[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is /v/, april fool's day, notice the absolute absence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: the vidya.png (1 MB, 1901x951) Image search: [Google]
the vidya.png
1 MB, 1901x951
This is /v/, april fool's day, notice the absolute absence of video game discussion which absolutely usual
>>
File: wapaneses.png (1024 KB, 1901x951) Image search: [Google]
wapaneses.png
1024 KB, 1901x951
>>485130
>which absolutely usual
which is absolutely unusual*

And this is /jp/, still april fool's day, notice the absolute absence of any different thread. No one sperging out, still posting like nothing happened.
>>
File: stormfront.jpg (876 KB, 1901x951) Image search: [Google]
stormfront.jpg
876 KB, 1901x951
Even /pol/, which is a board considered to have lots of retards on it, is still extremely close to posting like usual.

My point is /v/ is ridden with cancerous faggot that no board match, not even /b/. Please get rid of this filth.
>>
>>485137
>>485134
>>485130
Eh.
>>
>>485137
Well moot and Hiro have the same philosophy that if people build a community you shouldn't destroy it.

soooooooo we're fucked.

The only counter-argument that is valid is the fact that these boards can "catch-all" as in filter the retards from the better boards.

In my opinion >>>/sci/ is the worst of all boards since they are all idiots and pretend they are smart due to Wikipedia.
>>
>>485134
no, you had it right the first time
>>
>>485147
>Well moot and Hiro have the same philosophy that if people build a community you shouldn't destroy it.

These threads are pushing any discussion off the board. These threads are basically saying "fuck your video games we just want to funpost (read: shitpost)", they are destroying the communities that aren't cancerous in /v/, if there are any left

I agree that if you build a home for people you shouldn't destroy it afterwards. But here, it is getting annoying, very annoying. I don't know what would be the perfect solution, but i believe creating a board for all these kind of thing (LOL threads, twitter threads, meme threads) would do a very good thing for the board because these communities (those who want to funpost and those who want to discuss) can't stand each other and share the same place without one or the other being annoyed.

Or creating a board specifically for anything that isn't LOL threads, twitter threads or meme threads, related to video games. That way those cancerous fucks would stay in /v/ while we'd have an actual place to discuss video games.

But something has to be done.
>>
Nah. /v/ is so bad that even talking about it is considered meta now. Don't bother with it.
>>
Just give them Anthony Burch and everything will be calm.
>>
Where were you, when /v/ revealed how pathetic it was? Obsessing, over the name of a literally who that doesn't even matter. This alone, should be more than enough evidence that /v/ doesn't deserve to exist, and should be shut down because video games never have, and never will be discussed there in any manner. Nobody there is actually interested in vidya, and they should just be kicked back to where they belong, namely /a/ /tv/ /b/ /pol/ and /trash/
>>
Maybe they'll get the shitposting out of their system and go back to video games.
>>
>>485130
Trying to get Anthony Burch was funny for a bit but this is literally the worst /v/'s ever been. I'd rather have nonstop console warring all day than this shit. It'd be hilarious if some other board got Anthony Burch though.
>>
>>485130
>>485134
>>485137
What's your point?
>>
File: 1384566428603.jpg (35 KB, 517x373) Image search: [Google]
1384566428603.jpg
35 KB, 517x373
Try to avoid trees the next time you go skydiving, because god damn the stick up your ass is unbelievable.

Yes there are morons spamming the board with stupid shit, this is news to no one. It always happens with special events. What you shitheads love to ignore is that it WILL BLOW OVER once the event is done. The site will stop generating random names and they'll fuck off to their regularly scheduled business. I'm sorry that you need to be the center of attention RIGHT FUCKING NOW and nuke an entire page because no one is capable of responding to you amidst the noise. E3 is coming around the corner, I guess we should quarantine that and ban hundreds of people because they're pushing all of MY threads off the catalog.

Ten years ago people were asking to nuke /b/ for the same reasons, and they already realized that it was a bad idea because there's nothing stopping them from just doing the same shit on the rest of the site (which they did every time /b/ was down). You wanted to come to a site that gives everyone a voice, this is the price you have to pay. You want to be the center of attention that badly, then fuck off to some other website or chatroom or Steam group or whatever and quarantine people on your own terms.

>>485183
>this is literally the worst /v/'s ever been.
Shut the fuck up. You haven't seen anything.
>>
>>485246
>Yes there are morons spamming the board with stupid shit, this is news to no one. It always happens with special events. What you shitheads love to ignore is that it WILL BLOW OVER once the event is done.

Yeah, it doesn't happen every single day therefore it is acceptable! Very nice argument you got there. Every single time there is a news concerning Todd Howards, Anthony Burch, Chris chan, brianna wu, whoever the fuck you can meme about, there are multiple threads about it. Any tweet about or related to them or anyone you can be about, there will be multiple threads about it. It happens all the fucking time, not on this scale but all the fucking time there are threads like that.

And you better pray fucking god that none of those you can meme about appear at E3 or make announce related to games that /v/ are interested in because you can be sure that shitstorm will ensure if Brianna Wu pop up at E3 or some shit like that.

They are spergs. They sperg out. And they sperg out more if you call them out about it (see you first sentence for proof).

>E3 is coming around the corner, I guess we should quarantine that and ban hundreds of people because they're pushing all of MY threads off the catalog.
But E3 is directly related to video game discussions you fucking retard.
>>
>>485254
This thread is about the April Fools Day spam, which is the only thing I'm talking about, so you can fuck off with your bullshit attempt to change the subject by including all spam for no reason. You also don't have any grounds to criticize arguments with your logic that if I'm not actively fighting spam 24/7, then I must be directly supporting and causing it.

And I'm calling you a retard because you're starting a call to arms over something that WILL NOT LAST LONGER THAN A DAY, and you're an even bigger retard if you think there's much of anything the mods can do about it, let alone the solution being to remove an entire page that is not even the cause. If moot/hiro followed your example, then 4chan would be strictly anime and they'd just be another power-tripping faggot admin like anywhere else.

The spam is a thunderstorm, just wait it the fuck out, the mods don't need you to tell them what's going on. Everyone else is sitting inside and waiting for the storm to blow over, you're the only idiot that's getting pelted with hail and 40mph winds and complaining about it.
>>
>>485288
>This thread is about the April Fools Day spam, which is the only thing I'm talking about, so you can fuck off with your bullshit attempt to change the subject by including all spam for no reason.
Nice try faggot but i made it very clear in my third message what i was complaining about:

>>485137
>My point is /v/ is ridden with cancerous faggot that no board match, not even /b/. Please get rid of this filth.

I wouldn't mind this type thing if it was once in year, but it isn't. Those are the same faggots who post LOL threads and post Todd images because leee funny todd howards. We had lots of shitpost about Todd when Fallout 4 was popular, lots of shitpost about Kojima when MGS:V came out. The shitpost never stop, they just meme and meme non-stop. Today they shitpost about April's fool, tomorrow they still will, the day after too, and after that they'll shitpost about the new Fallout extension or the upcoming Minecraft Story Mode made by Telltale the same way they did when it was announced.

There are no brakes on this train.
>>
>>485130
>still even thinking about opening /v/ if you still enjoy videogames
meanwhile I was exploring virtual minds of machines at a distant planet.
>>
>>485134
I saw 1-2 threads about it but we have mods so they got deleted under 5 minutes.
Furthermore /jp/ is full of people loving the topic of the board. That is why there are there, lurk and post.
>>
>>485341
Oh, so the April Fools lead was just a cover for you to say stupid shit about how other people say stupid shit, because that's the only way to get shit done. Glad to see that this was a complete waste of everyone's time.

I'll leave you to your backwards attempt at more backseat moderation, but keep trying, the 25465939573th attempt might be the charm.
>>
File: 1449179080745.jpg (324 KB, 877x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449179080745.jpg
324 KB, 877x1024
>>485134
>>485137
>/v/ not talking about /v/ is unusual
>>
>>485379
Anonymous my friend! Where have you been?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.