[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What board warps it's denizens' minds the most? I nominate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1458025649544.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1458025649544.png
7 KB, 420x420
What board warps it's denizens' minds the most?
I nominate /r9k/ and /pol/.
>>
File: 1405898781766.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1405898781766.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1200
>>474113
/a/utists give themselves megalomania and a superiority complex

[s4s] loses the ability to spell english words
>>
>>474113
How does /r9k/ warp people's minds?
>>
/x/ absolutely gives people schizophrenia. Also /trash/'s Tulpa generals
>>
File: 7495.jpg (71 KB, 360x403) Image search: [Google]
7495.jpg
71 KB, 360x403
Going on /v/ for a substantial amount of time will actually begin to turn you into a shitposter. I had to stop going there for that very reason.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
LoversLab is a video game modding community with almost no guidelines or regulations regarding acceptable content. Whilst hosted content varies in extremity and is not universally sexist, the popularity and widespread nature of that which is extreme, largely defines the unique character and key attraction of this particular community.

Much content celebrates male supremacy and rape culture, whilst popular extreme content covers situations such as, but not limited to; violent rape and sexual assault; forced pregnancy; bestiality; sexual slavery and forced prostitution. More moderate content concerns; 'consensual' prostitution; hypersexualization of female characters, including forced 'nymphomania' and universal provocative clothing; and degrading and humiliating dialogue. Whilst most such content focuses on the female player character as a victim, the small number that allow active play as a violent male rapist are particularly concerning.

Analysis:
The extreme and abhorrent nature of the popular available content is both indisputable and blatantly apparent to any observer, including the community's own membership. Extreme internal views shamelessly defend such content by attempting to justify rape and male supremacy. More moderate members cite common 'splaining' arguments, combined with black and white interpretations of censorship and freedom of expression, to defend the extreme content. This ignores the fact that such content is not merely available, but both popular and celebrated. Rather than defend its existence, such members should ask themselves why they choose to access it, and whether the possibility exists that it is negatively influencing both their own social outlook, ability, and female perception; and/or that of their community peers.
>>
>>474180
The issue is not censorship but acceptability and affect. The extreme content would not be tolerated by any other modding community, or by the mainstream media of any country. The existence and accepting attitude in this community encourages further creation of such material, aiding moral validation in the minds of the membership. Users are likely capable of distinguishing video games from reality, not supporting such events therein. However, as is concluded in the paragraph above, this is not the issue. The issue is community acceptability, moral validation and subconscious influence.

Those who find the community's content upsetting; inarguably the majority of society across all genders; are not, as their defenders frequently argue, required to access it. Though inevitably such persons will encounter and be offended by the community, or by knowledge of its existence, this is again not the issue. Moderate members may not view themselves as sexist, but should ask why it is that both feminists and greater society disagree on the community's acceptability. They should ask themselves if not that the content's existence is justified, then that of the community and its attitude. The key issue is that LoversLab is a community. Thus, social validation and respect of peers is important and influential. This social atmosphere is far more extreme than that of society at large, and can not serve to improve the circumstances or condition of anyone. It can only have a decremental impact.

Conclusion:
LoversLab furthers rape culture, misogyny, sexist attitudes and gender inequality. While it is the case that its direct influence is contained to a small number of individuals, and its content not universally sexist and extreme, it is a definite part of the problem that can only harm greater societal progress, as well as individual member's own social competence, respect, desirability and female perception.
>>
>>474180
>>474181
>standard /x/ posting
>>
>>474188
Splaining or 'Splaining is a form of condescension in which a member of a privileged group explains something to a member of a marginalised group -- most particularly, explains about their marginalisation -- as if the privileged person knows more about it. Examples include (but are not limited to) a man explaining sexism to a woman, or a white person explaining racism to a black person.

Splaining is common among newcomers to an oppression discussion (though not limited to newcomers): often, within minutes of first hearing about a problem for an oppressed group, the splainer suggests that the group should "just" respond in a certain very obvious way.
>>
>>474181
Where do I sign up ?
>>
>>474208
www.google.com
>>
>>474138
>hate and distrust of women
>pessimistic fatalist view of life and especially relationships
>general negative feelings and bitterness
>celebrates being bitter outcast
>>
>>474236
Yup, seen a lot of people who admitted to becoming retarded after browsing /r9k/ too long.
>>
File: proving us right.jpg (114 KB, 793x597) Image search: [Google]
proving us right.jpg
114 KB, 793x597
>>474236
>>hate and distrust of women
how's this a bad thing, exactly?
>>
/soc/

The amount of thirst there is absolutely phenomenal
>>
>>474242
Completely clueless person here. What is meant by "thirst"? I'd like to not have to lurk on /soc/ to find out.
>>
>>474239
good thread

>>474244
It means people being thirsty for sex, love, etc.
So a girl post gets 50 replies of thirsty men trying to get her attention.
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>474250
>It means people being thirsty for sex, love, etc.

Mainly just sex.
>>
>>474236
>implying it doesn't instill the same feelings toward men in women

I've seen plenty of "females" who've implied that they became hateful and distrusting toward men after spending time on /r9gay/
>>
>>474242
You can actually get laid from /soc/. It's not even hard.
>>
>>474351
>trap threads
all of my Mmm
>>
>>474113
>implying /pol/ doesn't enlighten you
>>
>>474440
it enlightens me to the pure beautiful truth that nerds are dumb
>>
>>474113
probably /a/

the people who go to /pol/ or /r9k/ were like that to begin with
>>
>>474236
>>hate and distrust of women
Obviously they learned something and couldn't handle it too well.

>>pessimistic fatalist view of life and especially relationships
See point 1.

>>general negative feelings and bitterness
Yeah, that goes back to not being able to handle the truth.

>>celebrates being bitter outcast
Different strokes yo. The bitterness will kill them, the outcast bit ain't so bad though.
>>
>>474440
>He doesn't realize /pol/s redpill is actually the bluepill
>>
>>474521
>He doesn't realize he's a cuck
>>
>>474554
>he was off by one
>>
>>474113
/pol/ without a doubt. /soc/ as well for obvious reasons. /gif/ too. Places with interesting and broad topics where it's basically impossible to stay neutral have that effect
>>
>>474120
>[s4s] loses the ability to spell english words
Can confirm. Used to be big on grammar, which was part of the reason why I found [s4s] so amusing. Now I have to remind myself I'm not posting on [s4s] to make the right decision when choosing between "your" and "you're"

Muh toxic ideologies on /pol/ and /r9k/ have nothing on the way [s4s] fucks you up maaaan
>>
>>474654
nah pol and r9k are still way worse than s4s
at least s4s has the capacity for making you happy
>>
>>474654
grammer and spelling is for bourgeoisie fsggops
>>
>>474188
is it really?

holy heel i must lurk that board

the very structure of those posts even is sublime
>>
>>474239
yo she is pretty hot tho

and yeah sure hate women all you want but [r9k] is just pathetic

>>474242
i don't think /soc/ 'warps', people just go there thirsty out of their minds
>>
Which board made me an angry fucker? I want to say it was /v/, but nothing there is rage inducing anymore.
>>
>>474838
>she is pretty hot tho
desperate
>>
Ever since r9k got taken over completely by degenerate trap spammers i get the feeling they're infecting more and more posters with their homo virus, it's scary shit 2bh
>>
>I enter this thread
>I depress the buttons ctrl and f at the same time
>I then begin typing
>First I strike / and a lot of results are presented
>Then I strike t and three instances are discovered
>Then I strike v

AND NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS.
What board distorts the human mind the most? It's /tv/. It's always fucking /tv/. You just don't think about it. Do you have a notion on how your board of choice altered the minds of people? /tv/ does it better, longer, louder and faster.

It's a goddamn nightmare.
>>
>>475229
Wow, I love that. I'm gonna start using it.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.