[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which board is the most accessible to normies? Which board has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: 1453585141384.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1453585141384.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
Which board is the most accessible to normies? Which board has the highest concentration of normies?
>>
File: southparkanime[1].jpg (449 KB, 1012x399) Image search: [Google]
southparkanime[1].jpg
449 KB, 1012x399
>>481432
>>>/a/, anime is tremendously popular with nerds and outcasts and has been a mainstream fad for a couple of decades now.

In fact the number of /a/-related sub containment boards with continuously declining traffic that are left over from 4chan's earliest days is a testament to how blasé anime as a whole is now.
>>
>>481432
>>>/soc/
This isn't a secret
>>
File: 1421178241017.png (36 KB, 1908x1208) Image search: [Google]
1421178241017.png
36 KB, 1908x1208
>>481432
Probably /co/.
>>
>>481458
That has to do with females. Also tumblrites aren't exactly normalfags.
>>
/tv/. There is nothing more normalfag than talking about the latest mainstream movies and shows, it is right up there with talking about weather, cooking and shit they're planning for their families/gfs etc for "things normalfags talk about at the water cooler/break room at work".

/mu/ is up there too but at least the board makes some attempt to foil normalfag tastes (not really though as the popularity of mainstream shit like kanye attests). /tv/ is much more about capeshit than anything else these days. I get asked at work if I saw the latest capeshit along with GoT, "do you watch Adventure Time", "do you watch Big Bang Theory" etc.

Video games are pretty normalfag too with people often talking about mobas or Assassin's Creed or whatever too. Lots of casual Nintendo fans out there. You can crash a party of the dudeiest dudebros and probably be able to get a game of Smash going if you brought it up and there was an Wii or wiiU lying around. Odds are a few people can play you at MvC or some shit too.

>>481436
What a boldly-smelling shit this post is. You never talk about anime at work or around normalfags lest you want to be quickly outcasted for liking anything beyond Akira or Miyazaki movies. Maybe some people who saw DBZ, Naruto and Bebop or whatever else as teens wouldn't mind you bringing then up purely for nostalgia but will totally go "but yeah besides those all anime is shit now" which is a trademark casual normalfag assessment.
>>
>>481462
Anime is hip nowadays, it's nu-male material.
My Little pony on the other hand, now THAT is something you can never mention at all.
>>
File: 1450182885711.jpg (65 KB, 591x363) Image search: [Google]
1450182885711.jpg
65 KB, 591x363
/b/ and /tv/.
>>
>>481468
>nu-male material
Why is /pol/ so tsundere for /a/?
>>
>>481468
Epic fursecution
>>
>>481458

How the fuck would you calculate that
>>
>>481468
I don't know, pretty sure nu males would hate a lot of anime because it "objectifies women" aka they are deathly afraid their SJW 4/10 gf/wife will leave them for not agreeing with them.

You can pick almost any TV show or movie or any new music album coming out and talk about it on Facebook just fine. People may disagree with you on some things but won't get super offended (unless they are really autistic about something i.e metalhead). At worst they just won't give you a like.

There are hundreds of anime out there that could well get you unfriended on facebook for liking or talking about our loud. Go on, talk about how much you love im@s and Oreimo or whatever on facebook and see how long it takes for your friends to dip, or even to get a call from work or family asking to explain yourself. Like Precure or Prisma Ilya on facebook and send your "friends" running for the hills. Granted, there are some recent anime out there that are declared normalfag safe such as SnK and Jojo, but they are a tiny piece of 100-150+ new shoes airing a year you would be very wise to not discuss with normalfags.

I may point out MLP has a similar effect. But I don't think anyone argues that that's normalfag material or not. However the vast majority of anime is not.
>>
>>481488
Moe anime might not be for nu-males, that's true. But stuff like Evangelion is definitely nu-male approved.
>>
>>481500
Eh, kind of splitting hairs there as those may overlap with the normalfag-friendly titles overall. Would a nu male like SnK? Very possible. However many non-nu males probably like it too, etc.
>>
>>481486
I basically pulled it right out of my arse, but people will repost it constantly as if it's evidence. They do the same with that pie chart (also mine).
>>
/pol/, Most are redditors. They're the only board trying to get more people on 4chan.
>>
I haven't been there, but I'd imagine /sp/

>>481523
>trying to get more people on 4chan
Why the fuck would they do that?
>>
>>481458
I sorta want to think /co/ is only so high because /co/ and tumblr tend to talk about the same cartoons
>>
>>481525
more people to do their bidding under the guise of 'memeing'
>>
/b/ for sure
>>
>>481525
>Why the fuck would they do that?
To "redpill" others
Disregarding weather they are right or wrong, they are the only board to actively posting on other sites and are proud to see their jokes and memes being posted on twitter or reddit. Besides that, the board is not even that fringe anymore. What used to be a nazi, holocaust-denying, conspiracy theorist board, is now just an 'alt-right' conservative board. Instead of most users being readers of stromfront, most of them read breitbart now. They're mainstem, they're proud to be mainstream, and they want to be even more mainstream.
>>
>>481538
worst board on 4chan by this basis
>>
File: 1452816652442.gif (3 MB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1452816652442.gif
3 MB, 420x315
>>481436
What the fuck are you talking about?

Do you even browse /a/?
>>
>>481432
>normies
>cancer man
Stay in your containment board, /r9k/.
>>
>>481574
I like wojak better than pepe but not by much. Oh well. It was inevitable that both would come to this. I wonder what the next massive exploitable fad is going to be.
>>
>>481432
/a/
It's full of American teenagers.
>>
>>481468
Numales hate anime because 'muh fanservice' and because it's 'childish'
It's a retarded statement anyway because you can't neatly fit individual people into memes.
>>
>>481525
They're the politics board.
Of course they want others to see what they have to say.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 628x757) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 628x757
I don't have a problem with "normies". I've seen 4chans "abnormies" and I'd rather hang out with the normies, thanks. They're better educated, easier to get along with, less neurotic, less concerned with Internet drama, more entertaining and just less faggotry in general.

Saying "normie" just advertises to me that people don't want to know you and they're probably right.
>>
File: 1453060913788.jpg (182 KB, 1364x458) Image search: [Google]
1453060913788.jpg
182 KB, 1364x458
Post 2013 /tv/
baneposting was a mistake
>>
>>481669
Saying "normie" indicates you are underaged, from /r9k/ or tumblr

We say normalfag around here, chum
>>
File: 1459065507151.png (3 MB, 1424x6288) Image search: [Google]
1459065507151.png
3 MB, 1424x6288
>>481523
Do you have a single fact to back up your claims?

Your question begging epithet isn't credible
>>
>>482028
>Do you have a single fact to back up your claims?

Number one: In 1945, corporations paid 50 percent of federal taxes. Now they pay about 5 percent. Number two: in 1900, 90 percent of Americans were self-employed; now it’s about two percent.
>>
>>481432
/a/. Most of the discussion is about whatever series are currently airing, many of which require little to no knowledge of the industry/previous anime series to discuss.
>>
File: 1453962779228.jpg (21 KB, 402x480) Image search: [Google]
1453962779228.jpg
21 KB, 402x480
>>482028
>Do you have a single fact to back up your claims?
Well there were two claims I made. The second post is pretty self explanatory, them being a political board, but I spelled it out here: >>481538
The other claim I made was that most are redditors. This is tied into the other claim. There are many on /pol/ who make the argument that it's important for other /pol/ users to "redpill" others online, usually through some social media site or reddit. They're the only board telling reddit to come to 4chan and they're politically motivated in doing so. Threads and posts like >>>/pol/69406089 are not rare. The reddit board /r/the_donald get's many of it's content from /pol/ and vice versa. Same with /r/4chan. At any given time almost half of all the posts on that subreddit come from /pol/. This isn't unexpected given /pol/ is a political board. Of course they'd want to expand, but /pol/ bringing in more and more fags from other sites is doing it's little part in creating today's internet monoculture. There practically isn't any difference in users, discussion, jokes, and memes for all websites now. The jokes you see on twitter are the same you see on reddit which are the same you see on 4chan.
>>
>>482163
The reason it's okay for her to look into her gun in the context of the show is because her life has no value.
>>
>>482163
Don't forget /r/european. Most of the 18,000+ of those redditors also use /pol/.
>>
File: 1458956947655.png (134 KB, 318x402) Image search: [Google]
1458956947655.png
134 KB, 318x402
>>482165
Don't forget the fact that the song in the OP is the fucking tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxoH_5CnhM
>>
>>482212
If we're talking full English OPs I'd say the Mushishi ones are superior but it's still quite a good one. I mean, not like many things can hope to outdo Mushishi anyway.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.