[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the FUCK can't I delete my posts? Is it a Firefox/Opera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1456704909965.gif (2 MB, 377x404) Image search: [Google]
1456704909965.gif
2 MB, 377x404
Why the FUCK can't I delete my posts? Is it a Firefox/Opera thing?
>>
>>488290
Are they threads or replies? A few boards don't let you delete OP's for some reason.
>>
>>488290
>Is it a Firefox/Opera thing?
No.

Different boards have different rules as to if and when you can delete your own posts. On some boards you cannot delete your own posts. On some boards you can only delete your own posts within a certain timeframe (perhaps that is all of the boards???).

You can thank /a/.
>>
>>488331
>You can thank /a/.
Don't you mean /v/ and /q/?
>>
File: warning-shot.jpg (428 KB, 1614x2000) Image search: [Google]
warning-shot.jpg
428 KB, 1614x2000
>>488557
>Don't you mean /v/ and /q/?
No, I mean /a/.
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/1ka5j9/moot_starts_a_shitstorm_on_a/

After the "event", folks from /a/ would start seemingly legitimate threads about Naruto. Then they would delete the thread, bitch about it on /a/, then bitch about it on /q/. After that we lost the ability to delete (or when we could delete) on many boards.

But that isn't to say /v/ played some role as well. I just don't venture over there very often.
>>
>>488572
>linking to fucking reddit for this
Kill yourself.

/a/ wasn't that big of an influence for this as this shitstorm caused more things to worry about than people making trolls deletions. It was also a /v/ thing as well. However, the bigger cause was the /q/ shit with people trying to cause mod drama with making posts and deleting them and blaming the mods which occurred on lots of boards. There was lots of things to cause the removal of the delete feature and /a/ was hardly a piss in the wind. You also can actually still delete posts on /a/.

Also
>folks from /a/ would start seemingly legitimate threads about Naruto. Then they would delete the thread, bitch about it on /a/, then bitch about it on /q/.
Blaming this on /a/ is pretty dishonest as this is was clearly trolls. Not saying I'm being a /a/ defender here, but its stupid to blame /a/ for this one when the majority wanted naruto gone. As per usual, trolls saw the anger of frustration of both sides and took advantage of it.
>>
>>488574
>Blaming this on /a/ is pretty dishonest as this is was clearly trolls.
I'm confused Anon. You say that it *wasn't* /a/, but then you say it was trolls? What is the difference?

>Kill yourself.
You seem upset. I was simply trying to help you.
>>
>>488575
>What is the difference?
What? Are you retarded? Are you trying to imply /a/ is a complete den of shitposters and trolls or something? Trolls have never had a home board and jump from every one to create drama. There was probably a few actual /a/nons doing it, but the majority would of been done by trolls seeking to create and add more fuel to the drama.

> I was simply trying to help you.
Linking to reddit isn't helping anything, retard. Use a real resource.
>>
>>488582
>What? Are you retarded?
Again with the insults. I'm not trying to make you mad Anon. I'm just trying to explain to you what happened.

>Are you trying to imply /a/ is a complete den of shitposters and trolls or something?
I have been using this site a long time. While I don't use/visit a majority of boards here, I am familiar with some of them. And I want you to know that yes, /a/ is a complete den of shitposters and trolls. Keep in mind that this fact isn't in any way unique to /a/. It is a quality shared by many boards.

>There was probably a few actual /a/nons doing it,
Agreed.

>the majority would of been done by trolls seeking to create and add more fuel to the drama.
So you agree with me. Trolls (from /a/) were making threads on /a/, deleting them and then bitching about "mods" deleting threads.

>Linking to reddit isn't helping anything,
That site is no worse of better than this site.

>retard
And there you go again. We can disagree. But why must you insult me with such language? I know this is 4chan, but you should save your bile for someone who is actually attempting to get a reaction out of you.

>Use a real resource.
You asked me to clarify if I meant /v/ or /q/. I didn't mean /v/ or /q/. I meant /a/. And I provided you some info demonstrating and example of the shenanigans that occurred on /a/.

Hope this helps Anon.
>>
>>488583
>that frisking instead of just getting to the point
Post disregarded.
>>
>>488582
TRY HARDER TO FIT IN QUEER
>>
>>488331
>>488557
>>488572
>>488574
>>488575
>>488582
I'd just like to interject for a moment.

Preventing people from deleting their posts started on /g/ back in like 2011. There was this tripfag (I want to say his name was slackware) who would ghostbump his threads, as in he would post in the thread and then quickly delete the post. This made people butthurt for whatever reason.

I can't remember if deleting the post was outright unallowed or you had to wait a few minutes but that's at least the first occurrence of this whole thing I'm aware of.

Disallowing thread deletion by OP was probably independent. That was about stopping people from deleting threads and blaming mods, which was completely dumb. All they had to do was indicate on the 404 page if it was deleted by 4chan or OP.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.