[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, maybe my absence of not having internet for a while is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10
File: what the holy fuck.png (251 KB, 1315x438) Image search: [Google]
what the holy fuck.png
251 KB, 1315x438
Okay, maybe my absence of not having internet for a while is the reason why I don't quite get it, but what the absolute fuck happened to /pol/ and by extension, the rest of 4chan?

It's like everything just became about memeing as hard as you fucking can, being as ironic as you can, posting as many frogs as you can and otherwise acting like a general obnoxious faggot.

Can somebody please explain to me why 4chan's userbase seems to be replaced by total cunts, and why our useless moderators aren't shutting them down like they should be, instead letting these shit threads reach hundreds of posts before lancing the boil at their outset?

Pic very God damn related.
>>
>>489771
Because you are nostalgic
>>
>>489771
see >>>/pol/69594268
>>
>>489771
They said we were in the "post-ironic" era.
What a load of crap that was.

Also, /pol/ is normalfags. How long have you been way from the internet?
>>
>>489773
I'm actually not though.
The memespouters have increased tremendously over the last several months, because I don't remember any of this horseshit going around. It's like 4chan just turned into a bunch of fucking 8gag-tier faggots.
>>489774
Fuck no.
>>489778
Just in and out for a few months. That's all there was to it. Yeah, it was bad before I stopped getting the internet but now it's just fucking shit. It's just fucking shit. We literally have retards pipe-lined straight from /r/The_Donald into the Trump thread on /pol/ and their retardation is met with open arms from other [s4s]-tier faggots.
"Post-ironic" my dick.
>>
I was just talking about this shit in another thread:
>>489510
>>489702
>>489734
>>489783
>>
>>489787
So what's your take?
>>
>>489771
The impact of 2007 has finally reached critical mass.
On 4chan the outsiders are now loud majority.
>>
Wasn't there a guy on /pol/ samefagging some Hillary expose thread not too long ago? Iirc, this is why the board was shut down the first time so maybe politics is just a normalfag activist magnet.
>>
>>489793
Well it fucking sucks.
What the fuck is our admin doing to instill some quality control in this site?
Have we had some moderation input in the slightest?
>>
>>489781
>I don't remember any of this horseshit going around.
Then you have a short term memory.
>>
>>489781
[s4s] is a nice board when it's self contained
The issue with /pol/ is that it has a goal, which leads to activist faggotry.
>>
>>489796
>What the fuck is our admin doing to instill some quality control in this site?
Hate to break this to you anon buy ヒロユキ cares more about getting MORE traffic and money than anything else. He recently made a post stating that even if threads break global rules, what it more important it appeasing the majority.

You have to understand the site our new admin came from and fucked over.
>>
>>489791
I personally think Applied Memetics is just the tip of the iceberg. /pol/ goes off about AM quite a bit only because they're leftist oriented and admittedly come to 4chan.

The marketing vultures have latched onto 4chan for its memetic powers, hell some of the younger interns might have even grown up here.There are more groups trying to viral market everything from music to movies to vidya to political viewpoints to /toy/s than ever before. What is there to be done about such things? It's hard for some people to grasp the big picture problem. I can't think of a way that Hiro could do anything about it even if he wanted to.
>>
semi-literate third-world teenagers are now accessing the internet in extreme numbers
>>
>>489801
Your of an cuck
>>
>>489797
Or maybe EVERY fucking post wasn't shit, instead of every OTHER post being shit. It was shit before, it's shittier now.
>>489798
[s4s] is part of the reason why 4chan has this obsession with post-ironic shitposting that it's so hung up on right now. That and /r/4chan thinks that because they see those assholes acting like retards on other parts of 4chan, they too should act like that all across 4chan. /pol/'s just getting progressively shittier, and has been since about 2014. Eventually we have to put the brakes on this shit and say enough, right? This whole site can't be shitposting, can it?
>>489799
Oh. So it can. Wonderful. I heard about Hiroyuki being a retard, I didn't think he'd bring this same horseshit into the new arena.
>>489800
Fucking gut these retards, it's that simple. When a board meant for discussion is for the most part just shitposting, you nuke those assholes. Yeah, "unplug the router, come back," but at least then these faggots will have to put some effort into being dipshits.
>>
>>489799
>ヒロユキ

HE DOESN'T SPELL IT THIS WAY. SHUT THE FUCK UP, RETARD.
>>
>>489804
>I heard about Hiroyuki being a retard
He isn't a retard.
He is a business man and a criminal.

>>489806
>HE DOESN'T SPELL IT THIS WAY
Your point? That's how he was commonly referred to on 2ch. Do you also get pissy when people use "m00t"?
>SHUT THE FUCK UP, RETARD.
Nice counter argument.
>>
>>489810
>m00t
Who?
>>
>>489810
>He is a business man and a criminal.
I know, I was just keeping things short. Being a criminal is still being a retard in my book.
It seems like ever since moot left this place has just gone to shit. Complete shit.
>>
>>489804
[s4s] genuinely is funny though.
They produce a tonne of content. Honestly, I feel its self contained better than other boards. I'll see shit like trump posting, frog posting, or "what did he mean by this" leak, but I rarely see nice girl or SES outside of s4s.
>>
>>489818
Very true, but at the same time they're still why Reddit has this obsession with being as ironic as fucking possible. Because whenever they do see a leak of [s4s], whenever they do happen, they start emulating them all over the site. I don't believe genuine [s4s] posters leave their board all that much. It's still a haven for ironic shitposting though.
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1172x1846) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1172x1846
>>489771
It's adolescence. The kiddies here are insecure and being honest would get them called a faggot. So they are "ironic" instead of honest because that way if you get called retarded you were pretending to be retarded so you win.
>>
File: Capture.png (17 KB, 456x429) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17 KB, 456x429
>>489817
>Error: Our system things your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
>>
>>489831
>People resorting to the typical "go back to /r/eddit" defense to defend 4chan's current state
Are you fucking serious? How can any sane individual who's been here for more than four years defend this heaping pile of shit?
>>
>>489818
What the hell?
/s4s/ sucks ass, it's not funny at all. Shit memes and they regularly raid other boards. Yes, real actual raids. They flooded /qa/ with their garbage some time ago.
>>
>>489829
Don't these fucking people realize the beauty in anonymous posting is that we can remove all the facades we put up in daily life and actually have opinions? God damn, kids are stupid and will do and say anything for social capital these days, even over fucking 4chan. Cute girl by the way.
>>489834
I think the only thing genuinely wrong with [s4s] is Swaglord. He's a massive faggot.
>>
/s4s/ is garbage

People desperately trying to fit in with a contrived community because apparently no other community will have them. You just have to be "ironic" which means that you never examine the pathetic social charade you're engaging in in order to feel part of something.

It's like having friends but without the burden of having to express yourself honestly and be vulnerable - the exact vulnerability that forges actual friendships.

There's a reason /s4s/ is popular amongst people without friends.
>>
>>489804
[s4s] is a very small board. this is an entirely separate problem that has little to do with them.
>>
>>489834
[s4s] doesn't raid and doesn't even really steal GETs anymore as far as I know. You got fooled by somebody who was using that board as a scapegoat
>>
>>489834
Blame Swaglord for being a fucking faggot like that.
Humour is subjective anon.
>>
File: Capture.png (18 KB, 455x432) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18 KB, 455x432
>>489832
>Error: Our system things your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
Welcome to the current brand of the new normal.
>>
>>489823
Do you really think [s4s] alone is the cause of that?
>>
>>489836
nice pasta friend
>>
>>489834
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>489836
/a/ is garbage

People desperately trying to fit in with a contrived community because apparently no other community will have them. You just have to be "ironic" which means that you never examine the pathetic social charade you're engaging in in order to feel part of something.

/v/ is garbage

/pol/ is garbage

/int/ is garbage

etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>489837
The problem is that because we have a board FOR ironic shitposting, it opens the doors for constant scapegoating WITH that board.
>>489840
This is just sad.
The administration has SHIT priority over this fucking site.
>>489843
No, in fact I'm saying right the opposite.
>>
>>489844
Just googled it, it's actually completely original. You must feel anally devastated.
>>
>>489840
I love how you're so fucking stupid you didn't even check your facts before making this retarded post. You can say 8ch. You cannot, however, link Facebook.

This is why the administration doesn't care about what you have to say. Because you have nothing relevant to say.
>>
>>489844
>>489846
See what I mean about how socially weak /s4s/tards are? "I know you are, but what am I?" "B-b-b-b8!"
It's magnetic to people with zilch character.
>>
>>489853
>Getting this aggressive over a mistake on his part
Hello Nu-4chan user.
>>
>>489856
lol N I G E R
>>
>>489838
Have you already forgotten that swaglord told /s4s/ to raid /qa/ a couple of months ago?
>>
>>489856
Please don't be rude :(
>>
>>489804
>When a board meant for discussion is for the most part just shitposting, you nuke those assholes
A good /pol/ example are the constant "What do you think of ___twitter personality/podcast host___ ?" threads that usually end up become 90% shitposting about "fuck off jew" and 10% spammed youtube videos/news articles/podcast links about the aforementioned host/e-celeb for the extra views they bring.

When it's just some attentionwhore like Milo or Paul Joseph Watson or Gavin McInnis that is the twitter personality in question then there's a profit motive involved. When the twitter personality is Trump or Ron Paul or some other politician it's for support (formerly called /b/lackup) on twitter and facebook, and maybe even votes.

I've been waiting for mods to crack down on these threads for many months now, possibly years. They apparently are apathetic at best and complicit at worst. I fear it's already too late now as the eternal september moment has already seems to have passed and there has been at least a couple of generations of newfriends who never knew any other way on 4chan and think that kind of faggotry is the point of coming to the site. It's happening in board specific ways sitewide really.
>>
>>489862
>14:44
time checked
>>
>>489839
>Humour is subjective anon.
Well, yeah. But most people would agree that /s4s/-style humour is awful. They just draw something crappy and decide that it's a meme.
>>
Perhaps anonymity is attractive to more people than originally thought. Maybe 2channel didn't get big in Japan just because of their rigid social constructs.
and maybe anonymity isn't only attractive in the west to beta basement dwellers who can't stand attention whoring on normal forums.

Maybe it's time to just let everyone have a slice of the cake. In a way it could be a good thing.

I just wish we at least had an alternate imageboard that was decent enough to use where we could build a nest away from all these activists and memesters.
>>
>>489849
I recognize most of it. A standard practice of [s4s]-users is to write a "completely original" post that's actually just a pastiche of already existing pastas.
>>
>>489847
[s4s] is actually ironic ironic shitposting. Consider how moot liked the board but yet said things like "ironic shitposting is still shitposting"
>>
>>489862
it wasn't really a "raid"
>>
>>489874
nice time trips
>>
>>489877
You're a fucktard.
>being this up your ass about your own boards "memes"
>>
>>489881
thank you
>>
>>489888
three samoan numbers
jesus fuf
>>
>>489862
WAAAAAH I'M A SURVIVOR OF THE 2015 [S4S] RAIDS :((((

Fucking /q/tards.
>>
>>489901
Here he is, swaglord's penis sock

How's the bronyism going?
Has swaglord fist bumped you for being such a cool guy yet?
>>
>>489902
I sug swaglords's' benis & bagina every nite friendo ol' pally mang
>>
>>489901
It's /s4s/, not [s4s].

boards.4chan.org/s4s/
No [ ].
>>
>>489907
jesus fuf
>>
>>489908
>>489880
>>489894
This is the only thing I like about /s4s/, they fight back in a really smart way. No angry arguing, just ironic shitposting.
>>
>>489853
I did check and it repeatedly blocked my post.
>Because you have nothing relevant to say.
But I do and you aggressively trying to stop me from saying so only makes it more obvious.
>>
File: 1459884014484.png (3 MB, 1004x1022) Image search: [Google]
1459884014484.png
3 MB, 1004x1022
>>489999
>>
File: 1425442433473.gif (16 KB, 205x274) Image search: [Google]
1425442433473.gif
16 KB, 205x274
>>489902
>being clinically diagnosed with PTSD because an Internet "raid" of ten [s4s] users is causing you to experience Vietnam-like flashbacks
>mfw you still haven't been put in a mental hold

The year was 2015. We were on recon in a steaming 4chan IRC. An overheated /q/tard removed his flack jacket, revealing a T-shirt with an ironed-on sporting the Outlel slogan "Down With Mods". Well, we all had a good laugh, even though I didn't quite understand it. But our momentary lapse of concentration allowed "[s4s]" to get the drop on us. I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin stew made of salt, salt, salt, salt, and four kinds of salt. I came close to madness trying to find it here in /qa/, but they just can't get the salt right!
>>
>>490016
Not as good as your swaglord fist bump fanfiction, sorry
>>
>>489999
You did a very bad job of checking because you have no fucking clue what's actually going on here and just wanna stir some shit up. That's why you're playing the victim card now like I'm trying to "stop" you from making posts. I really do not care how long you keep whining about this. You'll probably keep making these pathetic posts for a very long time. But nobody will listen to you, and now you know why. You're being ignored because you're an idiot.
>>
>>490027
>You did a very bad job of checking because you have no fucking clue what's actually going on here
I do, however.
In fact I understand more about this site than likely anyone else in this thread.

>You're being ignored because you're an idiot.
Being ignored generally entails a lack of response, anon. Why did you leave IRC for this? A
>>
>>490034
I'm not a mod, so why would me responding to you be a victory in any sense? You must feel so proud that you got someone with an excess of free time to point out what a pompous, unintelligent, and self-righteous douchebag you are.
>>
File: yotsuba.jpg (10 KB, 154x193) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba.jpg
10 KB, 154x193
>>489774
>hover over link
>no image
>hear sound
4CHAN IS SCARY!!
>>
>>490141
friggin swaglord
>>
File: fresh prince carleton laugh.jpg (53 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
fresh prince carleton laugh.jpg
53 KB, 500x333
>>490016
hahahahhahahah epic
>>
>>490267
You're still manlette

<:^)
>>
>>490268
(^:>
>>
>>490272
This is not a nice poste, sorry

Manlettes cannot make nice postes, there is a height limit
>>
>>490274
#rekt
#shrekt
#analblasted
#buttbamboosled
>>
>>490305
You forgot #coloncrushed

This is still a nice poste though
>>
>>490308
>>490305
Ironic ironic shitposting is still just that. Shitposting.
Get the fuck out.
>>
File: good double.jpg (7 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
good double.jpg
7 KB, 220x229
>>489799
>>489800
>>489844
>>489877
>>489888
>>489999
I like whats going on in this thread atm
>>
>>489834
wow rude

pls be nice

famalam :^)
>>
>Reported all of the [s4s] faggots in this thread
>Absolutely nothing happens to them
Mods confirmed for deliberately fucking up 4chan.
Watch, I'll get banned for saying that I reported that cancer though.
>>
>>489862
>:44

nice dubloons lol
>>
>>490322
checked
>>
>>490322
They are like the chosen people of 4chan, led by Moses/swaglord. It's time for Pharaoh Hiro to do something.
>>
>>490330
You're inviting the seven plagues you know.
>>
>>490322
maybe try reporting on a board that is actually relevant and linked

/qa/ doesnt even have its own rules - cant get more non-board than /qa/ http://www.4chan.org/rules#qa

nice dubs tho
>>
>>490372
>>490322
TOLD STATUS:
[ ] Not told
[ ] Told
[X] TOLDASAURUS REX
[X] Cash4told.com
[X] No country for told men
[X] Knights of the told Republic
[X] ToldSpice
[x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious
[x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun
[x] GuiTold Hero: World Told
[X] Told King of Boletaria
[x] Countold Strike
[x] Unreal Toldament
[x] Stone-told Steve Austin
[X] Half Life 2: Episode Told
[x] World of Warcraft: Catoldclysm
[X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon
[x] Assassin’s Creed: Tolderhood
[x] Battletolds
[x] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shatold of Chernobyl
[X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo
[x] Told of Duty 4: Modern Toldfare
[X] Pokemon Told and Silver
[x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told
[X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction
[x] Told Fortress Classic
[x] Toldman: Arkham Told
[X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told
[x] Super Mario SunTold
[x] Legend of Zelda: Toldacarnia of Time
[X] Toldstone creamery
[x] Mario Golf: Toldstool Tour
[X] Super Told Boy
[X] Left 4 Told
[X] Battoldfield: Bad Company 2
[x] Toldman Sachs
[X] Conker’s Bad Fur Day: Live and Retolded
[x] Lead and Told: Gangs of the Wild West
[x] Portold 2
[x] Avatold: The Last Airbender
[X] Dragon Ball Z Toldkaichi Budokai
[x] Toldcraft II: Tolds of Toldberty
[x] Leo Toldstoy
[x] Metal Gear Toldid 3: Snake Eater
[X] 3D Dot Told Heroes
[x] J.R.R Toldkien’s Lord of the Told
[x] Told you that ps3 has no games
[X] LitTOLD Big Planet
[x] Rome: Toldal War
[x] Gran Toldrismo 5
[x] Told Calibur 4
[x] Told Fortress 2
[x] Castlevania: RonTold of Blood
[x] Guilty Gear XX Accent Told
[x] Cyndaquil, Chicorita, and Toldodile
[x] was foretold
[x] demon’s told
>>
File: Hydrated.gif (2 MB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
Hydrated.gif
2 MB, 500x247
>>490322
checked
Keep hydrated
>>
>>490383
Modern society is a nightmare!
>>
>>489793
Why do you call them 'outsiders'?
>>
>>490372
>>490376
They're called global rules, you total faggots. You post-ironic obsessed Reddit tourists just need to leave.
>>
>>490396
my face when
>>
>>489771
Story is that some lonely robots from /r9k/ looked up an egyptian god that had kek in his name and shit.
>>
>>490312
Wow sorry you got so #triggered, but it's funposting okay maybe you just don't GET it
>>
>>490726
time nubs & end numbers the same get
>>
>>490043
That's nice but you're still wrong and all you have is insults.
Now fuck off back to IRC.
>>
>>490394
Because they are.
4chan is for anons and these manchildren will never be anons. It is a fundamental generational gap. They are like Somalia immigrants claiming to be Swedish.

Coming in huge numbers uninvited doesn't mean you can shit up a place for a few years then be accepted as a native.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.