[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should shitposting be Reported?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0
Simple question, should repetetive shitposting be reported or not?
>>
It depends on how extreme it is and how worthwhile the discussion is. Though, if an entire thread is obviously overwhelmed by it, then the whole thread should go.
>>
>>475131
Same post, repeated every day same bread, image and all, going on... 4 months now.

And no it's not the OP of a general.
>>
>>475133
It is disruptive to the thread? How disruptive is it? Do other users not like it?
>>
>>475135
Theres a handful different ones, each earns about 5 replies wich in turn earns another 4-5 "Don't feed the troll/poor bait".

Not a disaster, but it is low quality posts made soecificly to garner (you)s and lowers overall thread quality.
>>
>>475136
I find that a bit difficult to answer. I would normally report just the initial post that starts the problem, but if I found actual interest in the thread I would report all of them. You don't feed trolls by responding to them or even acknowledging them, any replies to the people who reply to trolls are giving secondhand attention to the troll. If they're dumb enough to always reply to trolls/off-topic with even more off-topic, and they continually do it, then they don't need to post any more either because they aren't actually helping the thread stay on-topic. It's a rather harsh method, but if they are part of a well known problem, then they should get stung for it.
>>
>>475129
Sure, if you think it actually matters, or if you just like typing captcha.
>>
>>475145
>>475131
I just hope the mods had some sort of concensus on it, as is there seems to be a 50% chance of getting a suspension/warning for my troubles and 0% chance of the shitposter getting one.
>>
>>475150
We can only ever hope one of them can see through to the main issue at hand. I was warned for reporting someone who was permanently banned from 4chan because of my reporting most of his posts in a thread once. I still don't fully understand it, but whatever.
>>
>>475129
Only if it's a /pol/fag
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.