[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it that makes people despise anime so much? Why do anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: vid.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vid.webm
2 MB, 640x360
What is it that makes people despise anime so much?
Why do anime pictures cause so many people insurmountable amounts of asshurt?
>>
I don't think that people exactly hate or understand it... I feel like it might just be negative stigma of hentai closely tied with anime.
>>
It's used for shitposting the most, along with 3D women; for the reason that, along with 3D women, it's the most likely type of image to derail the thread with posts like "sauce plz" or "i want to FUCK *so-and-so*!"

You don't think Joosten was being spammed fucking everywhere on /v/ because they actually liked her 3 lines of voice acting in Phantom Pain, do you?

Why do you think Ruggarell threads are deleted on sight despite sometimes having seemingly innocuous OPs like "What's your favorite video game?"
>>
>>477584
>haha ass n tits!
Post something that is likely to turn someone on, and the thread will go to hell every single time. Every thread that has a focus on how hot the girls are is trash. Every single time it happens, people are too busy jerking it to talk about games.
>>
I've been on 4chan since 2008 and the weird thing is that the anime shitposting just keeps getting worse. It wasn't even a problem just a few years ago.
>>
>>477592
Seconding this. It isn't the anime itself but the people who consistently use those images.
>>
>>477592
>>477600
Thirding this. I also came to 4chan in '08 and back then nobody complained about anime because it wasn't constantly used for shitposting. I can't even remember what started the backlash, but I'm going to put my money on "smug anime girl" becoming a thing.
>>
>>477576
because on twitter/facebook they are told to hate it so they do blindly

though they watched DBZ/toonami/entry level shonenshit and secretly love it but would never tell their friends that because they think it paints a bad image of them.
>>
>>477606
This, to be unrelentingly honest.
>>
I don't really know but I do know that a lot of pony posters hate aminos for whatever reason
>>
>>477644
Nah, I'd say there's a lot of overlap. The pony show is basically western furry moe. There's also a ton of crossover art between ponies and anime.
>>
>>477576
It's called reverse hatred. You pretend to hate something you like to give the impression to others that they're in good company.
>>
>>477644
It's the other way around, weebs hates bronies. It's their no.1 boogeyman nowadays, followed by /v/.
>>
>>477667
I don't understand how hating a group means they're a boogeyman. But it's true, bronies fucking suck. Most of them haven't even watched anime yet act like their show is a superior form of entertainment. Seriously, what's with this "better than you" attitude when it comes to cartoons? Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>477576
>What is it that makes people despise anime so much?
I don't think anyone really despises anime, unless they're some braindead Burger from the bible belt or something.

>Why do anime pictures cause so many people insurmountable amounts of asshurt?
It's probably just people memeposting as a means to fit in with a certain hivemind. They see others using anime as a means to act like retards and so monkey see monkey do.

Do you honestly think anyone would post on 4chan who didn't like anime?
>>
>>477670
Dick measuring over what media you consume is a nerd staple.
>>
File: 1436229441334.jpg (64 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1436229441334.jpg
64 KB, 1366x768
>>477576
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/understanding-trumps-troll-army
>>
File: 1401856828934.jpg (95 KB, 1411x1080) Image search: [Google]
1401856828934.jpg
95 KB, 1411x1080
>>477576
some people don't have holes in their lives that are filled with an imaginary universe with unrealistic drawings
>>
File: 1458971251683.png (376 KB, 504x568) Image search: [Google]
1458971251683.png
376 KB, 504x568
I'm guessing when people say they hate anime they mean moeshit and smug anime girls.
>>
>>477696
This. Anons should post more JoJo and Lupin III and less FOTM moeshit.
>>
File: 0.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
>>477711
>implying jojo isn't moe as fuck
>>
>>477696
Someone close-minded enough to say they "hate anime" is also the kind of person who isn't even aware that JoJo exists and thinks anime is all the same shit. Don't be an apologist for them.
>>
>>477576
Almost nobody on 4chan dislike anime, and in fact the majority likes it.

Problem is, people who post anime outside of /a/ are almost always trolls. "/a/" crossboarders who don't really browse the board spam their smug anime faces and other dumb shit to annoy people on purpose
>>
>>477721
I don't know how people got this idea in their head.

People who don't even watch anime save anime reaction images and use them because often they are far more expressive for certain types of situations than other types of reaction images. (most noteably: smug)

Nobody used to think it was /a/ leaking or trolling or any sort of crap like that. The images are just good, so people save them.
If you don't think that's the case then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>477719
Yeah, I guess you're right.
>>
I'm positive most of this thread is just one person agreeing with himself.
>yes anime is bad and is used by shitposters ban it
>>
>>477721
>act like a retard and get called a retard along with getting a smug anime girl thrown at you
>THOSE [A] CROSSBROADERS REEEEEEEE
>>
>>477721
>>477722
You're like muslims who say that the terrorists aren't real muslims.

Yes, some outsiders probably come to /a/ in order to collect smug pics. But to deny that they're the only ones posting these pics is just insane.
Also, who takes the time to actual find these smug pics in the first place? Animefans.
>>
>>477968
>Yes, some outsiders probably come to /a/ in order to collect smug pics.
That's not what I meant

No matter what board you're using there's going to be weebs there. >>477721 This guy (you I'm guessing) was talking about /a/ users spamming their shit on boards they don't usually browse.
But have you ever considered that your favorite board is just frequented by regulars to like anime?

and that doesn't even imply that they are doing all the shitposting either. This site is 12 years old and it started off with a largely weeb userbase, even if they slowly and casually post the occasional anime reaction image on a different board people are still going to save those.

Your argument would have some weight to it if there was always an anti-anime mindset on 4chan, but that's actually a more recent development. In years past most people who didn't watch anime didn't have anything against it either, and they recognized the superiority of some of those reaction images, so they saved them.

It's not hard at all to imagine that there's a lot of people who never browse /a/ yet have a lot of anime images and use them to shitpost with.
There's non-/a/ images that get posted on /a/ all the time too. If /a/ thought 3D reaction images were better than 2D ones then you'd see people shitposting with those on /a/ too. That wouldn't imply that it's all /a/-outsiders coming in and shitting everything up.
>>
>>477968
Except, it is correct anon. 4chan IS a Japanese themed site. Most of the people who post anime outside of /a/, aren't from /a/. This has always been the case. Everyone single type of user on the site posts anime. You can't claim any single subset of user is shitposting with them or posting with them, as they are the global image used.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.