[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At first, I thought reddit really was just a boogeyman that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot (292).png (32 KB, 308x490) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (292).png
32 KB, 308x490
At first, I thought reddit really was just a boogeyman that /pol/ used but they are actually here.

>>>/int/56851675
>>>/int/56851871

Also take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/new/ just in case you see one of your threads

Not only are they here, but they've gotten comfortable enough to shove it in our face because the mods are completely on their sides. I've noticed a site wide phenomenon were the quality of the boards decrease drastically with unfunny spamming and overexploitation of recent memes. Reddit or more specifically "/r/4chan" is responsible for these huge dips in quality. We need to come up with solution to get rid of them because they are not welcome here. I thought about maybe blocking reddit cookies and getting some type of copyright that would prevent other sites from exploiting 4chan. What do you think we can do? Also, there are a shit ton of redditors in this board that will get defensive so watch out.
>>
You just learned of /r/4chan?
>>
File: 1458773076586.png (406 KB, 1025x510) Image search: [Google]
1458773076586.png
406 KB, 1025x510
>>476792
If only you knew how bad things really are.
>>
>>476792
Wait Wait Wait........ hol up. You can use more than one website? Literally since fucking when???
>>
>>476795
>blocking the name
Hmm, trying to protect your reddit account that you used to make that falseflag?
>>
>>476794
I knew it existed, I didn't think there were thousands of them coming over here though
>>
>>476801
For them visiting 4chan is like going to the zoo or a live dissection.
>>
That's what I've been saying here in /qa/ for months, but the ignorant /q/tards here prefer to think cross site posting does not exist.
They're everywhere, OP, even on /pol/. >>>/pol/68586064
A few months ago, I saw this thread http://desustorage.org/qa/thread/388547, where a bunch of people admitted browsing reddit.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to block their access here. Banning is the only solution, but mods are redditors too.

>>476795
This screencap is fake.

>>476798
Of course you can use more than one website, but not reddit. If you browse that shit, kill yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ
>>
I don't really understand the point of a website having a subforum for another website. Why not just browse the actual website?

I'm looking at /r/4chan for the first time right now and the comments really just seem like a bunch of retards parroting the shittiest posts that 4chan has to offer. Every post has words like autism, edgy, shitpost, cuck, etc. forced into it or they're just spouting tired memes. I'm not even sure what to make of it.
>>
>>476807
it's all for the upvotes man
>>
>>476804
Is a copyright possible? We can take down that entire subreddit if it is
>>
>>476807
>Every post has words like autism, edgy, shitpost, cuck, etc. forced into it or they're just spouting tired memes

So... it's just like 4chan then?
>>
>>476823
The boards I browse aren't like that.
>>
>>476807
Ha, reddit's so big that there are hundreds of subreddits for discussing the site itself.

>I don't really understand the point of a website having a subforum for another website. Why not just browse the actual website?
People are lazy and don't want to dig for diamonds in the rough. What better way to do so than to have a site where you can submit links to screencaps and vote on the best ones?

It really sucks that "4chan culture" has been circlejerked to death there though.

>>476811
>Is a copyright possible?
>All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
People would have to individually go through the whole copyright takedown process just to get a link taken down. To get all of /r/4chan taken down seems impossible unless you have hollywood lawyers.
>>
I think the real question should be who is this "illuminatedwax" person that started the sub.
>>
>>476823
/b/ =/= 4chan.
>>
>>476792
>I thought about maybe blocking reddit cookies and getting some type of copyright that would prevent other sites from exploiting 4chan.
Fucking lol
It's the Internet, faggot. You can't prevent this shit and neither can the mods. Deal with it. Those Redditors aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>476823
kill yourself newfaggot
>>
>>476804
>but the ignorant /q/tards here prefer to think cross site posting does not exist.
No, the general attitude is 'why should anyone give a fuck' not that cross-site posters don't exist.
>>
>>476798
You should fucking kill yourself for typing like a fucking retard. But, these complaints have never been about using more than 1 one and always about retards being their cancer culture over no one wants. It just so happens that reddits culture by its nature is fucking one of the most cancerous things on the internet and its popular.
>>
>>476853
You can detect HTTP referers and redirect the browser to somewhere else. If you can't understand what I said, we can detect if someone clicked on a 4chan link outside 4chan.
There's also two ways of "super bans" which I will not say because mods would implement it and abuse it.
We can't 100% prevent, but we can 80% prevent these kind of people here.
>>
>>476792
It's one of the biggest sites on the internet. Why WOULDN'T people who have used Reddit also come here? Do you really think this is a secret club that only a select few can possibly know about?

Also, I use Reddit. According to my page, I have over 1000 comment karma. Not sure if that's high or not, I'm one of the redditors who doesn't really pay attention to upvotes.
>>
>>477081
like flies to honey
>>
>>477083
And you're a manlet retard feeling intimidated by a big strong man.
>>
File: 1458128211650.jpg (23 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
1458128211650.jpg
23 KB, 600x445
>>476807
It's because they are either afraid of going to 4chan because it's the big bad meanie beanie of the internet or because they think there's no point in coming here when all the ebin screencapped threads will be posted on reddit anyway.

I have a friend who browses /r/4chan and keeps dropping his shitty staged screencaps that get upvoted on there in our Skype group. When I asked him why he doesn't just visit the site he said "because I don't want to wade through all the shit to get to the good stuff.".

On the other hand, since Reddit literally thinks the only thing this site has to offer are memes, why would you want them to come here? Let them bathe in their pool of cancer, it doesn't affect us until they start coming here.
>>
>>477081
>Do you really think this is a secret club that only a select few can possibly know about?
I'm 97% sure you're one of these newfags who keep talking about 4chan outside 4chan.
Also, how does it feel to be the cancer killing the internet, the eBaum's World 2: Electric Boogaloo?
>>
>>477127
I've been talking about 4chan outside of 4chan since 2005. Fuck off.
>>
File: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>477151
Yeah, right. So you're a redditor, a newfag and a oldfag wannabe. Can you be more cancerous?
>>
Its not that its a boogyman /pol/ uses, /pol/ is literally full of reddit users
>>
>>477202
According to whom?
>>
>>477204
reddit shut down a bunch of their right wing places and they all came here

not only that but /pol/ actively uses reddit to try to convince them about Trump and other /pol/ nonsense
>>
>>477163
Shut your whore mouth, furry.
>>
>>477206
>reddit shut down a bunch of their right wing places and they all came here
What makes you think those people weren't already on /pol/?
>not only that but /pol/ actively uses reddit to try to convince them about Trump and other /pol/ nonsense
It's okay when it's r/manga or r/anime though, right?
>>
>>477215
I've checked out those places and they have very different taste than /a/

Thats like saying that a bunch of left wingers on reddit make up /pol/
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.