[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the admin(s) have to remove pointless fun stuff like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gamboy.jpg (31 KB, 360x402) Image search: [Google]
gamboy.jpg
31 KB, 360x402
Why did the admin(s) have to remove pointless fun stuff like double tripcodes, empty spoiler tag tricks (blankposting/black greentext) and fullwidth text?
>>
autists were being triggered when other posters used them for funposting.
>>
>>485764
No fun allowed.
>>
>>485764
>double tripcodes
?
>>
File: 1435411296896.jpg (29 KB, 960x163) Image search: [Google]
1435411296896.jpg
29 KB, 960x163
>>485832
"Name#trip1##trip2" in the name field used to allow you to have an insecure and secure tripcode at the same time.
>>
>double tripcodes removed
gay
>>
hey ervy1 whats up gamboys
>>
>>485826
>>485829
This whole "all of 4chan is for shitposting and if you disagree with me you're a triggered autist" thing needs to stop. And for that to stop, Redditors need to be banned for posting this shit.
>>
the removal of the email field was dumb too, now you can't have secret conversations with people or put :^) faces
>>
>>485943
It was good for weeding out certain types of people, too. Not so much people from those "boogeyman" sites, but the normalfags that would make it abundantly clear that they just found this site by responding to hentai threads only after filling out every available information field (with their real-life personal e-mail address) thinking it's a requirement.
>>
>>486179
What he said.
>>
>>486179
That wasn't a bad thing desu. Some very funny things happened due to fags compiling the email field, like that clopper Norwegian boy
>>
Oh and also I want visible sage back
>>
>>485943
>>486485
Dies, uezs.
>>
>>486439
>>486482
No one has ever used the email field in earnest thinking that they had to put in their email in order to post, retards.
>>
>>485943
This. So much, this.

I would be fucking ecstatic, replying to a thread with something short and glib, but putting meaningful comment into the email field, and 9 out of 10 replies being "UGH, WHY DID YOU EVEN SAGE THIS THREAD?! IT'S NOT A DOWNVOTE, HERE LOOK, I JUST UNDID WHAT YOU DID!" and the other guy replying to my secrete message, then having a conversation with that guy. It was exquisite.

People would see the underlined name and just assume I was saging their hugbox. Never wasn't fantastic.
>>
>>486508
>he didn't visit /s/ and /hc/ when there still were mail fields
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.