[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, First of all I would like to thank the community and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Religous_Symbols_250px.png (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Religous_Symbols_250px.png
18 KB, 250x250
Hello,

First of all I would like to thank the community and the staff here at 4chan.

I made this thread to propose the creation of a new board: /spi/ - spirituality and religion.

Personnally, I would love to have a board purposed to the sharing and discussion of spiritual practices, beleifs and religions. I hope others feel the same way.

I know we already have /pol/ where discussions regarding religious phenomeons are tolerated, but it is usually in the perspective of political phenomenons, not spiritual experience. There is also /x/ which tolerates discussions regarding spirituality, but this board has its own culture and is more dedicated to paranormal studies.

I think that I speak for many when I say that spirituality is not a paranormal phenomenon, it is an accumulation of personnal experiences which may or may not lead to personnal beleifs.

A board dedicated to spirituality and religions would be a great place to come together and share experiences and love, and to introduce our own practices and/or religious beleifs to the world.

Since 4chan has grown to be a quite large community, I also think it is important that this community is allowed to define its own spiritual identity, and, I beleive, it would be for the best and help people come together and find friendship and knowledge through sharing.

I hope the community and the staff agrees with me and I wish you all, a very nice day.
>>
I forgot to add that the board could be used for the sharing and interpretation of scriptures from the different religions.
>>
>>475137
This has been requested every so often for the last few years, at least going back to /q/ times. I think many people are afraid that it would be too controversial and cause a holy war.
>>
>>475142
>I think many people are afraid that it would be too controversial and cause a holy war

I hope that it could be used, not as a ground to oppose different point of views, but rather, to find a common ground.
"Spirituality" is an open term, it does not exclude certain beleifs or practices.
I beleive that many anons woud like to share their experiences and practices, and, try to see in what way others' practices and experiences are complementary to their own, rather than opposed to them.

In addition, I think that for such a big forum as 4chan, of which many users are now reaching their late 20s or 30s, it is only natural that a place is made for such discussion. Many people will develop a spirituality of their own through their lifetime, it would only be natural that it is reflected here.

Don't you think?
>>
>>475142
>>475146

I forgot to add that this issue could be resolved through moderation. It could (and, I think, should) be one of the rules of the board not to insult or ridicule others' beleifs or practices.
>>
deus vult
>>
If a board like this gets added, it would be full of Deus Vult memes, Islamic hate threads, and Pagans.
This board needs to be created.
>>
>>475160
Nothing wrong with deus vult memes and pagans, but I think "islam hate" threads or any kind of hate threads should be moderated.
>>
Oh behalf of the /b/oard, we would like to have another gloorios source for cringe and ylyl threads.

Such a board would be a goldmine
>>
>>475171
not everyone is underage here, friend.
>>
>>475137
The servers wouldn't be able to handle the sheer volume of fedora.jpg this would generate.
>>
>>475138
and debunking and defending
it'd be a shitshow
>>
Fuck off to >>>/his/
>>
bpoardzqa4clan
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.