[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally learn Japanese at a decent level after 2 years of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: laughing crustacean.jpg (53 KB, 442x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing crustacean.jpg
53 KB, 442x400
>finally learn Japanese at a decent level after 2 years of study
>get to browse futaba (2chan)
>mfw it's superior to this piece of shit in every way and I'm soon going to quit coming here once I succeed in mastering the Japanese language completely

Seriously, you guys have no idea how good it is to browse a chan with barely any normalfags, newfags, autistic memers and shitposters. It's like a dream come true. Every single one of their equivalent boards is vastly superior to ours.
>>
Bye
>>
how's their /lit/
>>
>>498503
Nonexistent
>>
>implying the Japanese don't have normalfags, newfags, autistic memers and shitposters

Hell, their shitposters are even worse. You just like it more because you don't hate their memes. To be fair, since Japanese people that aren't Sui Ishida know nothing about Pepe, browsing a site without stupid frogs would certainly be a better experience.
>>
>>498504
well fuck that
>>
File: 1460737895062.jpg (60 KB, 427x431) Image search: [Google]
1460737895062.jpg
60 KB, 427x431
>>498505
They have, but it's very minimal compared to their proportion here. Futaba is populated predominantly by otaku (of varying interests) from what I've seen so far. Their most shitposting heavy board is their version of /pol/ since they can't stop shitting on Koreans or Chinese for one second. And their memes and are much more tasteful and less obnoxious.
>>
>>498510
No, you're just enamored by the fact it's foreign. Fuck off to your promised land and stay there.
>>
>>498510
Sounds a lot like the legendary "anime website" people keep talking about on /qa/.
>>
>>498515
and he brings it on back, well done
>>
>>498513
It's not hard to be a better website than this garbage, you know. 4chan was destroyed by redditors, drama over SJWs, internet slackstivism and normalfags immigrants. These things are a non-issue over there.
>>
>>498520
Then just stay there. And yes, Futaba has all that stupid shit as well so stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>498521
Are you sure you aren't confusing futaba (the imageboard) with 2ch (the text board)? 2ch is for normalfags, futaba is for otaku.
>>
>>498520
Matome would put 9gag and Reddit to shame in how awful it was.
>>
It's an otaku site.
>>
>>498524
Futaba is still the same old boring garbage 24/7. It's also as mainstream as /v/ or /pol/ in Japan considering how tightknit the websites there are.
>>
>>498524
Futaba is still the same old boring garbage 24/7. It's also as mainstream as /v/ or /pol/ in Japan considering how tightknit the websites there are.
>>
>>498515
>Being this upset that you are still a shit-eating EOP.
>>
>>498499
>a chan with barely any autistic memers
あの…
>>
>>498536
>projecting this hard onto a very calmly worded post

Hmmm.
>>
>>498536
>>498546
>>498515
stop this, go to the archive if you want to hash this out again
>>
Same boat OP.

I believe the difference is cultural and even if their boards were infested with japanese normalfags they'd still be more interesting than ours for one reason:
Japanese people have more of a "group mentality".

When I think back to old 4chan too this is the feeling I think it used to give me. I think there was more of a group mentality here too. People being less serious and posting things, even humor, in a way that they thought contributed to the thread, or complimented the tone/purpose of the thread to make it more amusing.
>>
>>498551
Forgot to mention that by contrast, western cultures aggressively push the "individual mentality". Which is why everyone likes to argue and defend meaningless posts even though they're anonymous and it doesn't matter anyway. Because we have more of a "that's me, that's my post" mentality than a "my post belongs to the board" mentality.
>>
>>498551
Kita Circlejerks sure are interesting mmmmhmmm
>>
File: 1450386298141.jpg (39 KB, 444x655) Image search: [Google]
1450386298141.jpg
39 KB, 444x655
>>498499
>>498510
>being the unironic embodiment of a weeaboo
holy fucking shit dude. At least the average /a/utist knows well enough to keep it in their pants so they don't embarrass themselves. Also
>>498513
The fact that he's still here in spite of futaba being better makes it clear he's never going to fuck off no matter what he says. Ain't got time for that shit when you can waste your days bragging about what a weeb you are.
>>
>>498554
How are they circlejerks?
>>
>>498556
>namefag who spends hours every day spamming dead 8ch boards with videos of a guy eating shit
Your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>498557
All of Futaba is an insular unchanging circlejerk. It isn't a bad thing if you're into that stuff, but don't act like it's supposed to be anything more as well.
>>
File: 1444622075023.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1444622075023.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>498556
>being a pleb weeaboo who doesn't know Japanese missing out on tons of great untranslated manga and videogames

Your loss.

And I've clearly said I didn't master Japanese completely in my post, so I can only lurk futaba with a dictionary next to me, not post, or else I would be made fun of for my inevitable grammatical mistakes.
>>
>>498560
Not to be offensive, but I actually do doubt that you know what cirlcejerk means.
They're all anonymous. Can you show me even a single thread on there that you would consider to be a circlejerk?
>>
>>498562
Then stay there. No one outside Japan honestly cares about Futaba.
>>
>>498562
So what's the first thing you read raw with your amazing level of Japanese (that doesn't even let you compose passable sentences?)
>>
>>498564
Hello Mr. Brownpill, you forgot your name.
>>
>>498562
You will be made fun of no matter what. You will always be an outsider there, gaijin.
>>
>>498567
Imagine a Japanese person diligently studying English for years on end just so he could pass as a newfag on 4chan.
>>
>>498563
Look at any of the ニュース表 threads on China or Korea. Not to mention their awful obsession in shitty mobile and social games.
>>
>>498565
I can compose basic sentences, but mistakes would be inevitable.

>>498567
It's not like they need to know where I'm from.
>>
Why are you still here
>>
If you like it so much go back there
>>
Gross, there's a tripfag in the thread now.
This would never happen on 2chan.
>>
>>498579
>muh superior Japanese taste

*tips fedora, but it's actually a complicated sleight of hand trick and before you realize it you have been impaled upon my katana*
>>
>>498579
I am sorry but I was forced to adopt a trip
There were too many imposters when I was just a namefig
>>
4chan just needs to get rid of post linking, like futaba.

Imagine it, long tedious arguments would be impossible to maintain and easy to disrupt.
Thread quality would go through the roof.
>>
The poster above me is stupid
>>
no u
>>
>>498587
fore!
>>498588
dubs
>>498589
because 7s
>>
That is pretentious as fuck, Anonymous number 498587, and you should die for posting it. Or as they say in my home language, shine.
>>
Like I'm going to fucking go looking for that post number wwwww
get real dude.
>>
File: 1428305581750.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1428305581750.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>498559
>still taking the bait
wow man
>>498566
literally what
>>498576
>impersonating milkless cereal
How incredibly rude of you. He's going to be pretty angry when I tell him about this
>>498587
post linking did nothing wrong
>>
Oh my, all that post linking.

Such concise replies, I'm so glad you were able to clear all of that up for us. Thanks.
>>
>>498602
But I an the original
Perhaps you befriended one of my many imposters
>>
>>498604
Good thing this site has no intention of catering to annoying faggots such as yourself.
>>
Please don't quote my posts. I don't give you my permission.
>>
>>498620
>>498620
>>498620
>>498620
>>498620
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1423452978351.png (204 KB, 391x496) Image search: [Google]
1423452978351.png
204 KB, 391x496
>>498604
>passive aggressive
>too retarded to realize when you're getting rused
you might be a faggot, anon
>>
You cannot ruse a ruseman
>>
>>498624
The post of a defeated man
>>
File: 1459964134209.jpg (22 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1459964134209.jpg
22 KB, 182x249
>>498602
>be me
>be on /b/ and /pol/ for the past 2 days
>come back
>see 5 threads about me
>mfw
>>
>>498499
Forgot
自殺を考えます。
>>
>liking futaba, the place that threw a shitfit about Emi Nitta and tried to kill her because they thought they saw her in an AV

You're an even bigger manchild than the people on that site, because you're a pathetic gaijin who thinks it's his calling to fit in with these trashy otaku.
>>
>>498499
No it's not

They barely use images there and they're boring as fuck, it's basically /r9k/
>>
>>498753
>They barely use images there
And that's bad because...?
>>
>>499109
I don't fucking know japanese you stupid cuck
>>
>>499110
are you really this stupid or just pretending?
>>
>>498510
>Futaba is populated predominantly by otaku (of varying interests)
True, it's NOT an anime website.
>>
>>498499
Yea, ok.
>>
File: The Fastest.jpg (144 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
The Fastest.jpg
144 KB, 850x850
>>498668
this tbqh

>>499109
imageboards are for imageposting. Use a textboard if you don't want images (and rapidly find out that even popular English textboards like /prog/ are slow as dicks since barely anyone uses them).
>>
>>498499
Good luck with that.
>You can't post unless you have a Japanese IP
>The whole site gets less than half the posts of /qa/ per day

Have fun with that.

>>498532
Futaba has not been relevant since '07 at most, and at most gets around 100 posts per day.
>>
>>499145
>imageboards are for imageposting.
Imageboards are for discussion with images, not attaching random pics to your posts so they can get more attention.

>Sir Reginald Brownpill
Oh, right.
>>
>>498499
Just realized that this must be a troll, an attempt to show how pathetic weebs are. This can't be a real honest post, it just can't.
>>
>>499170
yo'ure a nigger lol
>>
>>499170
You figured me out. That took a depressingly long time. In honesty, I think removing post linking would be a horrible idea.
>>
>>499178
>That took a depressingly long time.
People figured out that you were full of shit from post one.
>>
>>499186
kek. I'm the "remove post linking guy" from this thread, and I'm the one who made the new thread about it too.

I'm not the OP of this thread though, I have no idea why everyone started thinking that.

I also don't know why some of you seem to be genuinely troubled.
Obviously you can't say one site is objectively better than any other, but 2ch/futaba have fairly different culture from 4chan. Some people are going to like it more, some people
aren't.
OP is someone who likes it. Why does that surprise you?
>>
>>499191
Because most of the former Futabafags moved to Twitter and Reddit.
>>
Why is it that all the people who seem to prefer a relaxing and fun imageboard experience all seem to have more respect for futaba, 2ch and japanese culture in general.

It always seems to be nothing but edgelords that don't.
>>
>>499191
>I'm not the OP of this thread though, I have no idea why everyone started thinking that.

Same overly cocky "Japanese master race" attitude.
>>
>>499191
The problem with the OP is not that he likes Futaba, but that he is setting himself up as an expert on Japanese imageboard culture when he's not able to speak the language.

Imagine someone pretending to know all about 4chan and talked about how great it was despite the fact that his English was so bad he had never made a single post for fear of being shit on.
>>
>>499200
All my posts were just having fun so I don't know what you mean.
Why is everyone so quick to jump down peoples throats?
>>
>>499202
This is OP:

"Gomenasai /qa/, my name is Ken-Sama.

I'm a 27 year old American Otaku. I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, God Hand)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer for Square Enix!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!"
>>
>>499224
oh look this old yarn

yawn
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 260x146
>>498499
>>
>>498596
That was truly a dumb Detective Conan-episode.
>>
>>499207
Because some of the posts on this board are so fucking stupid that they make us angry about all the other posts.
>>
>>499525
I'm amused that someone thought of that. I did have that in mind when I made that post but I didn't think anyone here would know it.
>>
>>499154
I live in Canada and I've never had a problem posting there.
>>
File: i1859^cimgpsh_orig.png (98 KB, 402x512) Image search: [Google]
i1859^cimgpsh_orig.png
98 KB, 402x512
-1 weeaboo
>>
>>500084
Until you grow up and become a weeb yourself. Then we'll break even.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.