[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post yfw /a/ is still the best board after 13 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 19
File: 7654567890.jpg (48 KB, 798x809) Image search: [Google]
7654567890.jpg
48 KB, 798x809
post yfw /a/ is still the best board after 13 years
>>
File: 1330736919586.jpg (98 KB, 884x666) Image search: [Google]
1330736919586.jpg
98 KB, 884x666
>>473574
>mfw "best" is highly subjective
>>
>>473574
It's the only major board that has kept a semblance of culture
>>
File: We tried.png (383 KB, 1085x488) Image search: [Google]
We tried.png
383 KB, 1085x488
>>
File: akari and perfection in a sushi.png (183 KB, 623x528) Image search: [Google]
akari and perfection in a sushi.png
183 KB, 623x528
>>
>>473576
The culture was completely destroyed during 2007 and 2008, now all that remains is a cesspit of cancerous generals.

You faggots either have no fucking idea what /a/ is like or are part of the problem autists who swarmed 4chan during the previously mentioned years, stripping almost all of the spontaneity and creativity from the site in your wake.
>>
It really isn't. Like, at all.
>>
File: qjPgp0M.gif (49 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
qjPgp0M.gif
49 KB, 69x120
>>473574
Nope
>tfw one of your main boards is one of the best quality in the site
>>
File: 5ef.gif (245 KB, 680x525) Image search: [Google]
5ef.gif
245 KB, 680x525
>>473576
Nope. That'll be /f/.
I'm assumming that is in part thanks to death of flash itself (thanks javascript and HTML5 (Non sarcastically)) and /wsg/ 2.0. They are stuck in late 2000s. I don't think there is a board similar to what 4chan was in the early 2000s but the desktop general in /g/ reminds me a lot of it. (nothing but tripfags and anime)

I wonder how often loli cat girls is posted now.
>>
File: yourface.png (480 KB, 798x809) Image search: [Google]
yourface.png
480 KB, 798x809
>>473574
I'll just post your face because you're the only one who feels that way, Anon.
>>
>>473574
>>473576
spot the /a/-only fags
>>
File: 1455325100565.gif (2 MB, 260x200) Image search: [Google]
1455325100565.gif
2 MB, 260x200
>>473671
I'm playing the game
the one that will take me to my end
I'm waiting for the rain...
to wash who I am
>>
are there any "good" boards anymore?
>>
>>473702
/int/
>>
File: 987689.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
987689.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
>>473709
>>
>>473574
>mfw I have no face when /a/ is the best board because it's not
>>
File: tomokospinfaster.gif (250 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tomokospinfaster.gif
250 KB, 480x270
>>473574

10 years Reddit-free.
Fuck yeah.
>>
More like worst board.
/a/ gets more complaints here than any other board.
>>
>>473821
>/a/ gets more complaints here than any other board

So does /pol/. I think any board that is complained about here is a good board because that means the butthurt outsiders havent found a way to ruin it yet.
>>
>>473823
People just say that /pol/ should be deleted, actual users never complain about the content.

/a/ gets real complaints, made by actual /a/-users. It's a bad board for anime fans.
>>
>>473826
>/a/ gets real complaints, made by actual /a/-users. It's a bad board for anime fans.
The problem here is that the complaints are about generals and generafags, and those complaints are rapidly discovered by the generalfags who do out of their way to shitpost it into obscurity and generally make complaining about /a/ seem negative by association with the autists who freak out when people bring up valid complaints about any of the particular segmented hiveminds within /a/. It's like Pavlovian conditioning.
>>
>>473821
thats because /qa/ is a bunch of anime hating redditors. Why should anyone give a fuck what /qa/ thinks?
>>
>>473702
Of curse there are, but you won't see them posted very often because
1-They are usually niche
2-People are smart enough to not post them. Look at what happened to /tg/. It was too good for its own good.
>>
File: 1449179080745.jpg (324 KB, 877x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449179080745.jpg
324 KB, 877x1024
>>473576
>It's the only major board that has kept a semblance of culture
>>
File: laughinggirls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>473576
>anime
>culture
>>
>>473821
anti-/a/ posters are all shitposting, trust me

also it is nowhere near worst holy fuck
>>
>>473826
it's like churchill and capitalism
>>
File: 2mg2wap.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2mg2wap.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>473821
That's because is the most elitist board.
>>
>>473574
>we
>>
File: b63.jpg (85 KB, 784x441) Image search: [Google]
b63.jpg
85 KB, 784x441
>>473574
>>
>>474832
It's full of the the most insecure plebs.
>>
>>474914
elitism is not a mask for insecurity anon. gatekeeping is simply what the patricians do with their free time.
>>474886
whom quost thou
>>
>>474919
>gatekeeping is simply what the patricians do with their free time
Top fucking kek. You're talking about anons who can't even understand the language of the media they have spent likely a decade at least consuming. They're more pathetic than Brazilians who shit up English serves on online games.

The entire board would explode into an anthill of angry autism if the few scanlators and sub providers decided to stop giving a fuck. They already make threads raging when a show doesn't have subs within a few hours after it as aired in Japan. Face it: they're manchildren.
>>
>>474921
/v/ please go
>>
>>474927
What annoys you most is that it's fucking accurate and you know it. Sorry sperg but I've been using /a/ before you knew 4chan existed. The current /a/utists which took over /a/ back in 08 aren't /a/nons and will never be welcome. Now run along back to one of your cancerous little generals.
>>
>>474929
I stopped reading when you mentioned games because video games are for children
>>
>>474931
>I stopped reading when you mentioned games
So you didn't read the post and all and knee jerk responded like a retard?
>>
>>474934
he thinks that was a "post"
>>
>>474934
it's the SOP around here boy

get used to it, or get fugged :D
>>
>>474931
Then you read all you needed to read:
>Top fucking kek. You're talking about anons who can't even understand the language of the media they have spent likely a decade at least consuming.
That is all that needs to be said about anyone claiming /a/ to be in any way anything but complete plebs.
>>
>>474937
Actually I read right to left starting in the center, so that was the first and last word I read
>>
>>474939
Do you think acting like a retard now is going to make anyone forget having your shitty claim of elitism completely debunked?
Fuck off /a/utist.
>>
>>474943
lol the 'debunkening' is still up there figgoh it's not like joking around with the easily-duped removes any post ya diddily dolt
>>
File: i got troled.png (29 KB, 921x863) Image search: [Google]
i got troled.png
29 KB, 921x863
>>474946
>>
My life is one series of ironic events after another. I sleep every night because it is trendy, but I don't actually rest. Resting is sincerity and honesty, it's a thing that grounds us to the core of being human and refreshes the senses, which obscure minds have ruled out as "completely and totally bullshit". And so, even if my eyes are squeezed shut and my chest heaves gently with the rolling march of involuntary function, I am not at rest. I am simply in a stage of incoherence. Every morning I wake up and drink water, and I smile while doing so, as the central idea of drinking water is done to alleviate a sincere bodily need: thirst. I do so out of artistic and authorial humor. The idea of thirst is is not so much manufactured as it is something to be overcome through the power of irony. My day progresses in this fashion, while I contemplate how tomorrow I can further overcome my own sense of irony and the profound lack of genuine interests in my own life.
>>
>>474948
this is basically how i live my life but with contempt instead of irony

everybody needs something to get them through the day
>>
A board full of people who think they're better than everyone else because they watch foreign cartoons fairly often.

You can be the judge.
>>
>>475085
Anime fans are some of the most unwarranted snobs I've seen in my life, and I say this as an anime fan. I want to hurt all of them so, so much.
>>
>>475085
I'm better than you

>>475088
shit taste detected
>>
But anon, most anime is shit.
>>
>>475964
CASE IN FUCKING POINT.
>>
>>476000 (trips!)
>>475966
>>475088
>>474888 (trips!)
>>473711
>>473622
all dubs must be checked
>>
>>475085
How would you feel about a board full of people who think they're better than everyone else because they read* fairly often?

*only the best of the best of high-art literature, of course. :)
>>
>>473574
>>473575
This. Each person will go to the board that they prefer, there's no objectively best board, just like there's no objectively worst board.
>>
>>476297
No, in fact, there is both an objectively best and objectively worst, but arranging/ranking the boards in between is inherently impossible.
>>
>>476277
>>476299
everoon doobs desert checks
>>
>>473702
It depends on what you're like. If you're conservative or are okay with extremely unfiltered political discussion, then /pol/'s good.

If you're into video games and shitposting, /v/ is good.

If you're into anime and shitposting, then /a/ is good.

If you're into speaking with people of other nationalities without political discussion, /int/ is good.

There's a lot of boards that are good, but it depends on what you like or what you're okay with. A matter of flexibility, I guess.
>>
>>476299
There is no "ranking boards", just like there is no ranking first-world nations.

You go to whatever place you agree with most.
>>
>>473574
That's like winning a competition for the smartest retard in special ed class.

I would probably agree with you, and I browse /a/ myself, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's actually good.
/a/ is dangerously close to basically just being an anime generals board. That's not necessarily the users who are to blame though, it has a lot to do with the mods too.
>>
>>473574
OBVIOUSLY /b/ is best bord :^)
>>
>>476277
I would think they're full of themselves. The same goes for anything else on 4chan. It's your favorite hobby, calm down. You're not better than anyone else just because you like something and post on a board about what you like.
>>
File: 1458684010427.jpg (55 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
1458684010427.jpg
55 KB, 900x810
>>473623
>brat
>perfection
>>
>>478183
sakurako chan best girl!!!!
>>
>>473576
>/a/
>culture
>>
>>473576
/a/ is my home board, but I realize that 75% of the threads are garbage waifu war/best girl/masturbation fantasy threads.
>>
File: 1455764439508.jpg (1 MB, 2616x3488) Image search: [Google]
1455764439508.jpg
1 MB, 2616x3488
>>476297
>just like there's no objectively worst board.
lol
>>
It would be if not for the constant shitposters from /tv/, /pol/ and /v/.
Also "Generals."
>>
The board has its own severe problems, but its inherent elitism (justified or not) has made it one of the better ones.

E.g., trash like smileys and multi-quotes aren't tolerated. I still see too much vertical text and kek posts, though. I'm afraid that once something becomes tolerated it's very difficult if not impossible for it to get expunged.

The generals are one serious issue. They're containment threads, I guess.

More serious are the "Everyday until" threads which are objectively wasteful, but are defended to the death by board-culture fags who claim anyone who calls them out must be "newfags".
>SakuraFish
>"reminder to skip the first episode"
>tripfag with his Kirino reminder

We're also currently experiencing several forced memes in the making. Particularly the Keit-Ai one, the desperate spamming is obnoxious. (And, perhaps inevitably, its spammers have the temerity to accuse anyone who doesn't like it "new".)
>>
>>480851
>It would be if not for the constant shitposters from /tv/, /pol/ and /v/.
Oh fuck off mate.
I hate it when you new kids bend over backwards to blame your own behaviour on outsiders. No anon, the constant shitposting on /a/ is from /a/utists. I've watched it go on since late 2004 and the site dynamically changed around 2007, with the huge new number of posters basically taking over boards, removing previous culture and establishing their own special and highly regimented form of shitposting that prevails to this day. These newer anons, not /a/nons, were oblivious of how we did not like their presence in the same way today that they are completely oblivious of their own presence to the point that they tear threads apart desperately trying to scapegoat all the shitposting and disagreement -because that' what constitutes shitposting to the hivemind- on others, because they arrogantly assume that their shit doesn't stink.

>Also "Generals."
I don't know why you would put generals behind scarequotes. They are a very real issue and have taken over the board.
>>
>>473576
>culture

>Ignore [cancer]
>[Cancer] spreads to other threads
>Call out said [cancer]
>"Are you new here? [cancer] has always been here"

Boom, [cancer] is now board culture
>>
>>480868
That's exactly how generalfags justify generals.
Just because we used to shit out pants when we were little kids, does that mean we should still do it now? Apparently so, according to the autists.
>>
File: Saya.full.737643.jpg (485 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Saya.full.737643.jpg
485 KB, 1000x1000
/a/ is the best board because anime is a niche interest and 4chan is literally the best place on the web to discuss it in English. The culture and moderation are to thank for this, i.e. deleting recommendation threads and creating an apparent hostility to outsiders.

It has effectively zero frogposting and almost all images posted on the board are anime. Every show every season has an active viewerbase on /a/. No matter what kind of anime you're into, you'll find a vibrant conversation about it among people who are actually watching the show.

If other boards could learn from this then they too could be as good as /a/.
>>
>>476315
Why are people so hostile to generals? They're easy to disregard.

Yes, SNK threads are the fucking bane of existence. Yes, Jojo shitters are going to be particularly unbearable this Spring. But what's the harm? There's hardly a premium on space on /a/. Do you really think the threads that sink to Page 10 and then 404 are in need of protecting?

Especially when literally everyone uses the catalog now. Generals aren't affecting anyone's browsing experience.
>>
>>480994
>Why are people so hostile to generals?
They don't belong on 4chan.
>They're easy to disregard.
Fuck off; they've taken over entire boards due to this pathetic look away and it stops existing mindset. /a/ is a fucking mess because of them.
>There's hardly a premium on space on /a/.
Nigga you CAN'T make a thread on /a/ or have a discussion about something without the generalfags taking over, or you are told to fuck off back to general X and the thread ends up being deleted.
>Do you really think the threads that sink to Page 10 and then 404 are in need of protecting?
Stop, just fucking stop. There are dozens of threads which are protected by mods, of which almost all of these threads belong on other boards. Pure discussion threads get obscured by the generals and template thread meme shit so they end up ignored or overlooked. This is directly detrimental to the creative growth of the board.

>Especially when literally everyone uses the catalog now.
HAVE A FUCKING LOOK AT THE CATALOG. It's ALL generals, template threads/shitposting threads or image dump threads. Absolute fucking bottom of the barrel trash that has allowed to define contemporary /a/ because people like you thought it wasn't a problem to begin with.

>Generals aren't affecting anyone's browsing experience.
They, and by now it's obvious that you are one of these fucking generalfags who need to get off this site and stay the fuck away. You and your ilk have successfully changed /a/ into nothing but an autistic fucking chat lobby wherein the same themed chatrooms have the same groups of people with the same fucking mindless shitposting every. single. fucking. day. It is impossible to have a decent discussion with people about something on /a/.
I hate you so fucking much. Thanks for coming in to one of the last best little tucked away places and completely fucking destroying it. m00t would have been better off shutting the site down near the end of 2007.
>>
generals were a mistake
>>
>>480992
What anime is Saya no Uta from?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.