[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When can we have the old layout back ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 002udcv.jpg (289 KB, 960x1344) Image search: [Google]
002udcv.jpg
289 KB, 960x1344
When can we have the old layout back ?
>>
Hopefully never. This is much more legible and modern.

The old layout was so old it was practically fossilized.
>>
>>484890
This is the biggest eyesore in the history of mankind.
>>
>>484894
How is this an eyesore? Google uses it and everyone loves Google+
>>
>>484890
There are still some problems though.
The boards at the top/bottom of the page needs to become big buttons.
And the quoting system needs to be changed. We need it to be "+Name Surname" instead of a post number (which should be hidden). We also need a "Like" button.
>>
>>484890
Probably bait but not a fan.
This has so much fucking wasted space just for the sake of wasted space. The cropped pictures are terrible and in a lot of cases make it hard to see what the picture is without hovering over, it fucked up the ability to click a picture and have it expanded in post.

When you scroll quickly down a page it's a lot harder to see where one thread ends and the next begins because it doesn't have the default layout's post wrapping around a borderless OP post. The way it/x under it handles clicking a post that responds to a post forces the text into progressively smaller horizontal margins so that you can only nest posts 4-5 deep before it becomes an absolute nightmare and the text is forced into a thin column.
>>
>>485124
>it fucked up the ability to click a picture and have it expanded in post.
It works for me.

Anyway I thought that was ironic. 4chan is one of the only famous websites with a good layout recently. [spoiler]Right after it we have Reddit and Tumblr. Everything else is bad.[/spoiler]
>>
>>484896
Google+ should have done 4chan layout for April Fool's.
>>
I just hate the thumbnail thing
>>
>>485138
oh god i hope this layout is just an April fool joke

its goddam terrible
>>
>>484883
>tfw you kind of like the new layout
>>
>>485211
really the cropping is the only fucking retarded part
>>
>>485211
You literally have to be brainwashed by the "smart" design philosophy to enjoy this.
>>
>>484883
after you tell me who this qt trap is
>>
I hate all the fucking whitespace. I'm one of those people who doesn't maximize all of my windows and puts them all side by side, and there's just so much fucking padding on everything. I hate it.
>>
>>485248
Risa Yoshiki (吉木りさ)
>>
>>485217
>>485211

There's far too much high value grey in this.
Burns my eyes.
>>
>>485211
Bleh.
They should leave it as an alternate skin, for chuckleheads like you, Leona.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.