[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"off topic" bans in /co/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-04-01-extreme.png (426 KB, 1000x333) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-01-extreme.png
426 KB, 1000x333
Okay, what the hell's up with the ban-fests in /co/ lately, specifically in Dumbing of Age threads? We've been hatereading and commenting on that strip for months, screencapping the funniest comments (or comments that overanalyze the CONTENT OF THE FUCKING STRIP and defend/extrapolate on THE CHARACTERS FROM THE FUCKING STRIP) and mocking Willis at will.

Next thing you know a couple anons bitch about our threads, and suddenly there's at least one anon bitching in every thread. And THEN suddenly I and others find ourselves banned for 24 hours for posting "off topic" content we've been posting for, I dunno, 13 months without problems now?

What the fuck's going on? We can have 3 separate BvS threads filled with people arguing over whether Zack Snyder knows how to compose a shot but not one thread discussing how crazy Cerebus is?
>>
>>484669
There is one mod on /co/ who is anti fun.
But those threads are just the same things over and over.
>>
>>484673
>But those threads are just the same things over and over.

Perhaps the same could be said of all 4chan threads.
>>
>>484669
Great as far as I'm concerned, hatereading is an overwhelmingly pathetic thing to do.
>>
>>484790
>implying
Come on, /co/ just moved up to shipping people IRL and bugging them on twitter to hook up.
>>
>>484669

i posted a dumbing of age thread that got deleted the other day

i think the jannies are just dickhurt about dumbing of age threads, there must be a willis fan on the hotpocket brigade
>>
>>485087

Likely. When I got banned first I got muted for fifteen minutes because someone had submitted a ban REQUEST, and as far as I know only Janitors can do that.

So at least one of our janitors must be a DoA fan.
>>
>>485652
Or maybe they realize that the threads are completely pointless since nobody is reading it because they actually like it?
>>
>>485655

Nobody reads QC because they actually like it.
Nobody reads the storytimes of pain because they actually like the comics.
Nobody watches the worst cartoons from the 90s they talk about in worst cartoons from the 90s threads because they like them, they just want to marvel at how bad they were.
Every /co/ filename thread is exactly the same, so they're completely pointless too.

Nothing we do here has a point. Absolutely nothing. But it's fun, and it wasn't hurting anyone except for two or three assblasted anons, Willis if he'd ever venture out of his hugbox, and whatever worthless janitor decided he was going to show those awful problematic jerks what for.
>>
>>484669
Probably because any thread devolves into talking about Walky, then into talking about tumblr and SJWs.

>>485670
>anything should be allowed as long as it's FUN!

Hello /v/
>>
>>485723
Arguably it's that anything should be allowed as long as it's on-topic.
>>
>>485652
janni seems to hate any work that is or was a general

homestuck thread are getting deleted on sight despite the series updating and the general being long dead

DoA got a general so it ay be getting the same treatment
>>
>>485655

>butthurt willis fan

but no really, why do you pretend to be caring this much about what other people want to talk about
>>
>>485655

>positivityfags

literally AIDS
i
t
e

r
a
l
l
y

a
i
d
s
>>
another dumbing of age thread deleted

good job janny hotpockets, you did it for free :(
>>
>>486394
It bumps off threads in the catalog that people are making for series they actually do like.

And for that matter, if you hate the comic so much, why do you care if the threads get deleted? Or do you need an echo chamber to reaffirm your hatred of it that badly?
>>
>>484669
Both /co/ and /mlp/ have been getting pushed harder for 'off-topic' in the last week or so. At least the /mlp/ mods had to say something about it once some intrepid mod dropped us to 6 pages.
>>
>>486538

it'd be nice if mods on /co/ would do the same thing, just tell us what the fuck is up and why the fuck they're doing it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.