[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, guy from /co/ here. I have a question regarding the hungry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 1452873786580.jpg (225 KB, 843x716) Image search: [Google]
1452873786580.jpg
225 KB, 843x716
Hey, guy from /co/ here.
I have a question regarding the hungry game threads on there, since it seems those have been recently sent to /trash/.

My issue is.. what rules are being broken there, exactly?

I mean, so far, people there seem to not do much outside of trying to have fun and not breaking the rules that are related to 4chan and /co/ in general.

Can any mod or somebody explain it to me?
>>
>>485791
I don't think you guys did anything wrong. It's just a corrupt mod fucking with you.
>>
>>485793
Probably the same mod ruining the drawthreads?
>>
>>486084
Yep!
>>
It's definitely the same mod doing this.
He did this twice today, and he targets the most inopportune times.
>>
>>485793
>It's just a corrupt mod fucking with you.
Pretty sure it's this. I don't really go to the hunger game threads but the few times I've seen them I haven't seen anything bad.
>>
>>486090
It's always when nominees have been cut off and the games are about to start.

[spoiler]Maybe he's butthurt that is noms never get in?[/spoiler]
>>
The threads are off-topic generals. Die a hero before you become a villain.
>>
>>486107
>off-topic
No
>generals
No
Good job, you are wrong twice in one sentence.
>>
>>486108
I'll admit they're pretty off-topic, but not more so than a lot of the other threads on /co/ that are vaguely /co/-related.
>>
>>486107
>Off topic
Question, since the hungry games are, well, RNG-based games, would they go to /tg/ or /v/?
Even if they're not /co/ related, there should be at least a board where the games can be hosted.

And second
>general
Wouldn't that mean that the games are endless, and so are the threads?
Because then that's wrong, we only do like 4 at much a day, and it's only on weekends.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, though.
>>
>>486110
Seriously, we had a thread on Goosebumps covers that reached bump limit today.
>>
/co/ has some autistic mods who just delete and move threads because they feel like it, this is what happens when you have no oversight for mods.
>>
>>486112
>go to /tg/ or /v/
Nah fuck right off on both those suggestions. Take it to /b/ or /trash/
>>
>>486134
But both of those suck, especially /trash/ because the avatarfags try to antagonize us.
>>
>>486134
I'm asking to the people who actually moderate the boards what is their stance, not people whose opinion is as bad as mine.
>>
>>486107
Ok, let's dissect this.

>off-topic
Well, /HGW/ actually stays on topic better than most threads since the topic is the games. Now you could say that is it because it isn't inherently about cartoons, but the /co/ games are extremely strict about what they let in and have attacked people who have tried to get their /a/ waifus and favorite /v/ character in the games when they have no relation to /co/. In that respect, /HGW/ is more on topic than many threads on /co/ (I'll post examples in a few mins).

>generals
Well, I guess it is a gereal, but it is a weekend only general and nowhere near bad as "Where's Becky General" or "Homestuck General". Both of them often end up talking about something completely unrelated to the OP and I know that "Where's Becky General" is sometimes used to talking about another webcomic. So, yeah, in terms of what goes on in there, it is on topic and noting like the things that go down in "RWBY/RT General".
>>
>>486141
>(I'll post examples in a few mins).

>>>/co/81346331
Goosebumps thread, the mo turns a blind eye to it even if it belongs on >>>/lit/ or >>>/x/ or even >>>/tv/ and-
My god, it’s been up since yesterday!

>>>/co/81390014
Ok, I’ve got no idea what this is even trying to do.

Also multiple BvS and Zootopia threads are going on, but the hunger games need to be deleted.
>>
>>486154
I don't know why, but there I looked around in the archives and there was a Zootopia thread that was deleted very quickly. Nothing looked wrong about it.

Anyway, the beef is that there's some mod who's almost Barneyfag-tier in regards to the games. All kinds of shit gets ignored but this guy is very quick to delete these threads or move them and at rather certain times in them, too.
>>
File: Pan-Pizza party podcast.png (90 KB, 430x750) Image search: [Google]
Pan-Pizza party podcast.png
90 KB, 430x750
While we are on the topic, can we also talk about how a mod always deletes any thread about Pan?

>>486157
My personal theory is that Starwars guy became a mod and is enacting his revenge.
The saga of Starwars guy is something /HGW/ will never forget.
>>
The same mod just did it again.
>>
Everything is fucking terrible.

Seriously, make it so mods have to make a post with the reason for thread deletion and give mods Forced IDs.
>>
>>>/co/81393197
So sad.
>>
At this point, the mods on /co/ should either stop deleting threads for no reason or just straight-up say "no, you cannot have a self-contained thread about comics and cartoons on /co/".
>>
>>486195
Or at least a way to report abuse of mod powers.
>>
>>486157
>All kinds of shit gets ignored but this guy is very quick to delete these threads or move them and at rather certain times in them, too
That's the part that's frustrating. He doesn't just delete them when he sees them, he waits until we start nominating. If he were doing it for the sake of rules he'd get it as soon as he saw it, but he's just being a dick for no reason.
>>
Honestly, moving the /co/ games to /trash is even worst than deleting threads.

/trash/'s hunger games are nowhere near as organized and filled with avatars and roll play. If the /co/ games stay there /trash/ is going to eventually bleed over and the only games with both quality and standards will be dead.
>>
>>>/co/81386775
Why doesn't stuff like this get sent to /trash/?
>>
>>486244
Or the JoJo threads that have been going on non stop for over a month.
Really, it should stick to /a/ and if people want to talk about JoJo they should go to /a/.
>>
>>486244
I think those threads do get deleted sometimes, but not as often recently. A couple months ago they were a daily occurrence so they got deleted more, of course.
>>
>>486247
Wait, seriously? There's Jojo threads on /co/?

What kind of fuck up reasoning would they have jojo threads on fucking /co/?
>>
>>486253
/co/'s treated as some sort of "nerd culture" board by many people, so you see things like that and off-topic threads that are made because the OP and other people think that the right boards for them would reject the subject for whatever reason.
>>
Honestly, I can't even understand what is going on anymore.
All I know is that /HGW/ deserves to be on /co/ more than JoJo fan fiction.
>>>/co/81362276
>>
>>486287
Like I've said earlier, it's probably one person doing this. He certainly doesn't care about those threads.
>>
>>486289
This is why I wish there was a way to complain about a corrupt mod. From what I understand, /o/ also suffers from this, but I never go there so I can't be too sure.

It's just not right that there is no accountability or a way to actually talk to a mod and discuss things.
>>
>>486295
there is always the feedback buttom
>>
>>486259
>/co/ is treated as a nerd culture board
I wonder what else it is. Back when Twilight were only books (before, even, the Comic Book adaptions) that was talked about there as if it were only natural. It was fucking weird.
>>
>Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next 48 hours.

Oh shoot, is this the chance the boards have been waiting to finally make some changes?
>>
>>486157
Deleting or moving a thread when he notices it isn't close to Barneyfag-teir at all. Get back to me when he's spamming unrelated threads for hours on end just because they happened to mention the games.
>>
>>486563
Janitors have no power.
>>
File: Sadbunga.png (165 KB, 399x360) Image search: [Google]
Sadbunga.png
165 KB, 399x360
>>486287

>My games thread is more deserving than a fanfic project paying homage to a popular series

Seriously m8. Stop pointing fingers at other people and saying they should be the ones to be purged.
>>
>>486657
I'm saying that there should be some constancy in how the threads are judged.
Also, JoJo is /a/.
>>
>>486683
Although it's technically a /co/ project at heart, since they only used core parts of Jojo so far.

Also, while you're right, we also don't have the complete power to judge it, it's the job of the mods (who still haven't answered this thread)
>>
>>>/co/81411278
>>>/co/81415299
>>>/trash/2166864

Well it was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>486851
Yep, we're already being bombarded by roll play and daily dose.
>>
>>485791

This look like the TF2 comic style to anybody other than me?
>>
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the mod was posting as an anon in the hunger games thread since there has been an sudden increase in people who keep saying that /trash/ isn't so bad and the /co/ games can survive there despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary. I know a lot of them are just trolls since it is /trash/, but some of it really feels like a mod trying to pretend to be part of the /HGW/ community and sticking out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>486563

Having a new influx of janitors won't do jack; that's like a hardware store's manager firing all of the stockboys while their supervisor is still in the back huffing paint.

It's the mod that's the problem.
>>
>>486132
>almost every godzilla thread gets spammed with "THIS ISN'T /CO/ RELATED" likes we're on fucking /x/ all of a suddened

>instead of at least moving it to /trash/ or /m/ the mods delete the board entirely
>>
>>486163
>While we are on the topic, can we also talk about how a mod always deletes any thread about Pan?

Pan subtly said he sometimes makes threads about himself on /co/
Once the mods found out they associated that with shilling so now they delete every pan pizza thread
>>
>>487025
>Pan subtly said he sometimes makes threads about himself on /co/
Humm, that's odd, because I've heard it said that he goes on /co/ but only lurks instead of posts.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.