[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BAN MOBILE POSTING. This would fix almost all the biggest shitposting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Calvin.jpg (14 KB, 236x317) Image search: [Google]
Calvin.jpg
14 KB, 236x317
BAN MOBILE POSTING.

This would fix almost all the biggest shitposting issues we face these days.
>>
>>483959
>muh sekret club
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>483963
Secret club status has nothing to do with it. 90% of the shitposting I see is obviously from a smart phone. Not to mention typing on a phone isn't ideal and probably only encourages simple or memetic posts rather than actual thoughts or comments.
>>
>>483963
I think you're the one that needs to fuck off to that site if you don't want this to be a secret club, cancer.
>>
>>483966
You just replied with a memetic post. You can spam it all you want it won't make it true. Phoneposting isn't going anywhere. I suggest you find a new boogeyman, like reddit, or the Jews :D have a great day now!
>>
>>485591
>Phoneposting isn't going anywhere
It's not a bogeyman. Phones are immune to being banned and are responsible for the vast majority of shitposts.

It would VASTLY improve the site if you couldn't post from mobile.
>>
>>485593
Or just disabling creating threads and uploading images.
>>
>>485595
Something like that. It's just obvious to me that we stand to gain lots by limiting mobile posting. I bet half the retarded underage highschool posters would post half as much if they couldn't do it during class.
>>
>>485593
If phones are immune to being banned how do you ban mobile posting?
>>
>>485603
The site can detect if you're mobile, it's just that mobile posters don't have a fixed IP so there's nothing for the site to ban.
>>
Why do you have a problem with mobile posting?

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.