[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is at least 20% of 4chan underage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Is at least 20% of 4chan underage?
>>
Probably. Imo, university-kids shitpost far more than underage. It could be due to underage trying to act "adult", so they aren't found out.
>>
>>485892
more like greater than 50%
>>
>>485892
4chan was always full of underage. I'm more worried about elderly posters.
>>
I would almost gaurentee it's 75% + underage.

I'm 19 and the site makes me feel old. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone reading this was underaged
>>
>>485892
It depends on what boards you include.
/b/ is like this guy said.>>486001
And I guarantee you that /o/ is upwards of 99% above age.
>>
>>485892
sitewide? 20% is probably a good estimate. i guarantee it's no less than 10%.
i honestly believe it's around 50% on /b/, though.
>>
>>485893
This is only anecdotal evidence, but I definitely started shitposting more after turning 18. Without the worry of being called out it's easier to post dumb shit.
>>
>>486045
That's because of the interest topic of the board. /k/ is most likely majority adult as well. /vr/ is a good bet too probably.

>>486001
Also 19, started on /b/ in 2012 and then moved to /sp/ after the summer olympics. It's very odd seeing how the board has changed over the years
>>
>>485892
Each board is different. The faster boards (/b/, /v/, /pol/, /a/, etc.) all probably have a high proportion of underage users (~50%) while the slower boards are a lot more mature (/sci/, /lit/, /ck/, etc.).
>>
>>485892
I always thought that the site started off with a high proportion of underage. Eventually they all grew up and the people that remained now complain about the quality of the site because a new wave of underage have come and their style of posting differs from the original wave of underage and the original wave reminisce about the good ol' days because they're nostalgic for old memes and don't like the new wave of underage memes and you've got this whole big conflict going on and it's just one big clusterfuck.

You know what I'm saying?
>>
>>486181
Too many new people to assimilate properly. Culture is changing and it's a bad thing.
>>
>>486181
What were old memes like?
>>
>>486078
Underage people sleep at night, while the generals on /int/ in which the countries have the same timezone tend to be shittier before night
>>
I remember I was underaged on /b/ back in the day. Now im 22 and Im feeling old on better boards. You can obviously notice that there are loads of underage when you see the content they post.
>>
File: lolocaust.jpg (59 KB, 780x616) Image search: [Google]
lolocaust.jpg
59 KB, 780x616
>>486452
Innocent fun. Although I dont think they would fly in the modern internet anyway. Thinks like emoticons, EPIC, LOL and such got taken over by 16 year old attentionwhores and then by the facebook generation. So in order to distinguish us from them you can no longer use those phrases. So what happens is constantly burning bridges behind you as soon as the masses get their hands on the latest image macros (or memes as those get called incorrectly now). It made things so cynical that the innocent fun of early memes never can be achieved anymore
>>
>>486465
Everything inside a general thread is shit.
If you want a chat room then go elsewhere.
I just fucking love seeing 30+ general threads on /int/.
>>
>>485892
https://youtu.be/a292DTRZ9Vc
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.