[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anime board not even in the top 5 anymore What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: 1449663784785.png (433 KB, 7823x4248) Image search: [Google]
1449663784785.png
433 KB, 7823x4248
>anime board not even in the top 5 anymore

What happened?
>>
>>491406
Literally /pol/.
>>
>>491406
4chan hasn't been an anime site ever since Project Chanology in 2008. Anyone who claims otherwise is just a shitposter who wants an excuse to post off-topic anime shit on non-anime boards.
>>
>>491406
old graph is old
>>
>>491406
What's the point of /int/? How does it differ from /pol/?
>>
>>491406
/int/ and /a/ switch depending on the time of day actually. /int/ has more of a international audience surprisingly enough. So it depends entirely on when this graph was measured.
>>
>>491409
hi barneyfag
>>
>>491413
>What's the point of /c/? How does it differ from /a/?
>What's the point of /e/? How does it differ from /h/?
>What's the point of [s4s]? How does it differ from /b/?

I like this game.
>>
that chart doesn't mean what you think it means
>>
>>491413
/int/ is /b/ with flags. /pol/ is an echo chamber for underage goobergators.

>>491417
Those are actually valid questions though. /e/, /c/ and /h/ are all too slow to warrant being their own board. And [s4s] hasn't made any decent OC since its inception, it's now just an even shittier version of /b/.
>>
>>491460
>/int/ is /b/
>asshurt gg boogeyman complex (after 2 whole years to boot)
>can't say gg's name
Hey, outsider! How many threads have you made complaining about /pol/ today?
>>
>>491417
>>What's the point of [s4s]? How does it differ from /b/?
[s4s] isn't full of 13 year old newfags.
>>
>>491551
I don't see how that changes anything.
>>
>>491555
nice trips
basically they're being ironic about what they post
the fact that the board was a joke to begin with makes it more ironic when mentioning it that on the board
>>
Source of chart?
>>
>>491406
Idiot. That image is a poll about the most hated boards on the site. Of course /a/ isn't in the top 5, a lot of people don't hate /a/.
>>
>>491537
Well, apparently you can't say gamergate either.
Anyway, the reason people do not say it directly is because, *regardless of one's personal opinions*, it only spews shit when invoked.

Again, regardless of your own opinions, to bring it up is synonymous with stirring shit, because this site is not filled with people who will willingly de-escalate debates.
>>
>>491420
Care to explain?
>>
>>491709
I explained for him: >>491669

Retards misinterpreted the chart and now they keep posting it as "evidence" that this "is not an anime site". Hard to say whether they're legitimately that stupid or if they recognized it as perfect shitposting ammunition.
>>
>>491664
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/
>>
>>491537
/int/ is /b/ though, this is coming from someone who probably spends most of their time on /int/. You're able to make any thread by simply appending "1. Your cunt 2." at the front of anything and it will not be considered off-topic. It's not /b/ in the sense that it's bad, it's /b/ in the sense that the discussion is more or less random.

Also GamerGate has killed this site. It just bought in loads of retards from reddit. /pol/ and /v/ are pretty much subreddits at this point.
>>
File: 1327978909004.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1327978909004.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>491406
Anime has been fairly shitty for almost a decade now.
>>
>>491709
People are trying to explain it away incorrectly because >muh anime imageboard
>>
Where does this image even come from? Not one thread I've seen identifies the source. Is it from old /q/? Is it that old?
>>
>>491669

>/pol/ is the 4th most hated

Sounds like we have a plebbitor problem
>>
I found something interesting in the archive. A post made by the Developer from 2015:
>The highest traffic boards (b/vg) use a different set of workers than the rest, so there's indirect slowdown if one is affected.
desustorage.org/qa/thread/286041/#287893

It's official. The boards with the highest traffic are /b/ and /vg/.
>>
>>491848
Oh boy, wouldn't you like to believe that?
>>
>>491915
That's because it has no source. Honestly I'm surprised someone hasn't made their own chart presenting /a/ as the most popular board on the site. People would blindly believe it just like they do this one.
>>
>>491669
yeah man, everybody just cannot fucking stand /vg/ right? i always see people complaining about shitposters from /vg/, how /vg/ is leaking out over onto other boards, how terrible the board is...
>>
>>491406
Anime died. Anime became more and more focused on moeshit, which led to it not being imported to the west anymore. All but the biggest localizers died because people stopped buying anime shit. Kids today don't give a shit about anime; within about 10 years anime will be deader in the US than it was in the 60s
>>
>>492029
Yes I would like to believe things that are true
>>
>>491406
>more than the 55% of the user population is shared between /b/ /v/ /vg/ and /pol/
This explain a lot of things
>>
>>491551
>[s4s] isn't full of 13 year old newfags.

It's just full of newfags who think they're 13 years old.
>>
>>492070
/vg/ is /v/'s more cancerous brother.
Calling out /v/ always implies calling out the derivatives
>>
>>491669
Liar. That image most likely shows board traffic. /b/ is the most trafficed board, as expected, followed by the video game boards.
See the developers post: >>491984
/a/ being the sixth most trafficed board seem possible, but /tv/ might have surpassed it.

By the way, if that image really showed the most hated boards on the site, then how do you explain that /mlp/ isn't bigger? Liar.
>>
>>492143
Never heard this before, makes sense, thanks.

t. Anonymous
>>
>>492534
>t. Anonymous
what the fuck

get out
>>
>>492143
>>492147
K samefag.
>>
>>492272
Most people forget /mlp/ exists. You can only vote for one board, why wouldn't people vote for a board they actually are familiar with? You trying to argue against the fact that /b/ and /v/ are the worst boards on this site? Are you a FUCKING IDIOT?
>>
>>491406
Anime is shit

People who watch anime are autistic,manchild,fat,virgin,loser,nolifers,idiotic,uneducated,NEETlords who jerk off to dragon dicks.
>>
>>492825
Stay mad.

Daddy will make anime real
>>
>>492603
The image shows board traffic, deal with it retard.
>>
>>491406
>trash that high
Just delete things, you fucking lazy mods.
>>
>>492143
>English
>in the US
Are Americans really this fucking self obsessed? The anime industry doesn't give a single fuck about America nor does it benefit from pandering to EOPs. America and English speakers are fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>492825
How does a NEET become a lord?
I want in on that.
>>
>>492941
>The anime industry doesn't give a single fuck about 320 million possible new viewers

Do you honestly really think this?
>>
So this entire thread is an argument about an unsourced, unlabeled pie chart, and no one can agree what it means? Bravo /qa/.
>>
>>492825
Westacuck detected.
>>
>>492946
Everybody agrees what it means except weebs who are trying to cast as much doubt as possible because they don't like the implications.
>>
>>492941
>the anime industry doesnt care about the us
>when japan is obsessed with the us and makes loadsa dosh off american weebs
>>
>>491406
/qa/ is the cancer that killed /a/
>>
>>492941
>Why is /a/ dead?
>Because anime is not popular in the West
>WOOOOOOOOW DO YOU REALLY THINK JAPAN CARES ABOUT YOU? WOOOOOW HOW ENTITLED! I JUST..... I CANT EVEN

you sound awfully triggered. Guess the truth hurts.
>>
>>492941
>America and English speakers are fucking irrelevant.

When talking about the status of an anime board on an English speaking website? Actually I'm pretty sure English speakers are THE most relevant demographic in that case, friendo.

Weebs aren't too bright, are they?
>>
>>492930
>I don't know what /trash/ is

The mods never send things to trash, you mongoloid.
>>
>>492964
/a/ was dead before /qa/ was a gleam in moot's eye
>>
>>492959
It doesn't mean naively 'board traffic', if that's what you're implying. I mean, it might be some correlate, but it's not as obvious as you might think.
>>
>>492959
Clearly "everybody" doesn't agree what it means, though, as I can see because I've read the fucking thread. And in fact the chart doesn't mean anything without context, but that somehow hasn't stopped anyone from arguing about it.
>>
>>492894
Unless a dev posted it the best it can show is posting rate, not traffic. The only theoretical indication we've ever gotten of individual board traffic was with a dev post some time ago, and it sounded like he just meant posting rate as well.
>>
>>493174
The developer literally referred to /b/ and /vg/ as "the highest traffic boards.

Is anyone here seriously suggesting that /b/ is NOT the board with the highest traffic, followed by the video game boards?
>>
>>493177
Yes. And then you can read the rest of his post and it sounds like he's talking about posting rate/server load. I'm glad we can both repeat ourselves effectively.

No one suggested that and I don't know why you implied it. If the image were just a guess then it could just be a guess at the highest traffic boards. But if we're running on the assumption that it's accurate in whatever it's trying to represent, then traffic's not on the table. Because that's never been revealed for all boards.
>>
>>493178
>The highest traffic boards (b/vg) use a different set of workers than the rest, so there's indirect slowdown if one is
>The highest traffic boards (b/vg)

Deal with it, /b/ and /vg are the highest traffic boards. The rest of his post doesn't invalidate that statement.
>>
>>493181
nubs and also time nubs
>>
>>493181
>The highest traffic boards (b/vg) use a different set of workers than the rest
Workers for chan software don't care about traffic. Therefore it's unlikely he's meaning what you think traffic means. The rest of his post invalidates your statements, not his. Deal with it.
>>
>>493183
You're wrong. Sorry.
>>
>>493186
Excellent refutation. I'm glad you came out.
>>
>>493188
/b/ and /vg are the highest traffic boards.
>>
>>493194
Doubtful. /b/ and /v/ probably are, followed by /vg/. That's just a guess though since we don't have official word about that.
>>
>>492943
Yea anon, they really don't. It's not like the industry is ran by smart people. They've shown time and time again they care very little and if they truly cared they wouldn't be handing out licenses to foreign company's instead of making their own streaming service and rolling in stream buxs. Daisuki is pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>491406
Goobergate and Trump.

Also most anime has been shit for like two years and a half now.
>>
>>493255
Shut the fuck up, memer.
>>
>>491406
Slower boards tend to be (but not always) better and comfier. I'm very okay with /a/ dropping to tenth or lower.
>>
>>494503
It doesn't necessarily mean /a/ is slower, more likely that other boards are faster now.
>>
>>494504
I guess.

Just look at the ones above it; while /a/ has its own severe problems, the top five are unbearably bad. The sheer number of posts must overwhelm the janitors trying to do their best on 2 through 5. (Or they don't care anymore, understandably.)
>>
The boards larger than /a/ are fast because the default mode of posting in those boards is shoveling out mindless posts.

/a/ does this quite a bit but proportionately less so.
>>
>/a/ not among the largest boards anymore
>ITS OFFICIAL ANIME IS DEAD

Are you guys braindead? /a/'s traffic is still vastly greater than what it was years ago, during this supposed mythical era when anime was good (but it isnt anymore, so is said).

Its just that others boards grew by more. And any old /a/non will tell you the board was the best when it was smaller and comfier, when you could open up threads from yesterday and continue discussions, when half the board wasn't plagued by immortal general threads.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.