[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggestion: rolling off topic thread for every board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: OT.jpg (18 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
OT.jpg
18 KB, 426x426
While the site has a large range of topics, and most certainly you could find a place to discuss whatever off topic material you want elsewhere on the site, in my experience it feels much better to talk about other things with people on the boards you frequent most, or your home board.

Going to other boards you are unfamiliar with to talk about something you want to can feel uncomfortable, especially if you don't know the culture around the board or what to expect. Culture varies heavily across almost every board on 4chan.

The thread would be a rolling thread dedicated to off topic on the board, for example the /g/ off topic thread, which rolls at for example 300 posts. All other board rules would have to be followed (e.g. SFW/NSFW rules).

People making off topic threads is an unavoidable "problem", however I feel that most of the time people don't make off topic threads to cause disruption, and that instead they just want to have a laugh with people on their favourite board. Every day I see off topic threads that people are happily participating in deleted for no other reason than they don't relate to the board name. In my opinion these threads are not a problem, and while the culture shift of "board about video games" to "board for anything with video games as the central topic" is much too large to consider, I feel like this off topic thread suggestion doesn't conflict too strongly with what the website is about, and will "help clean up" many of what the moderation considers a problem, while allowing the users to enjoy themselves more as well.
>>
Please fuck off to a forum.
>>
You are supposed to go crossboard.

And board is not a city
>>
>>>/b/
>>
>>488301
>rolling off topic thread for every board
In reality it would be a dedicated shitposting thread for every board.
So, terrible idea and you should feel bad for even thinking it is a good idea. If you want a place where everything goes then see >>488553.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.