[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do /a/ and /jp/ hate each other?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: rude.png (5 KB, 528x66) Image search: [Google]
rude.png
5 KB, 528x66
Why do /a/ and /jp/ hate each other?
>>
>>495927
Every other board hates /a/, not just /jp/.
>>
sibling rivalry
>>
>>495927
Every board hates /a/
Especially /b/
>>
>>495942
You mean /v/.
>>
>>495959
Them too
>>
>>495942
that's just because smug anime girl is the WMD of all chans.
>>
>>495942
I think this is mostly in self-defense.
>>
>>495962
True
>>496044
Varies on board
>>
>>495942
That's the first time I heard that.
They mention and insult each other constantly because they talk about similar subjects.
Is like asking why /v/, /vg/, /vr/, and /vp/ hate each other.
>>
>>495959
/toy/ hates /v/
>>
>>495959
everyone hates /a/ and /v/
>>
File: 1458421631646.jpg (62 KB, 640x312) Image search: [Google]
1458421631646.jpg
62 KB, 640x312
>>495927
/a/ has followed in the steps of GROR
IOUS NIPPON and has taken up a policy of isolationism to preserve whatever board culture they have left.

Basically they're really tsun for every other board.

They like /k/ /out/ and /o/ though
>>
>>495927
/jp/ hates every board, including /jp/.
>>
>>496142
wait, so they're /v/ in disguise?
>>
Some people on /a/ don't like /jp/ because they're elitist toward EOPs on /a/ the same way /a/ is elitist toward anime casuals and normalfags on /v/, /co/, etc. So the EOPs on /a/ get really butthurt and bitter toward /jp/, just like how /v/, /co/ etc posters are all butthurt toward /a/.

This is the modern state of things for the most part, because the old grievances between /a/ and /jp/ are mostly forgotten since /a/ is 90% newfags who started posting on the board after /jp/ was split from /a/.
>>
>>495927
You'd think they'd like each other somewhat since /a/ and /jp/ like monster girls.
>>
>>496189
/jp/ does not like monster girls. It's just a bunch of /a/ refugees in their general.
>>
>>496062
Everyone hates /v/, so no surprise there.
I'm not sure what the others think of /vp/, but /vp/ is completely apathetic to /vg/ and /vr/.
>>
>>495927
/a/ has been full of the largest amount of sycophantic cocksuckers and so m00t has pandered to them, and gone to get advice from /a/ about decisions made about /jp/, which resulted in /jp/ being fucked over, repeatedly. This naturally pissed off the anons on /jp/ because they were being misrepresented and the board tainted by /a/utists who felt intimated by /jp/. What does the hivemind do against intimidation? It tried to undermine the thing, which it effectively did.

/jp/ also has a history of /a/utists barging into the board and shitposting without abandon, because they thought it was funny to treat /jp/ like a neo-anime/random, which pissed off /jp/ even more. Most of this is the fault of m00t, however. That filthy casual couldn't handle anons with legitimate interests in the very things the site was set up to talk about, so he treated them like shit and after 東方 surged in popularity on /a/, m00t used this opportunity to remove the anons he didn't like from /a/ and force them into a little containment board. The /a/utists, being braindead sycophants, at every opportunity gobbled up the slanderous rhetoric m00t was spewing out at times about /jp/ and furthered the irrational dislike of the board. He even allowed /a/ to change the name /jp/, without bothered to get approval from the actual fucking posters on the board, misrepresenting it as a whole and basically cementing the idea that /jp/ was dumping ground for /a/utistic shitposting.

It doesn't help that m00t basically handpicked the worst fucking moderation to focus on /jp/, worse than the fuckwits who focus on /v/. /jp/ has been all but dead since 2012, though. m00t made sure of that with the way he had it moderated.

To sum it up: /a/ and /jp/ have this tension because prior to 2012, /jp/ was a representation of /a/ without the overwhelming amounts of normalfaggotry. /a/utists didn't like this because, being normalscum, naturally dislike anything with a form of entry requirement.
>>
>>496172
No, /jp/ actually enjoys and likes their boards topic and talks about it all day.
>>
>>496274
The blogshit spam is gone since around that time you say it is dead.
>>
>>496274
>He even allowed /a/ to change the name /jp/, without bothered to get approval from the actual fucking posters on the board, misrepresenting it as a whole and basically cementing the idea that /jp/ was dumping ground for /a/utistic shitposting.
I thought that /jp/ had been wanting to change the name away from "Japan / General" for a long time before it actually happened.

>m00t made sure of that with the way he had it moderated.
I think most of the 2012-era problems with /jp/ occurred because moot left it so understaffed that it ended up being managed by a single janitor (or thereabouts) who continually got more and more frustrated with the board until they started doing slash-and-burn moderation.

Well, of the board-specific problems anyway. There are a lot of decisions he made that I think were pretty awful for the site as a whole but those affected every board and not just /jp/ in particular.
>>
>>496573
Blogshit spam was literally put into the rules in 2012 by someone who listened to a janitor making idiotic decisions above his station.
>>
>>496575
>I thought that /jp/ had been wanting to change the name away from "Japan / General" for a long time before it actually happened.
No.
>I think most of the 2012-era problems with /jp/ occurred because moot left it so understaffed that it ended up being managed by a single janitor
m00t did that on purpose because he wanted the posters to leave.

>There are a lot of decisions he made that I think were pretty awful for the site as a whole but those affected every board and not just /jp/ in particular.
You don't really understand. /jp/ used to represent everything that m00t could never break into and get to suck his dick: legit anons. Poole was a massive poser and always has been, that's one of the main reasons he hated /jp/, because they had a history of calling him out on it. He was just as much of a tryhard faggot back in the SA days as he is now.
>>
Why does /jp/ have so many touhou threads?
>>
>>496579
Care to explain what the hell you're talking about?
>>
>>496751
Because Touhou threads used to be spammed a lot on /a/ so moot eventually gave people a different place to post them. Similar concept to MLP, and potentially similar to Star Wars at this rate.
>>
>>496755
>Similar concept to MLP
Oh get fucked, it was posted less than a lot of the shit which has been posted for the past few years.

>>496753
Lurk moar faget.
>>
>all these faggots failing to realize /jp/ is a containment board that m00t tried to re-educate, but failed.
>all these faggots not realizing that all of the videogame boards aside from /vp/ and /vr/ are literally containment boards for /v/
>>
>>496741
>moot did that on purpose because he wanted the posters to leave.
moot always liked /jp/, even after it was completely overrun by stupid fuckwits. You're just writing retarded fanfiction shit now.
>>
>>496780
>all of the videogame boards aside from /vp/ and /vr/ are literally containment boards for /v/

...There is like one other video game board besides that. If you're going to make such a claim at least have the balls to say /vp/ and /vr/ are containment boards too instead of protecting them because they're your favorites.
>>
Why does /jp/ has such complicated history? I dont think there is any other board you get so dissenting opinion on its past.
>>
>>496868
Also with all the hate the boards content get from its current and former denizens I'm at miss at what its supposed to be originally.
>>
>>496868
>I dont think there is any other board you get so dissenting opinion on its past.

/pol/...
>>
>>496868
/jp/ isn't even a real board, it's polyphyletic.
>>
>>496180
>/a/
>elitist
Not for the past 6 months at the least, unfortunately.
>>
>>496180
>modern state
>/a/ is 90% newfags who started posting on the board after /jp/ was split from /a/.
Why are you assuming that /jp/ is any better?
>>
/a/ despises weebs, yes liking Anime and Manga does not make you a weeb, in all honestly /a/ hates Japan but likes their media.

/jp/ is literally the weeabo board.

But it is an old ancient hatred back when /a/ and /jp/ were the same board.
But I assume there is crossboarding.
So far the only board /a/ seems to like is /k/, /k/ is our husbando.
Don't know about /jp/.
>>
>>497116
I know it sounds like a boogeyman or whining but it is crossboarders, most likely from /v/. They set up camp in a thread every season and spread their shit.

This season it seems to be boku no hero academia since it full of shitposting, horrible questions, real life whining and dank maymays like maymay the frog.
>>
/jp/ was created as a trash can for /a/, all the stuff /a/ didn't want ended up on /jp/.
>>
>>497212
>in all honestly /a/ hates Japan but likes their media.

That is the definition of a weeb.
>>
>>497347
That's wrong.
A weeb is someone who loves Japan more than his own nation, it is infallible, the best in everything.
>>
>>497347
jesus christ no

wew lad
>>
>>497387
No, that is called a Japanese nationalist. A weeb is a person who pretends they know everything but doesn't actually know shit. In other words, /a/.
>>
>>497213
What exactly do you mean by horrible questions? Just people who ask stupid things that they should know the answer to if they think, or something worse, like sex stuff? Or maybe something else?
>>
>>496214
Those threads are the most popular ones on /jp/ though. However many of them are more in the KC camp instead of the Crabman camp
>>
>>497402
that's not the definition of a weeb

you can't just define things to your caprice silly
>>
>>497427
That is true, but they're still all /a/ refugees. Forced transfers, really, given that /jp/ didn't want them at the time but the mods made them choke it down.

/a/ is so much larger than /jp/ that a tiny fraction of it is still enough to be a good chunk of activity on /jp/.
>>
>>497431
I'm pulchritudinous enough to define things as much as I want. Don't be so pro-establishment, it doesn't suit you.
>>
>>497436
I, uh... what?
>>
>>497438
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
>>
>>496805
>moot always liked /jp/

yeah dude, he was really shit like vns, doujinsoft, onaholes, touhou and STGs, not attention whoring on /r9k/ and /soc/
>>
>>496119
Everyone hates /a/,/v/, and /b/.
>>
>>496805
/jp/ didn't like moot, that's for sure. I don't know how he felt about /jp/ though.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.