[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw all trip and namefags are buttblasted for the day Please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1458040628519.png (41 KB, 309x267) Image search: [Google]
1458040628519.png
41 KB, 309x267
>tfw all trip and namefags are buttblasted for the day
Please make this change permanent, or better, make everyone anonymous again and changing your name in the name field will just not do anything like it does now.
>>
>>484248
It's just a joke, Anon. If you want names go to facebook or twitter.
>>
>>484255
He wants no recognisable names. He hates tripfags (as does everyone with a brain).
>>
>>484255
Learn basic reading comprehension dipshit.
>>
>>484248
There is literately nothing wrong with tripcodes.
Name one thing wrong with them other then "muh attention whores lmao". If you are actually that autistic then just enable forced anon.
>>
>>484257
twitter doesn't have recognizable names either.
>>484260
NO U
>>
Can we have this enabled on all boards as a replacement for IDs?

>>484265
muh cancerous circlejerk general threads
>>
File: 1458347331519.png (911 KB, 782x935) Image search: [Google]
1458347331519.png
911 KB, 782x935
>>484265
The problem is that most people sperg about them and then threads become back and forths between a trip and people mad at them instead of being about the topic the threads about.
The best solution is to just remove trips since they're largely unnecessary unless you're doing some kind of project or something.
>mfw its a buttblasted tripfag im responding to
>>
>>484270
Only a problem if you use those generals. Not to mention generals keep multiple threads on the same topic to a minimum. for example, on /g/ there can be many threads regarding linux help. So the /flt/ keeps those threads to a minimum. But your right when you say there are low quality generals, But removing tripcodes would not make them any higher quality.
>>
>>484277
>But removing tripcodes would not make them any higher quality.
What makes you so sure tripfag?
>>
Ayy lmao
>>
>>484282
I'm not a tripfag for one...
Anyway, Here is why.
Low quality circle jerk posters are going to be low quality circle jerk posters regardless if they have a tripcode or not. If you wanted to identify someone that's anon it's very easy to do. Tripcodes just make doing so easier.

People that call tripcode users tripfags are a part of the problem. You calling me a tripfag is circlejerking.
>>
>>484290
True, but I don't know how many boards you frequent but there are some generals where people use trips just for the sake of shitposting and I'd say the removal of tripcodes would clean up a lot of the shitposting.
Or at the very least, mods could ban trips via their code, not just their IP, if they abuse it too much.
>>
>>484294
>mods could ban trips via their code
I wish they would.
>>>/k/arg is pretty terrible.
>>
>>484294
Hmm... Banning a tripcode due to excessive low quality posting / shitposting is actually a really good idea. It could seriously cut down on circle jerking via people who abuse the tripcode function.

I frequent /d/ /r9k/ (just lurking) /g/ and /pol/ and sometimes i glance at /vg/ (cancer generals)
>>
>>484297
>>484308
I stay away from /vg/ now because of the cancer but the worst offender of tripcode abuse i've seen are /wwe/ threads on /asp/.
Just go to one of the generals before today and you will see what I mean, this is a perfect example of tripcode abuse and why I think banning abusive codes at least, if we're not going to outright outlaw trips, is something that needs to be done.
Namefags as well should be dealt with the same way.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHAHAHA.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>484265
>"Name other problems than the problems it has. Can't do eh?"
You are so fucking stupid, you made tidus laugh
>>
>>484294
>mods could ban trips via their code

They can and do, I single handedly got a tripfaggot's trip banned that posts on /tv/
>>
I came here to post about the +(You) reply thing and didn't even notice the names.
>>
>>484265
4chan is anonymous and trips are only used for dumping or creating something.

>you in charge of not being BTFO
>>
File: 1457584196802.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457584196802.png
164 KB, 500x500
>>484265
Not him, but tripfag circlejerks are one of the most egregious thread-destroyers around. Trips by themselves, I could care less. I hardly ever even look at the name field. But most of the time it starts to devolve into a circlejerk nothing conversation that pertains to no actual topic and that's bullshit.
>>
>>484248
Go away Virgil.
>>
>>484277
>Not to mention generals keep multiple threads on the same topic to a minimum.
This isn't a traditional forum. You are MEANT to have those multiple threads, not contain them, retard.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.