[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent discord links marked as spam already, mods? They are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1442650895555.jpg (71 KB, 675x574) Image search: [Google]
1442650895555.jpg
71 KB, 675x574
Why arent discord links marked as spam already, mods?
They are links to chat-rooms that people create for circlejerking and other /soc/ related bullshit.
People post them alot on /v/ and /r9k/ but mods are slow, while they get posted everywhere.

So why not put them into the spam filter for boards that arent /soc/? Since there is no reason not to do it.
>>
>>487442
Can you crosslink one of the posts? I've honestly never seen one before on the boards I frequent.
>>
>>487454
https://warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&search_text=discord.gg&search_op=op
>>
>>487454
Just look on archive sites for " discord.gg"
>>
>>487459
wow I had no idea! That seems like it's getting as bad as the old livestream spammers from 5 years ago.
>>
>>487468
It is pretty much on every board
>>
>>487442
Getting upset at what we used to do to other sites in order to attract people to 4chan in the first place?

Priceless, anon.
>>
File: 1457955730034.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1457955730034.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>>487478
>Rule breaking /soc/ reddit/facebook bullshit is okay
Maybe you are butthurt for people wanting to stop that bullshit
>>
>>487442
4chan is way to slow in banning shit anyway.
Why not ban an image and phrase automatically once a guy gets banned with it within a timeframe?
It's like mods want to get flooded by the same uncreative copypasta trolls every day.
>>
>>488163
That would require good coding behind the scenes - something this site does not have.
>>
>>487475
Not /a/.
>>
You answered your own question. They do, just not fast enough for your liking.

Filtering anything that looks like one of those links is annoying, too. I can't post links to things I want to make topics of without doing things anything like what you're describing because of it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.