[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear mods, Please keep /pol/ contained to /pol/ instead of allowing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1427416623365.jpg (58 KB, 326x364) Image search: [Google]
1427416623365.jpg
58 KB, 326x364
Dear mods,

Please keep /pol/ contained to /pol/ instead of allowing it to derail other boards.

>>>/vr/3088993

/vr/ is the last bastion of on-topic video game discussion. Let's not allow it to turn into /v/-lite.
>>
>>477088
What exactly do you think is "from /pol/" about that post?
>>
File: .png (106 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
.png
106 KB, 640x360
TRUMP 2016 NO SAFE SPACES FOR SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES
>>
>>477088
nye's dubs
>>477133
nye's dubs
>>
>>477088
/vr/ in general just needs stricter modding. It's certainly better than /v/, but they need to do more about stopping flame wars. They need to draw a line between fair criticism of video games and spewing shitty bait.
>>
>>477088

no
>>
>>477133
FILTHY TOAD
>>
>>477088

>implying SJWs arent a genuine problem in video games

Eventually it has to be discussed. You can "contain" it to /pol/ all you want, but people dont want to deal with your special snowflake bullshit when they're just trying to unwind and play a god damn game.
>>
>>477220
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>477220
>implying political buzzwords have anything to do with retro games

Pretty sure political discourse of any kind belongs on >>>/pol/
>>
>>477239

4chan is /pol/
>>
>>477239

SJW isnt a "buzzword" though.
It's an actual thought process like anything else.
And we wouldnt be discussing it so much if they didnt force game dev's hands so often. You cant blame people for discussing this shit when it's an active threat in the video game community.

I see a lot of anons wondering why 4chan has more political discussion then ever. It's because the political discussion has come to us.
A lot of people think 4chan is some kind of liberal paradise, but it's really not. 4chan was center-left up until about 2010, and that was in the rare case that an actual political discussion took place on /b/. We were too busy checking our dubs to give a shit about politics.
But with the advent of social media, anons watched with curiosity as people started posting with their real name and not just for fun, but for attention. We saw what liberal thinking did to websites and didnt like it. So we simply avoided it and kept checking our dubs.
Social Media sites (and Reddit) were a haven for liberals but we didnt visit them and they didnt visit us.

But then they did start visiting us.

Outsiders came to 4chan and started asking questions, and they were probably surprised when the supposed "internet hate machine" actually gave them an answer. They didnt like the answer and now they're trying to get it banned like they were able to do with the rest of the mainstream Internet.

Now if you've gotten to this point you might be asking "what the FUCK does this have to do with video games?"
Answer: Absolutely fucking nothing.
That's the problem. We're trying do play a game and the libtards keep asking us what the implications of a male protagonist saving a princess is. So we tell them that we dont care or maybe even give them an answer; then they come to /qa/ and demand that these discussions (in reality only one side of the discussion) be cordoned off in /pol/.

TL;DR: SJWs started this shit then came to /q/ (and /qa/) and whined when they realized they were losing
>>
>>477303
yes it is
>>477245
4chan is [s4s] actually
>>
>>477088
>muh SJW menace
>/pol/
That's homegrown /v/ autism, friend.
>>
>>477344
good dubs
>>
>>477088
>/pol/
>OP is a literal /v/ermin

this meme is starting to sound more like BLM with literal comment "da bad evil white man"
>>
>>477362
all white men should be banned from 4chan
>>
>>477303
>being this fucking dramatic about 4chan and video games
This is why people make fun of /v/ermin and call you children.
>>
>>477421
no its cuase they're cucks
>>
>>477421

>le internet is srs business

It's all fun and games until you get shadowbanned for posting the wrong opinion.

Honestly all this politics on the internet is a reflection of serious issues happening in the real world.
Personally I think that if we put another libtard in the White House we wont even be able to shitpost on here anymore.
And it wont be because the big bad evil SJWs came and shut the site down, it'll be because the 4chan server and half the country got vaporized when Hillary's dumb ass fucked with Russia.
>>
File: callofdutypdf.jpg (78 KB, 650x797) Image search: [Google]
callofdutypdf.jpg
78 KB, 650x797
holy SHIT.
Are you telling me that Peter Griffin is playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2????
Frickin sweet!!
Could this day GET any more awesome!?
>>
>mod leaves all the SJW posts up
>deletes all the posts telling SJWs to fuck off

https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S3088993

neo-4chan, everyone.
>>
>>477303
How have SJWs been "forcing game devs hands"? This is an honest question, as I don't follow modern gaming. I heard about the DoA Volleyball incident, but that seems due to many factors, probably the biggest being the series' poor sales in the west.
>>
File: 1385184723470.png (912 KB, 684x1646) Image search: [Google]
1385184723470.png
912 KB, 684x1646
>>477889

They started attacking them via social media and using positions in academia and gaming sites (forums, gaming journalism sites, blogs, etc.) to change the culture and the market. At some point when you have people threatening your livelihood (they get people fired) and the perception of your game and studio, trying to brainwash and shame you into a certain mindset, saying if you don't obey you're an evil sexist neckbeard who is harming society by including offensive content, people tend to submit.

They've gotten games censored, removed from stores, etc.

Even today this shit still happens. Microsoft had an after-party at the last GDC (Game Developers Conference) last week and because they had go-go dancers, these people threw at shitfit and demanded Microsoft to apologize.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-exec-apologizes-for-unequivocally-wrong-gdc-p/1100-6435802/
http://orogion.deviantart.com/journal/Save-the-Boob-plate-380891149

This wasn't an issue 5-10 years ago, they really fucked up everything and ramped up the political correctness in recent years.

>probably the biggest being the series' poor sales in the west.
The series actually sold better in the West, especially since it was only released on Xbox, and the Xbox was mostly popular in America and sold poorly in Japan.
>>
>m--muh safe spaces, keep other opinions out of our board
>>
>>477139
> board about retro games
> console wars are frowned upon

Literally why. Also, /vr/ is the board where they polite sage their own posts if they have forgotten something in their original post
Never have i seen something so autistic as polite saging your own post
>>
>>477431
They aren't shutting the site down, they are running it.
>>
explain what you mean
>>
>>477421
The video games industry is worth more than the film and TV industry combined, so you're too fucking right people are going to talk about these sort of things which have a real impact on the games people end up being able to buy.

Stop being so fucking arrogant and pretending like if the sort of shit which is infesting video games got into your favourite past time you wouldn't be fucking pissed off about it as well. Fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>478538
>Never have i seen something so autistic as polite saging your own post
That's because you're an underaged faggot who has no fucking idea of what sage means or how it is supposed to be used.
>>
>>477088
>anon (not me) posts a joke hack involving trump in /vr/'s hack thread
>gets deleted
>ask why it got deleted
>told "it's racist"
>conversation gets deleted

I'd say /vr/'s moderation is a bit too strict in some areas.
>>
>>477088
>He hates SJWS, must be /pol/
Everyone hates SJWs kid, even people who don't touch /pol/ hate them
>>
>>481113
The real irony here is that if /v/ had reacted to throw out gamergate when it was first starting, you wouldn't have this problem today.

Every time I see you guys reap the consequences of your own shitty decisions I smile inside.
>>
>>481971

This shit started way before that. See pic related from 2012: >>477927
>>
>>481972
Oh, of course. But back then you could discuss it on /v/.
>>
>>481973

You still can now.
>>
>>481974
From all the bitching on /qa/ I figured this wasn't the case, but I guess someone backed that out.
>>
>>481113
>waaaaaaaah vidya journalism is important guys I swear waaaaaaaaah
Stop while you're ahead, you're embarrassing yourself. I don't give two shits about what journalists or reviewers decide to do in movies, television, or video games and if it's this deep an issue for you you need to reassess your priorities.
>>
>>477927
That trophy one is good at least, because it takes a boring catchphrase and turns it into clever wordplay.
>>
File: 1309547755153.jpg (27 KB, 492x341) Image search: [Google]
1309547755153.jpg
27 KB, 492x341
>>481982
>clever wordplay

If you're 12 maybe.
>>
>>481985
You may in fact be 12 with a retort like that.
>>
File: 1365074631832.gif (112 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1365074631832.gif
112 KB, 150x150
>>481990

There's nothing clever about finding the closest word with one syllable that ends with "oes", then changing it to be politically correct even though it doesnt makes sense with this particular trophy and it's not funny or clever in any way,

It literally makes me think of kids learning what rhymes are.

>gee, I see a bee on my pee-pee xDD

3clever5me wordplay
>>
>>482191
FUCK YOU
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.