[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did it all start tumbling down, /qa/? 4chan used to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1430818279442.jpg (19 KB, 320x339) Image search: [Google]
1430818279442.jpg
19 KB, 320x339
When did it all start tumbling down, /qa/?

4chan used to be fun, but now everyone tries to be cool and call each other newfags for enjoying themselves and posting the way they want. /a/ is one of the worst offenders. They try so hard to be elitist when they don't even realize shit they're against was perfectly fine a few years ago. I'm not going to say it's all because of newfags, but it's people that think they're doing the site justice by spamming every thread they deem unworthy of /a/ standards. We used to have "blogging" threads all the fucking time and no one gave a shit. We used to use lols and omgs and no one gave a shit. Now it's like we're in the fucking military with all these stupid cultural rules people set without even being here very long.

So again I ask, what year did having fun become against the rules?
>>
File: 1458778594974.png (55 KB, 514x388) Image search: [Google]
1458778594974.png
55 KB, 514x388
>>475653
inb4 /pol/ ruined everything
>>
>>475656
But it did
>>
>>475653
>>
File: 481686.jpg (690 KB, 970x1509) Image search: [Google]
481686.jpg
690 KB, 970x1509
>>475656
I have to disagree with the Don on this one
>>
>>475653
2007. The second eternal september which brought with it hoards of snowflake manchildren who had no prior experience of Internet communities. Now they make up the bulk of /a/, /b/, /v/, etc.
>>
>>475653
2011. the year reddit made memes uncool.

There was drama since day 1, but from that day on everyone suddenly became a hardcore 4channer that had the constant need to prove to the site what a proper user he was by attacking anyone who didn't act like him
>>
>>475899
Reddit is just another boogeyman site like Gaia. I'm sure it's because of something else before then, but I can't figure out what.
>>
File: Gaymergate.jpg (92 KB, 717x677) Image search: [Google]
Gaymergate.jpg
92 KB, 717x677
>>475921
4u
>>
>>475922
It's been like this long before Goobergate. It was a weird and sudden shift to where everyone started unironically being assholes and demanded everyone post a certain way. When did /pol/ become a board?
>>
>>475921
gob2gaia was a 2005 thing

It's been 5 years since reddit did their thing and people haven't stopped complaining

you can basically spot a newfag just by waiting for him to accuse someone of being reddit
>>
When posting from mobile devices became popular.
>>
Remove generals
>>
>>475962
I'd remove the catalog first.
>>
>>476269
>>475927
remove catalog
remove mobile
remove native extension
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.