>You mean like Desu?
yes, and so it is fitting, no?
>>
>>500393

2bh had meaning
>>
>>500198
its when the real mutwe moving meme came out and the fcg moved to google that we all thew
the last thing we need is 100,00 bantni but collected ti be df d
?
?
>4
>>
>>500388
To amake that short, you have no idea what you are talking about, but, more importantly, you are upset that your joke that was long past its expiration date was turned against you to make you the butt of everyone elses joke.

The more that people complain about the filters, the more they should stay as you have completly missed the joke and the point of the site.

>4chan is a meme factory
"no"
>>
>>500415

The point of this site isn't to suck the mods' dick familia. So let's keep pushing for Hiro to remove the filters from a long expired Halloween joke.
>>
>>500266
>the vast majority
Stop doing this.
>>
>>500217
Shut the fuck up you candyass roody poo
>>
>>500198
Dumb ghettoposter
>>
>>500249
Moot is olev
Olev is moot
Olev is a fag pass it on
>>
>>500419
If he had any intention of removing them, he would have done it when he removed the cuck filter. Deal with it, retard.
>>
>>500514

I was in that thread, Hiro had difficulty understanding what people were asking him, he was pretty much unaware of the filters. We had to first explain to him what cuck meant and why we should get it back. At some point he finally understood it removed the filter.

The other things weren't removed because it took long enough to convince him to remove the cuck filter, I don't think he knew anything else was filtered and had left the thread before we could start the process again.
>>
>>500678
I was in that thread too and your full of shit. Hiro said the wordfilters take up too many system resources and he had to get rid of one. He said it might as well be a word that they had no problem saying on a news show. He already knew what the filters were and purposely didn't remove the others because they serve a good purpose.

Here's the link to the thread btw:
https://desustorage.org/qa/thread/379749/#q379749
>>
>>500481
You know it's true though.
>>
>>500680

>Makes a few off statements about it saving resources.

That's all I found, he still makes it clear he has no idea what the point to it all is, there is no "intent" to keep the filters. Again, they weren't removed because the thread wasn't asking for their removal, in addition to faggots telling him to keep the other filters.

We could still get them removed should Hiro show up again, he literally does not care.
>>
File: 1443717910378.jpg (600 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
1443717910378.jpg
600 KB, 1000x663
>>500681

Only half of the entire /qa/ population wants them there, hence why you faggots never leave.
>>
>>500688
>he thinks it's just half and just /qa/
Keep dreaming kid. The filters aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Go back to twitter.
>>
>>500695
It literally is, the majority wouldn't mind getting it back considering they use alternatives teebee-H
>>
>>500697
>the majority wouldn't mind getting it back
Where do you even get this shit from? Your ass?
>>
>>500698
inb4 rigged strawpolls from le 8gag army
>>
>>500698
If you spent any time out of /qa/ you'd just see it. Unfortunately this board draws in too many faggots that simply want to control what people do here. It should be deleted like /q/.
>>
It's time to bring them back.
And let me remind you all that 4chan has NEVER had permanent wordfilters. It's just a temporary thing.
t.b.h. will come back sooner or later.
>>
>>500402
go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1460251512899.jpg (399 KB, 1777x1754) Image search: [Google]
1460251512899.jpg
399 KB, 1777x1754
>>500740
No can do famanan
>>
>>500701
I do spend time out of /qa/. That's how I know that it's just you and 5 other twitterposting faggots that want to get rid of the filters. If /qa/ needs to be deleted it's because of faggots like you who come here and pretend to represent a majority of something.
>>
>>500760

/qa/ needs to be deleted because of faggots like you that want to control what people can do.

You're just going to keep bitching until /pol/ is deleted among other stupid shot.
>>
If you shitpost memes at all you're a bad person. The fact that you have this "craving" to put some retarded kiddie babble at the end of your posts is hilarious. An IQ that low belongs on /pol/.

Stop talking like you're a real person you mindless, repetitious piece of garbage.
>>
>>500769
I'm from /pol/, jackass. Why would I want it to be deleted? You, however, are clearly not from /pol/ or you would have better strawmen than "you want to delete /pol/!!".

>>500888
Hey there guy, it's fine to not like /pol/ for a variety of reasons but don't put us in the same boat with the underage niggerspeak faggots, please.
>>
File: Selection_289.png (748 KB, 1013x694) Image search: [Google]
Selection_289.png
748 KB, 1013x694
You'll just have to find another way to express yourself.
>>
These filters have greatly increased the clickviews of the Sydney Morning Herald site to fabricate a flimsy excuse to clamour for the removal of the filters.
And I find that much more amusing than niggerspeak acronyms.
>>
>>500892
I'm not even talking about you or any one person, /qa/, much like /q/, is nothing but a "lets see how much we can fuck 4chan through convincing the admin".

The difference is moot didn't listen to anyone, Hiro just doesn't care.

Both boards are pretty much people asking for /pol/ to be deleted, or to filter x, or remove y.

I don't care if you're from /pol/, you're still some faggot trying limit the freedom of the board and control the culture because you don't like X.
>>
>>501001
>Both boards are pretty much people asking for /pol/ to be deleted, or to filter x, or remove y.
There hasn't been a delete /pol/ thread in over a month.

>muh freeze peach
This is a privately owned website and you never had any guarantee of free speech. Get the fuck over it already and quit whining because you can't use your twitter words here.
>>
File: 1439903392191.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
1439903392191.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>500198
You don't like cute? desu baka senpai.
>>
>>501001
offbyone kenobi

checkmate
>>
We need more filters like it.

lmao=ohohoho
sigh=uwah
"kys"=
lol=
>>
File: the more you know.gif (1 MB, 289x155) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.gif
1 MB, 289x155
>>500249
missingno
>>
>>501497
>"kys"=
koroshite
>lol=
w

And before someone corrects me, it was intentional.
>>
>>501497
>>501569
approve+
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.