[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not even reddit has those trash google capatchas >not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1456145653720.jpg (73 KB, 530x356) Image search: [Google]
1456145653720.jpg
73 KB, 530x356
>not even reddit has those trash google capatchas
>not even reddit purposly fucks the user to make the capatchas UNCOMPLETABLE when adblock is on
muh script kiddses, fuckin this site is bad because of those failure mods and devs
>>
>>482565
>>not even reddit has those trash google capatchas
They have accounts
>>not even reddit purposly fucks the user to make the capatchas UNCOMPLETABLE when adblock is on
Neither does 4chan
>>
Wait, reddit doesn't have captchas? How do you know that?
So, I can actually code a spambot to automatically create a new account, make a new thread or whatever it's called and upvote it with no limitations? Nice to know.
>>
Anyone who remembers 4chan before captchas wouldn't argue against them, so many fucking bots.
>>
>>482624

>muh spam

recaptcha isn't the only captcha in the world you know
>>
>>482622
Newly registered account have captcha on reddit. After some threshold of karma it's turned off.

There's already lots of bots on reddit but ones that just blatantly spam get banned, of course.
>>
>>482622
You need a captcha to make an account.

There are tons of novelty bot-accounts on that site though
>>
>>482622
Nice way to catch redditors.
>>482646
>>482647
If mods weren't such faggots, they would ban them.
>>
>>482665
fucking retard
>>
>>482644
if you know one that is free, can handle 4chan's traffic, and isn't easily solvable by bots please suggest it to the staff.
>>
>muh spam
because doing a fuckin capatcha 10 times for the botnet is ok
>>
Turn on legacy captcha and reNIGGER it you fucking stupid faggot holy shit.
>>
File: 1409197752487.jpg (7 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1409197752487.jpg
7 KB, 250x200
>>482565
>those trash google capatchas
>>
>>482622
Looks like they have the garbage Google captcha on signup and their own captcha if you make their equivalent of a thread (submit a link). That takes like five seconds to find out given they don't do email verification.
>>
BTW Reddit being open source and all means yet another obvious captcha that 4chan could immediately switch to contrary to what idiot goy like >>482712 believe

https://github.com/reddit/reddit/blob/master/r2/r2/lib/captcha.py
>>
>>483231
I have a greasemonkey script that makes me a new random number account every time I leave a comment on Reddit.
>>
>>483238
does 4chan get money from recaptcha? not sure
>>
>>483244
They get money from it being broken as fuck to get people to buy passes.
>>
File: k.jpg (10 KB, 178x220) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
10 KB, 178x220
>>484047
>>
I have adblock and recaptcha works fine
>>
>>483238
>Can handle 4chans traffic
and
>Isn't easily solvable by bots

There's a reason Reddit uses Google for account registration.
>>
run a cclean and no extension in browser to make this clean test
>turn legacy capatchas on
>have adblock on
>login to your google account on youbtube, gmail etc
>the easy number sometimes street names capatchas turn into unsolvable ones after a while
>>
>>482573
If I make 20 thousand Reddit accounts and I shitpost with those, what would they do?
>>
They do have captchas, but only for new users, who also have to wait 10 minutes in between comments. A lot of boards will also delete your posts automatically if you're a new user. These measures are due to the overwhelming amount of spam Reddit has gotten in the past few months - if this continues, you'll probably see more captchas and/or forced email registration.

And this has nothing to do with captchas, but the NSL "canary" Reddit put in their 2014 transparency report was removed in 2015.
>>
>>484614
It would be very painful.
>>
>not buying a 4chan pass
I full year of ban immunity and no captcha for the price of a nice meal
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.