[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make it so mods have to make a post with the reason their deleting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1310497388821.png (8 KB, 271x288) Image search: [Google]
1310497388821.png
8 KB, 271x288
Make it so mods have to make a post with the reason their deleting the thread.

Make it so thread deletion isn't instant but rather timed (say 3-5 minutes) so that another mod can see if the deletion is just and stop it if it isn't.

Force unique IDs onto mods so that they can be easily identified.

Harsher punishment on mods and jannies who fuck up and abuse their power consistently.
>>
I'd be interested in something like this, if a post is deleted, that a stub is left behind that gives the same reason the recipient got.
>>
>>486224
Also, add a "mod/janitor abuse" button to the report list.
>>
https://www.4chan.org/bans
>>
>>486423
>The purpose of this page is to give users insight into what content is being removed, and why.
>Below is a sample of recent bans (not a comprehensive list of all bans), updated once per hour.
>not a comprehensive list of all bans
>>
>>486424
Yeah, they don't list lawbreaking content.
>>
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) should always be there.
>>
>>486224
These would never be implemented because then the mods would all leave. Why do it for free if you can't have fun?
>>
>>486224
>Make it so mods have to make a post with the reason their deleting the thread.
So they can lazily pull out their favour catch-all "I'm banning you because this offends me" global rule? There is a reason there are two other global rules which ban anons for posting their ban reason images, and it is primarily because m00t never wanted to have people being aware of just how they moderated the site, and how shit of a job they did.

>Force unique IDs onto mods so that they can be easily identified.
Sounds good but they'd never use it.
>Harsher punishment on mods and jannies who fuck up and abuse their power consistently.
The global rules are set up to place a barrier between posters and moderation, and to protect moderation from criticism (GR8, anon), meaning that unless they entirely alter the site rules, it would never happen.
ヒロユキ is even worse in respect to transparency and moderation compared to the former failed goon-squad. You're got better chances of getting hired by Google before any of those suggestions being implemented.
>>
>>486458
Public bans are nothing but cancerous dick waving by the mods and all it does it attract the hoards of sycophants to start up with their MODS=GODS faggotry.
>>
Wow look at all the cry baby faggots. Reddits missing a lot of queers right now.
>>
>>486510
>no fun allowed
>>
>>486569
Your idea of fun is mindless conformity and repetition.
Hiveminds aren't fun, faggot.
>>
Mandatory mod IDs are a good idea.

Moot chose to eschew accountability in favour of anonymity, which was fine because he legitimately gave a shit.

No offense to Hiro, but I get the impression this place is essentially run by high-level mods now, we no longer have a centralised authority managing this shit so now we need accountability to the users.
>>
>>486572
Then gtfo you stupid fuck where the hell do you think you are? Jesus you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>486572
There's always that faggot who complains about everything. 4chan has been a hivemind for 12 years, a hipster /q/tard won't change it.
>>
>>486224
>I want as much infighting and bureaucracy added to the websites moderation as possible
Maybe reddit would be more your speed?
>>
>>488888
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.