[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I would like to start a discussion about the possibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: daisies.jpg (209 KB, 780x589) Image search: [Google]
daisies.jpg
209 KB, 780x589
Hello, I would like to start a discussion about the possibility of adding a /film/ board to the site. Also, is Hiro still alive?
>>
You'll have to call it "movie" as the word "film" seems to make people insecure
>>
4chan staff hate /tv/
>>
>>480902
they should add new mods and janitors to /tv/ first 2bh
>>
>>480902
You already have /tv/, you fucking idiot.
Piss off.

>>480997
>board full of lowest common denominator normalfags
It isn't just the mods who hate that board and the cretins it attracts, it's everyone outside of /tv/ that hates the board.
>>
/rv/ is fine
>>
>>480902
If mods made a /film/ board it would quickly turn into /bane/ and /cape/shit.

Meanwhile, with the 'cinema' portion removed, /tv/ would become /cunny/ - underage celebs & waifu posting
>>
>>481222
>it would quickly turn into /bane/ and /cape/shit
I like the idea of a sticky that would say something along the lines of "this board is intended for the discussion of art films, not capeshit/blockbusters"
>>
I've never understood this /film/ meme. Every time pretentious /tv/ hipsters bring it up they act as though it would be an exclusive discussion board for independent, arthouse or otherwise "patrician" films, as if the flick / movie / film / kino meme is actually real and not arbitrary to the extent of being undefinable. We will never have both a /film/ and a /tv/ board on 4chan unless /film/ is exclusively for movies (and ALL movies) and /tv/ is exclusively for television. To suggest otherwise is insanity.

>>480997
"Hate" is probably the wrong word, considering that the reason why /tv/ is so shit is because it's gingermod's funhouse.
>>
>>481748
but the only reason anyone wants /film/ is to get away from capeshit
>>
>>481751
I agree it's a noble cause, but it's just not one I can realistically see the mod team agreeing to because the definition of what constitutes "film" and what constitutes capeshit / blockbusters / movies is so nebulous that it would be impossible to enforce.
>>
>>480902
/kino/
>>
>>481751
>Ban all capeshit on /film/
>Next Star Wars sequel comes out
>Sheev and Finnposting everywhere
>Youaskedforthis.jpg
>Youcouldhavepreventedthis.png
>>
>>481844
Get this: /film/fags actually think that Star Wars is a superhero movie
>>
all the movies people want to keep out of /film/ are simply genre fiction equivalents
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.