[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people here unironically watch children's cartoons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: manchildbrother.jpg (110 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
manchildbrother.jpg
110 KB, 640x920
Why do people here unironically watch children's cartoons? Stuff like Adventure Time and Steven Universe, this shit is meant for teenagers and children. Why are you still watching these shows? You're not the target audience. I think it's quite sad that adults are discussing things like Steven Universe so much that the thread hits bump limit. Do you have no self-awareness? Don't you think it's time to grow up and stop consuming children's media? What I found even more pathetic is that there are a few /pol/cucks who post on /co/, for supposedly "redpilled" people they sure act like bluepilled manchildren. I mean I'm no weeaboo but at least anime is aimed at a more adult audience, American animation has been around longer and yet it is unable to produce masterpieces like Evangelion which can actually be appreciated by normal adults. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm trying to get you guys to take a look at yourselves. Adults are supposed to move on from comics and cartoons to literature, television and film. Think of it this way, what would your parents say if they saw you reading comics and watching cartoons? How about your friends? Your boss?
>>
File: umad42491.jpg (112 KB, 573x493) Image search: [Google]
umad42491.jpg
112 KB, 573x493
>>479148
Why would you be so buttmad about the actions of others that you would punch out these nine lines of angsty, unpunctuated rubbish?

> sage/hide etc
>>
>>479148
my mom still watches SpongeBob sometimes while she sews

they watch them because it's fun, it's not that hard to comprehend, and from what I've seen SU is not that bad of a show. I'm not a fan of adventure time though
>>
>>479148

>Stuff like Adventure Time and Steven Universe

so, redditors?
>>
>>479148
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

A truly mature person has no issue with watching cartoons aimed as children. If you're an adult, you'll enjoy what you find enjoyable. Simple as that.
>>
>>479175
C.S. Lewis saying something doesn't make it right
>>
>>479175
Nice damage control.
>>
>>479148
This but anime
>>
>>480909
What in his quote do you disagree with?
>>
>>479148
I'm kid inside.
>>
>>480960
It's retarded because in our society it is frowned upon to watch children's cartoons. Lewis is not representative of billions of people.
>>
>>481086
>because in our society
In "our" society intelligence and asking questions is also frowned upon.

I hope you bleed out in a ditch, cunt.
>>
>>481094
Sir, are you a manchild? Do you watch children's cartoons, whether Western or Eastern? Do you play videogames?
>>
>>479148
>Evangelion
>not for kids

Dude.
>>
>>481117
It can be appreciated by young adults. It's more aimed at late teens. 14-25 range.
>>
Capeshit is normie as fuck though
>>
>>481086
Lewis's argument is you shouldn't limit what you enjoy based on what you think society wants.

I think one of the issues with this quote is that people try to use it to justify only consuming children's or simple media, or even denouncing more mature stuff, which I don't think is what Lewis meant for. He clearly appreciated adult and complex works himself. I think it's mostly about keeping an open mind and feeling secure about your choices.
>>
Read a book niggas
>>
>>479148
>Why do people here unironically watch children's cartoons?
Because they enjoy them. I'm glad I headed off that tl;dr off at the pass.
>>
and you're not the target audience of this website faggot
>>
>>479148
>Why do people here unironically watch children's cartoons?
Because they're good. At least, the good ones are. You wouldn't find me watching Uncle Grandpa or Lego Ninjago but there are some genuinely good shows to be found in children's tv.

>Adults are supposed to move on from comics and cartoons to literature, television and film.
>implying I don't read adult literature, watch R-rated movies, etc.
That's the great advantage of being an adult. Kids only get to watch kid stuff, but you can enjoy kid stuff and mature stuff.

>Think of it this way, what would your parents say if they saw you reading comics and watching cartoons? How about your friends? Your boss?
Nobody cares m8.

>>479175
Pretty standard response but it's not wrong.

>>481086
> in our society it is frowned upon to watch children's cartoons
So you don't want to watch them just because you're afraid people will look down on you? Pretty pathetic desu.
>>
File: 1386493732569.jpg (67 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1386493732569.jpg
67 KB, 400x302
What, do you really think being a manchildren was an epic meme, a joke?
>>
>>481218
>So you don't want to watch them just because you're afraid people will look down on you?
The best part is that that's the mentality of a kid with no control of his life instead of an adult.
>>
sage lol
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.