[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
b& plz help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1372995299028-1.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1372995299028-1.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
Someone help me out here
See this thread >>>/wsg/997811

It's at image limit, I needed to link something so I made a new "WebM's for other boards" thread with the relevant WebM. I wake up today and for some reason I'm banned for violating >>>/global/rules/16

>All requests (e.g., "sauce", "moar", "who is this") for adult content belong on /r/, and all requests for work-safe content belong on /wsr/.

This is the thread in question
https://desustorage.org/wsg/thread/1020108/#1020108

Am I being retarded here or is there literally nothing wrong? I don't want to just be here to complain, but don't know where else to post it desu and wondering what it is I actually did wrong
>>
File: 1307032098778.gif (2 MB, 371x331) Image search: [Google]
1307032098778.gif
2 MB, 371x331
on the image dump boards like /wsg/, there is a minimum number of images you need to post or you'll get banned.

it tells you this in the fucking sticky on /wsg/.
>>
Looks like you got fucked over by some retarded janitor. It happens to everyone and it's only 3 days so it's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>487316
It does say "Please contribute 3 or more related images", which is fair and makes sense, but that doesn't really fit the nature of the thread. It's not a dump of a specific thing, it's just a mish mash for others to dump their stuff that they want to link.
I posted two files, then fell asleep. Even if I was breaking the rule, it seems like a warnable offence at best. It's not like I'm a repeat offender.
Couldn't Janny just have wrote it was due to that rule if it was the case? Global Rule 16 honestly just seems so unrelated it's like he banned the wrong anon

>>487318
This one's only one day, not a massive issue but still both confusing and irritating
>>
>>487301
Mods are going full retard, I got banned recently for posting about RNG mechanics on /v/ and ban reason was global 2.
>>
>>487586
>it seems like a warnable offence at best
the warning is in the sticky

>Couldn't Janny just have wrote it
mods write the bans

request threads are any thread where you don't post any content and expect others to fill up the thread, which is the type of thread you made. they belong on /r/ or /wsr/.
>>
>>487615
>don't post any content and expect others to fill up the thread, which is the type of thread you made
No, making a "redhead thread" and then posting 1 picture is a request since you're expecting others to dump shit for you. What OP made violates the rules but isn't a request thread since it's just a thread to crosslink to and not a request for content.
>>
>>487615
It wasn't a request thread, I wasn't requesting anything. It's a thread that's essentially a general on /wsg/ and there's literally a thread just like it that hit it's image limit so I made a new one.

I wanted to link a file for another board, the current thread was full so I made a new one and left it at that.

>>487681
Is it really a strict rule to contribute 3 or more files to a thread? I don't know what time the ban came through but the thread wasn't up for long, it's not like I posted two files and then abandoned it for days.

Rules in general seem to be enforced far more stricter now desu. Not just in terms of post here
>>
>>487691
I guess just post three webums next time even though that's not the purpose of the thread. Maybe they don't want a bunch of empty threads on a dumping board.
>>
>>487691
>Rules in general seem to be enforced far more stricter now desu
its been like this for about a year now
lots of people getting 3 day or longer bans for shit that doesnt even matter
sometimes it almost seems random
yet the worst offenders constantly ban evade and either there is no way for mods to enforce a permaban onto them, or the mods dont even try and just give up if the person is a serial evader
>>
>>487702
Well, that's if that was the reason I was banned in the first place. Global Rule 16 seems to have nothing to do with the 3 WebM rule

>>487726
Yeah, I've just been caught under the fire much more recently. It's frustrating given how much time I actually spend here
>>
>>487316
>on the image dump boards like /wsg/, there is a minimum number of images you need to post or you'll get banned.
>it tells you this in the fucking sticky on /wsg/.
hahaha i've been making threads for years and i never knew this
>>
>>487798
there are tons of op's who do not follow this rule so its only randomly enforced
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.