[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-moderation per thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
>Not just allowing OP to moderate his own threads(or a max of 1 thread)
>Thus allowing genuine self-moderation and identifying the best users and mods, as well as the most destructive and useless which would make for horrible mods.
>>
The best way to self moderate is to report and ignore. I don't think the 8ch or Reddit ideology of moderating your own little forum is good.
>>
>>486069
seconding this, just report it unless you're on designated shitposting board
>>
>>486077
>>486069
Care to actually argument why do you always feel the need to be submissive and controlled? Is it in your nature as a faggot or you genuinely don't want to risk having some big fat tripfag telling you how to post in "his" thread?
>>
>>486644
/a/ has been doing "self-moderation" since forever. It doesn't work.
>>
>>486644
Enjoy malicious OPs fucking with you until end of days.
>>
>>486067
This should be a feature only allowed to a few people on a quality board such as /tg/. If you gave it to /b/ or /v/ then there'd be endless my opinions > yours debacles and many janitors+mods would have to ban OPs for abusing their powers.

Still just because of how cynical and bitter 4chan's userbase has become I still want to see it happen, because let's face it. 4chan is always a giant cesspool, a giant sewer of the internet and some extra chaos won't kill what is already dead.
>>
There is way too much traffic to handle that, mods and janitors can't even combat shitposting as it is. And how would you track who is who? You'd need an account system, IP's are easily replaced. Will there be a system of checks and balances to make sure a group of users don't prop each other up in cooperation with a mod to promote their shit, which could extent to bribery of the mods by people trying to viral? There are a ton of implications and this is nowhere as simple as it sounds. You're basically asking for the site to fundamentally alter how it handles itself.
>>
>say something OP personally doesn't like
>he bans you from his thread

How bout no.
>>
>>486644
How is allowing some faggot OP to have moderation over his thread any better? Do you realize just how much of this site's user base is made up of thin skinned faggots? Just look at the whiny pencildicks who frequent /pol/ and tell me you'd want them to be able to delete posts in their threads.
>>
>>486067
utter newfag mentality
>>
>>486067
>Let's shit up the board with dozens of duplicate topics where the only difference is the OP.
Yeah. Great idea.
>>
Alright, which one of you fuckers painted a huge "Whiny tards welcome" sign pointing to /qa/?

It was funny for about a week, but now it's getting old. Please take it down.
>>
Good to see this board is still as useless as ever
>>
>>487310
Yeah, I don't know why people think mods or Hiroshima-kun even read it.
>>
>>487312
I bet swagpants still reads it
>>
File: 876547890.png (102 KB, 345x230) Image search: [Google]
876547890.png
102 KB, 345x230
>>486067
>Allowing OP to remove posts that disagree with him
What a stupid fucking idea.
>>
As long as it's disabled for /vg/ I think it might be fine
>>
>>487256
How the fuck is that any different from expressing an opinion that isn't part of the hivemind on a board like /a/, then having dozens of spergs completely shitting up the thread then hours later be given a ban by the mods using their catch-all global rule, which is merely just the result of your opinion being mass reported by these fucking autists and mods not caring about looking into what the post actually was?

>>487309
The worst people are the whinny little cunts like you who completely fucking sperg out at the slightest drop of criticism and try to derail threads like you're doing now, in order to distract other anons.

You're fucking scum, mate.
>>
>>486067
There are lots of bad ideas but this has to be the worst.
>>
>>487312
I'd skim it. Large scale spam usually gets a thread here and will update if it continues after the normal banning/deleting procedures. Way easier than monitoring a board if it's not one of the ones I normally oversee.

>>487349
It's clearly different in a number of aspects. Which doesn't really matter since they're both terrible things. Comparing a terrible idea to another terrible thing doesn't somehow make either better.
>>
>>487336
Not as stupid as an anonymous message board filed with underagedB&
>>
testing
>>
>>487359
no, it's much more stupid. it might be the worst idea ever suggested on this board.
>>
>>487383
>!d9iT
>id9iT
>idgit
>idiot
You passed.
>>
>>487453
>No, it's much more stupid. It might be the worst idea ever suggested on this board.

Made some corrections for you. Be sure to do your homework.
>>
I don't see the problem with this, I think it's actually a very good idea and worth a try just like the idea of an anonymous chinese image-based site.
>>
>>489158
Make a pull request to another site, then maybe if it works it will be done here in a few years if it's still alive.
>>
>But you don't see me injecting carrot juice into my veins.
>>
>>487296
That would only happen with general threads. Just ban generalfags and problem solved.
>>
>>489395
Nah. That would happen with every thread with a topic. So I guess shitposters would be fine with it.
>>
>>487044
And /pol/ has been letting the mods handle the moderation for them.
Which would you say is better?
>>
>>489415
/pol/
>>
>>486644
>Make Shitpost thread
>Delete posts and block users who disaggree
>Thread stays up forever because it doesn't hit bump limit, because OP keeps deleting posts
>All threads pretty much become "OP's safespace"
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.