[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is not anywhere in global rule 3 and isn't ANYWHERE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (3 KB, 615x74) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 KB, 615x74
This is not anywhere in global rule 3 and isn't ANYWHERE in ANY rule, not even for the board in question. Explain.
>>
>>477802
RP threads are a special kind of cancer that are only barely tolerated on a handful of boards. /x/ is one of them, sometimes /pol/, /vp/ is not.
>>
>>477806
Then you should've made it a rule.
>>
>>477807
There are many unwritten rules. Lurk moar to learn them all.
>>
>>477810
That sounds like an excuse to ban people for whatever reason you please.
>>
>>477811
>an excuse to ban people for whatever reason you please.
Now you're starting to understand. >>>/global/rules/3 has always been the catch-all "I'm banning you just because" rule.
>>
File: that's what this is for.jpg (26 KB, 346x49) Image search: [Google]
that's what this is for.jpg
26 KB, 346x49
>>477812
Rule 3 (and 6) is telling us "don't act like an idiot".
The note at the bottom of the global rules is the excuse to do anything they want.
>>
I could've sworn there was a rule against Roleplaying
>>
>>477802
Why'd you censor what you were banned for?

>>477825
Some combination of R3, R6, and R13. RP threads are actually pretty common, though.
>>
>>477825
There is a rule against RP.

On /mlp/.

>>477810
>>477811
>>477812
>>477816
This is the most pants-on-head retarded shit I've seen in a long time. As a user of this site I have a right to know what the rules of this site are and shouldn't need to lurk in order to hope that I find an instance of the unwritten rule being broken and see that it's banned.

Which, by the way, would be almost impossible to do without getting banned yourself for some period of time, as you have no idea that said action is against unwritten rules and thus probably want to join in.

And it also doesn't excuse the fact that it's a local rule on one board that's being enforced on another via the "don't act like you're a /b/tard" rule.
>>
>>477850
You're welcome to stop browsing this site if you don't like it.
>>
>>478339
You're missing that dudes point. Why even have a rule list if mods won't follow it. Just delete all the rules except for one that says "We will arbitrarily ban you whenever we feel like it"
>>
>>478341
Are you new to imageboards or something? How can you not get this?
>>
>>478341

I agree with >>478345

Mods have always done this, some of the funniest shit i have ever seen is mods just BANHAMMERNERDing someone
>>
File: 71c.gif (892 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
71c.gif
892 KB, 499x374
>>477806
> /x/
Despite literally all the other bullshit, this is literally the only reason I cannot into /x/. While I can filter a majority of shit quite readily RP pops up out of fucking nowhere and can destroy what was a tolerable thread. It turns a borderline interesting board into a cringeworthy shitpit of tulpamasters and twilightfags, scaring off people who might have something legitimately interesting to say. And that's a fucking shame, because some cool shit gets discussed when the signal to noise ratio is good.

If ever there was an X that was the cancer of Y, it is roleplay and /x/. Please kill all roleplayers immediately.
>>
>>478339
>"you're welcome to stop browsing this site if you don't like it" maymay
hating the moderation =/= hating the site

Just because I don't like how the site is run doesn't mean I don't like the site itself, faggot.

>>478341
This guy gets it.

>>478346
May be funny to the mod and everyone else but it sure isn't funny for the guy who gets banned.
>>
>>477811
yep, thanks for playing
>>
>>477850
>As a user of this site I have a right to know
"no"
>>
>>478528
>Just because I don't like how the site is run doesn't mean I don't like the site itself, faggot.
And the rules say that if you don't like it you can go fuck yourself. Again, accept it or get out. Complaining won't change it, it's been like that for 12 years.
>>
>>477802
Falls under avatarfagging since they are intrinsically connected.
>>
>>477806
>circlejerk - The Board
>not okay to roleplay
It's a whole board for Pokemon. They even have a Gardevoir general. Not even /jp/ is this pathetic.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.